viv – antique gray and white striped wardrobe

I hope you had a lovely weekend and Monday.
The weather was absolutely beautiful here and
Saturday marked the start of my oldest boy’s Little League baseball season.
I’ll share our little photo shoot on Thursday…and a bit more
outside of laundry, lavender, and lately, furniture painting.

I promised the whole Viv first, so here she is…
gray white striped antique armoire annie sloan chalk paint paris grey pure white artisan enhancements crackle tex sewing cabinet freckled laundry FOR BLOG

I’ve lost quite a bit of space to store my hoard sewing and craft supplies
since freeing up my once studio for our master bedroom move,
so I plan to use Viv to store my favorite laundry,
thread, and other sewing notions.

I wanted to make a little curtain for the left side
and put my machine in the cubby,
but after draping some white linen over the wire “rod” that I made out of floral wire,
it just didn’t look right with the striped interior.
It might have worked if I painted gray stripes on the linen,
but I ran out of Paris Grey Chalk Paint!

I kept the wire there and just hung some pretties on it for now.freckled laundry lavender linen gray white stripe antique armoire painting annie sloan chalk paint

The juxtaposition of an old, weathered exterior
with clean stripes on the inside was intentional.
freckled laundry gray and white striped antique wardrobe

It’s a bit hard to tell in the picture, but I crackled the finish like I did here in some areas.
viv gray white stripe antique armoire lavender crackle close up freckled laundry FOR BLOG
I actually crackled the whole exterior,
but I tried a new waxing technique that looked h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e.
After repainting and re-waxing, the more faint crackling was filled in.
I actually like it a bit better that way, anyhow.

Here’s a reminder of the before…
antique wardrobe before

After…
freckled laundry gray and white striped wardrobe Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
I love the stripes, but I think they add a touch of masculinity to Viv, don’t you?

Surely as I write this, another thought for the white stripes just came to mind.
I can’t promise that I won’t be decoupaging some with linen stripes (and maybe some white lace stripes, too),
sort of like I did here…
freckled laundry linen striped caddy
Ooh, I might just have to dry brush white on the gray stripes as well.

I think I need another wardrobe.

Oh, it never ends, does it?!

Thank goodness I {love} this sort of thing.

What did you work on this weekend?
Let me know if you’d like a step-by-step tutorial for my wardrobe finish.

Thank you so much for reading my blog,
Jami

Sharing my wardrobe at:
Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.
Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday

Comments

1. keya says:

i absolutely love it! hey, is there anyway you would want to package that wardrobe up and send it up to canada???
    keya
    keya recently posted..lucketts green and polka dotsMy Profile

2. What a lovely piece, Jami! What was just another ugly piece of furniture now is a masterpiece. Great job. And I too love the juxtaposition.
    Brenda
    Brenda Kula-Pruitt recently posted..Tweak It Tuesday #38My Profile

3. cassie says:

LOVE this, jami! so soft and pretty and love the stripes on the inside…. pinned it!
    cassie recently posted..Sophisticated Coastal SideboardMy Profile

4. kathleen says:

Love that Viv!

5. Rita Joy says:

Oh, Jami, I love her!! And, yes, I would absolutely love a tutorial on how you did it…
    Rita Joy recently posted..The Road to HanaMy Profile

6. Melinda says:

Oh my goodness Jami, it looks stunning!!! You are so super talented, I absolutely love everything you do!
    Hope your doing well and have a wonderful day.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

7. I love what you did with this! It really is stunning. The stripes on the insides and the crackle old finish on the outside is such a great combination. Great job Jami!

8. Toni Schierloh says:

Turned out amazing!!!

9. It looks beautiful!! I love grays and whites. :)
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Blair recently posted..Curvy Union JackMy Profile

10. nancyjean says:

oh…love what you did with the wardrobe…beautiful!!! I would love to see the step by step tutorial on this piece. I want to try my hand with the awesome chalk paint…you have inspired me!

Lovely!
    Chris recently posted..A favorite handmade gift for babyMy Profile

12. Oh, Jami!!! I absolutely love this. Thanks to your inspiration I found a local shop {literally within minutes of my house} that sells Annie Sloan paint and I am, as I type this, sitting in a Paris Grey and Pure White stained t-shirt and pants. I am having the best time redoing a kitchen pantry but now that I’ve seen your stripes I may need to rethink my original plan.

Have a wonderful week.

Hugs, Mary Beth
    Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline recently posted..Mother’s Day $200.00 Visa Gift Card & Jewelry Giveaway {plus Mother’s Day Gift Ideas}My Profile

13. viv’s a beauty, jami:) i really love the hit and miss of the crackling!
    lynn at shabby story recently posted..old lace screen, and a slipcover…My Profile

14. Just beautiful! I always love your palette.
    Deb
    Deb @LakeGirlPaints recently posted..How to Stencil Large Graphic Numbers on FabricMy Profile

15. Anne says:

Beautiful piece! LOVE the colors and detail too! Sweet laundry tote.
    xx
    Anne
    Anne recently posted..Guest Host Jennifer RizzoMy Profile

16. Jamie says:

Ah-mazing! I can’t believe the transformation! Love this!
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com
    Jamie recently posted..Give Me The Goods Party #6My Profile

17. What an incredible transformation! So fresh and airy! Thanks for sharing :) I pinned that darling little caddy, too!

18. Liz Marie says:

Holy wow this is awesome! I am stunned. You did such an amazing job. Hope you are having a great week :) xx Liz Marie
    Liz Marie recently posted..Inspiration Board – Cottage Sitting AreaMy Profile

19. pretty, pretty! weathered just the right amount!
    Jessica @ Dear Emmeline recently posted..gone a yard salingMy Profile

20. M says:

This is absolutely precious! There is nothing I don’t love about it. ~M.
    M recently posted..random: My First Craft FairMy Profile

21. Jill Flory says:

Jami that is lovely! I love the stripes and they definitely need to be seen and not covered up!
    Jill Flory recently posted..Finding HomeMy Profile

22. andrea says:

It turned out great Jami…you have mad painting skills. I also loved how you lavender desk turned out…your home looks so dreamy.

23. Suzanne says:

Love the gray and white stripes! It gives the piece such a fresh, clean look.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Suzanne
    Suzanne recently posted..Saturday Sparks Link Party 10My Profile

24. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

What a charmer Jami! And I love those stripes – soft and pretty!

25. Bev says:

Beautiful ! Love the white top . Can you share where you got it ?

• Jami says:

Thank you, Bev! That little white top was a thrift shop find and the label was removed so I couldn’t find out for you. :(

26. Holy Moly! The amount of work that must have taken, and it’s really paid off. Just beautiful.
    Debbie Christianson recently posted..Meet Tommy, the bike dresserMy Profile

• Jami says:

Thank you so much, Debbie! Taping off the stripes was a little more time-consuming than my usual just slap the paint on and wax method, but it wasn’t too bad! xo

27. 腕時計 ロレックス