wire and nail hanging spice storage

If you remember, my kitchen plan is to

paint my lower cabinets (all three of them) a time-worn lavender
and everything above them (upper cabs, walls, stuff)
will be desaturated (as in pure white).

The little magnetic spice holders on my fridge
have served their purpose well for a couple of years,
but I wanted something fresh…and white.

Here is a simple little spice storage solution that I whipped up
using glass jars, floral wire, and nails.

They are hanging to the left of the stove,
an arm reach away and at the ready.

Only white things that I use regularly were put in the jars.
Salt
Kosher Salt
Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Confectioner’s Sugar
Cornstarch

All of the wire has since been switched to the thicker floral wire.
I was trying out different gauges and although the thinner jewelry wire works,
it will rust a little with moisture unlike floral wire.

The tutorial couldn’t be any easier and here’s all that you’ll need…

(Bring your 40% off coupons and the wire and marker will be even cheaper.)

The bottles that I used happened to have a notch on the neck.

Loveitwhenthathappens.

A pound of a nail and a little wrap and twist of wire,

and I had myself a hanging spice holder.

I’m not really sure what to call it.
It looks like a spice holder but there technically aren’t any spices in them.
Hmmmm.

Doesn’t matter.
I’m happy with whatever it is.

Simplicity.

{sigh}

Have a lovely weekend!

I’m squeezing out every last drop of the weekend with my boy.

He starts fourth grade on Wednesday!
We have some angry birds gear to make today.

Update:
I purchased the spice jars HERE.

Jami
anthropologie inspired spice rack, hanging spice rack, hanging baking rack, DIY spice holder rack, easy spice rack, white, vintage spice rack, unique spice rack, unique kitchen ideas, small kitchen storage solution and organization, creative kitchen storage best small kitchen organization tips

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

I think your “spice” jar idea is cool and I would think the men would like it for their work shops.

2. J says:

Your page loaded in less than 3 seconds on my end (pretty good i’d say). I love the “spice” display, so simple – yet useful!

3. Your blog loads quickly for me and LOVE your spice jars! Have a glorious weekend and hug your young man too! Fourth grade seems like yesterday. Cherish every moment. xo

4. Your page loads fine for me! And I love your ‘spice rack’ – whether it contains spices or not!

5. chris says:

Oh, Jami. These are the perfect touch for your kitchen. I’m always surprised at the amazing things you come up with!

6. I love these! They look great in your kitchen. What a terrific idea.

7. This is a great idea, and you are right. Simplicity, especially in the kitchen is good. Have an awesome weekend!

xoxo, Tanya

8. Jami,

Your blog pulled right up for me! I love that spice jar project! I need to make this for my kitchen :)

Thanks for sharing and inspiring me today!
    karianne

9. summersoul says:

your page came right up for me. And I love your idea and the fact that you noted where you found everything to assemble it. Happy labor day weekend
    MC

10. Your blog loaded right away Jami. Hey I think that is the cutest spice idea. How do you make your twists of wire so perfectly though?? this is an idea I expect to see float all over Pinterest!

11. you blog loaded fine sweetie and the spice jars on the hooks are a great idea. Hugs and thank you for sharing. I hope you have lovely week.

12. Your plans for your kitchen sound sweet:)I love these little spice jars …Thanks for the inspiration:)I need to finish my kitchen too. I always wonder if there ever comes a time when you can just kick back, knowing every room is perfect and just take it all in …or does that just come approx. 10 mins before it’s time to start all over again….at this rate I don’t know if I’ll ever find out:)
    Have a great week, Francine

13. Candin says:

I love the simplicity of your “spice” display! So clean and fresh looking.

14. Deana Henderson says:

Where do u get the jars? Love the idea it will be great in our Little kitchen

15. Deana Henderson says:

Oh and BTW your page loaded up fine for me. lol

16. Deana Henderson says:

Scratch that last question found them and ordered some Thanks