(air your laundry friday) textile party

Hello.

I apologize for the lack of posts this past week!
It was just one of those weeks where I was extra extra needed as a mom and wife (and sis),
and while I did start and finish a few projects, I just didn’t get to share them yet.

My blog has been such a big part of every week for the last two years.
If I don’t write or read posts for a few days, I feel off like I haven’t talked to my sister in a week.
You can imagine how I feel after an entire week!

One of the projects that my husband and I worked on included painting the original windows and storms on our 1964 ranch-style home, but midway through repairing one window, the husband and I decided it was time to just replace them (well, 3/4 of them) instead of buying new flooring for the kitchen and family room. So, a few of my days have been spent returning laminate flooring samples and cruising around getting specs and quotes on windows instead.

Today, we finally forked over the debit card and HOORAY for new windows on the way!
{Windows that I can actually clean on a regular basis…and see out of.}

Let me know if you want me to share the style, brand we went with and why, etc.

New flooring has been pushed back until next year. Despite wanting things finished (and I use the term loosely) on the inside,
investing in new, energy efficient windows was the wiser choice. I wanted a new floor for my kitchen reveal, but I’ll just have to make do for a little longer and that’s okay.

Anyhow, enough windows and flooring.
It’s time for a little laundry.

Thank you so much for making my party a stop when you have laundry to share,
and for those of you that don’t blog, thank you so much for making a party a stop for inspiration.

Here are just a few favorites from last week…

I love repurposing laundry and this shirt pillow from Vintage Prairie Style is beautiful.

Such a simple way to create pillows with lovely details without the extra sewing.

Kelli and Kristi at LollyJane linked up this a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e. child’s handprint art.

They used an online photo & canvas printing service for the scanned artwork (and some other very cute stuff),
but you could create the little masterpieces directly on blank canvases too.
So sweet.

Amy at Atta Girl Says created a lovely, rustic Fall mantel display.
I like the colored burlap peeking through in her wreath.

And speaking of lovely Fall wreaths,
I think this DIY Fall Wreath made by Jaime at Crafty Scrappy Happy is beautiful too.

Thank you for dropping off your laundry!

Two simple party rules:
1. This is a textile {fabric} project party only.
You can link up anything that uses some sort of textiles (i.e. a piece of twine) in any way.
You can also link up inspiration.
2. Please be take a minute and link back to the party in your post.
I hope you have a lovely Friday!
Any fantastic plans for the weekend?

love,
Jami

Comments

1. great features this week! Sorry to hear the flooring will have to wait but good windows are a necessity when cold weather hits.

2. Jody says:

Thanks for hosting a great party! Love all the features. ‘

Jody

3. You will so appreciate your new windows. We got new ones this Spring and the cleaning part was the biggest perk. Ours were old and so dirty on the outside because we were too lazy to clean them. Now that they easier to clean they sparkle all the time :)

• Jami says:

Sparkly windows are what I look forward to most, too. Total laziness on my part as well…It’s a serious undertaking to get to the outside panes, especially on a regular basis. We unscrewed all of the storms and screens a couple of weeks ago (for the first time since we moved in) for a good cleaning and repainting. The outside windows, storms and screens are the original color of butternut squash…blegh! So, I’m looking forward to clean and white windows. Happy you got new windows too! Have a lovely weekend, Jen!

4. Thank you SO SO SO much for the feature sweet girl! I am so honored! :) And thank you for hosting I am excited that I have another 2 projects to link up! That doesn’t usually happen for me :) Happy week girlie!
    Jaime

5. Keya says:

Wow!!!!! Thanks so much for the feature Jami!!!! Good for you for going for windows over flooring – we too live in a “1965 dream home” lots of updates are happening, and unfortunately they have not all been cosmetic – actually most have not been. I am looking forward to being able to make some changes around here – ones that involve a sledge hammer and a chisel and not just a paint brush, though it’s amazing what you can do with paint… thanks again!

• Jami says:

“1965 dream home” – love it! I hope you get to make some cosmetic changes soon. At least everything will be right when you do. We’ve had our fair share of sledgehammer swinging and repairs too. In fact, we’re getting ready to demo our moisture damaged basement walls down to the studs next week. Fun stuff. Have a wonderful weekend, Keya!

6. Lolly Jane says:

Hey Jami! THANKS for the shout out! [Although techincally canvas isn't a textile?! LOL!!]

You rock. Love your site!! XOXO

• Jami says:

Canvas is technically a textile in my book! Printed or painted, it’s cloth stapled to a frame. :) Thanks again for linking and for the sweet note! xo

7. Deb says:

I just love the wreaths, so pretty! have a wonderful weekend sweetie

Bee happy x

8. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

Thanks for hosting, Jami! Have a great weekend!

9. Jennifer Carroll says:

Glad you had a good week but so glad you’re back!! It’s nice to take a break sometimes though just to realize how much you love your job :-)

10. http://raggygirlvintage.blogspot.ca/ says:

Sounds like a busy week for you, always family first for sure! I’m loving the wreaths you featured this week, just linked up my fabric pumpkins, thanks for hosting:-)
    Tracey

11. blackenpot says:

Hi just fond your interesting blog and I have linked up wiyh my use of old textiles. Thank you
    blackenpot recently posted..På skattejakt i helgen……..Treasure hunting this weekend.My Profile