wooden invitations & dot burlap bags

Amidst all of the kitchen stuff,
I have 3rd birthday party stuff for the twins to tackle.

I cannot believe my babies will be three.

I also cannot believe the party is in 17 days!

I shared my rustic bumble bee favors (a.k.a. bunny on bath salts) here.

Keeping with the rustic bee theme for the invitations,
I had a custom stamp made (Etsy) with
“wee. be. three.”
and stamped balsam wood tags (ebay).

I just used a Sharpie pen to write out party details on the back of the tags.
This invitation inspiration the wording on the back.
A little jute twine…
…and done.
I like that the invitation carries the rustic bee inspiration without being too theme-y
(i.e. a picture of a bumble bee on the front).

You can see my dot burlap favor bags behind them.

The folks at burlapfabric.com contacted me for a review
and I thought these little 5 x 7 burlap bags would be perfect for favor bags.

They are a bit utilitarian (I believe you would use them for seedlings and such?)
but a few snips of loose ends & string and they were perfect.

Using a small dot stencil and craft paint, I added some chocolate and yellow polka dots.
Aren’t they cute?
Now I just have to figure out what to fill them with.
I’m thinking…
• honey straws
•Hershey chocolate bars wrapped with several bands/strips of yellow construction paper
to resemble stripes on a bumble bee
• honey dippers
(I thought about setting up a little craft table for the kids to paint & personalize them.)
(Found for $1 each at clarkewoodworks on Etsy.)
• and various other things of chocolate and yellow
These Toffee Sugar Crunch “Honey I washed the Kid” soaps are a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.,
but I’m not sure how excited a child would get over soap.
Even cute soap.
Even cute soap that looks good enough to eat.
By the way, I ordered two.
You can find them at Soapfix on Etsy HERE.
Taking suggestions for fun favors under a $1.
{thank you}
Have a lovely week!

bumble bee theme birthday party, bee theme birthday party, 3 birthday party ideas,3rd birthday party idea, third birthday party ideas. wooden invitations, simple invitation ideas,
bee invitation ideas, bee invitation wording. bee birthday party, rustic birthday party, burlap birthday party, bee party tutorials

1. OK, I’m no help to you, but I’m smitten over those burlap bags! You are so so creative. :)

2. Deanne says:

Have you seen where they wrap some lollies (candy) in cellophane and use pipe cleaners to make them look like insects, maybe there is a bee design?

3. AntiqueChase says:

It’s great to “bee” three… fun idea!

4. Bee shaped cookies on top of yellow and chocolate cupcakes? How about tiny jars of honey (they make them as baby shower gifts online)? Absolutely love the idea of pipe cleaner bees around yellow candy of some type! Jars of yellow bubbles. Yellow water bottles with stripes on them? Okay..that’s all I’ve got… for now. It’s going to “bee” amazing! xo

5. Too cute! I remember a bee theme party feature in Martha Stewart Kids maybe? Way back in the day! Yours is gonna be so cute! I like your idea of letting the kids paint their honey dippers.

6. que lindo!!

7. b&t blog says:

JAMI – gosh you are so darn creative…talented and sweet too! LOVE the birthday theme for the kids….just love it!

8. Pinecone says:

Jami – such adorable ideas!! Loving the we. bee. three. – so cute! xo Ashlyn

9. Okay… these are absolutely adorable not to mention just plain fun ideas!

10. So fun! Dollar tree white mini metal buckets (4 for $1) filled with “bee food?” Flower shaped cookies maybe?

11. So cute Jami! Your twins are just a few months younger than my daughter. :) She had a bubble party!

12. What about flavored honey sticks! They’re pretty cheap and come in tons of flavors…just google it! Here’s an Amazon link just to give you an idea of what I’m talking about if you haven’t seen them! You could tag them with something like “Hope you had a sweet time” or “It was sweet of you to fly by”!

13. or find some Post Honeycomb cereal! Maybe they sell mini boxes!

14. or there are tons of recipes (also a science project) for making honeycomb candy! It bubbles up and hardens and then it’s time to eat! http://www.thekitchn.com/candy-with-a-crunch-honeycomb-109522

15. Jenny Lynn says:

I the stamp is very cute. The little burlap bags are going to be fun with what ever you decided to fill them with.

16. Lori Young says:

That is such a cute invite & I love the soap!! My youngest {of 4} turns 3 in October.. I can’t believe how quickly it all happens!!

17. chris says:

My goodness, they are adorable, Jami! What fun you are having getting ready for the big day. :)

18. lynn says:

oh, so cute!–love your stamp sentiment, jami! my brother’s twins are already 12! they grow so fast!

19. Maria at inredningsvis.se says:

Your blog is so wonderful and Im following…I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration…check out my new post:)

Have a great weekend dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se

20. Happy Birthday in advance to your twins! I simply cannot wait to see all the creativity that you have in store for their party!!! Also, you never cease to amaze me with all that you do in your home + all that you juggle in between!!! You rock, girly!!!!