fabric monogram & chalk painted pitcher and etsy!

Happy Tuesday!
Earlier this year,
I picked up a reproduction zinc pitcher at a local antique shop for $12
with every intention of painting it white and adding some cotton prettiness.
It was originally galvanized (silver) with a faux green and copper spotted patina
that, although quite pretty, wasn’t going to work for my decor.
I loved the shape and figured 12 bucks and some time
was easier to swallow than $75 for an authentic antique French zinc pitcher
{that will be mine…someday}.
I used cotton scraps and DecoArt’s Decou-page for the monogram,
and Annie Sloan’s Chalk Paint in Pure White.
Much more me.
DecoArt is a DIY Club sponsor so I’m sharing
the before photo and quick tutorial over there today.
I would love the pitcher to stay put on my kitchen table,
but Edyn uses it to carry around all of her mini LaLaLoopsy dolls.
Hmmm…I think she takes after her mama.
Keep up that vintage lovin’, baby girl!
And, once upon a time I had an Etsy shop filled with little clay tags.
I have missed making them and was happy to get back in clay mode for a bit and make a batch.
I recently made a wholesale order of rectangular wooden tags for two of my favorite farm girls,
so I decided to ditch the circle shape for this clay bundle
and {loosely} replicate the shape of the wooden ones.
A little changes keeps things fresh.
I have five sets of each “fleur” style ready for shipping in my Etsy shop!

I also added five white ruffle pouches.

That’s it until the next batch.

Use coupon code SUMMER15 for 15% off
as a little way of saying {thank you} for your friendship, support and patience!
Have a lovely week.

1. I love love how the pitcher came out!! You are totally making me want to paint some but need to find them first :)

2. chris says:

I love your new tag design! Hooray for taking something with good bones, and making it lovely. :)

3. Jami so smart to keep it fresh and updated with the rectangular tag shape. Of course I still love the circular ones but that little fabric rosette is truly the right touch. Perfectly completed.

4. love the pitcher with that tone-on-tone “C.” Lovely! Your clay tags are sweet. I’ve often thought about making some…what kind of clay do you use? Fimo? (please say “non.” I think it’s so hard to work with) Love me those ruffled pouches too!! Your daughter is just adorable!!! happy day to you Jami!

5. Love the tags Jami! And the pouches…and the daughter!! So adorable!

6. Everything is beautiful. I love when I look at something and it literally makes me sigh. Your daughter is gorgeous.

7. Thanks for the reminder! HGTV Design Star is on at 9 and even though tomorrow is a work day, I’ll have to try to stay awake long enough to see Craft Wars!

8. Jodi says:

I love the iphone case, I just ordered one :) SO SO cute! :)

I also love the new tags, so pretty! :)

I will have to set my dvr to record craft wars! I really want to watch it!

Take care, girlie!

9. ritajoy says:

I love your pitcher, Jami…and those tags are gorgeous! I love the softness of the fabric flower on the clay tag. Beautiful.

10. Oh…Jami…although the pitcher is sublime, Edyn stole the show!
    She is beautiful and growing so!
    Your Etsy is open!
    Makes my day!

11. The pitcher is gorgeous! And your clay tags as well. Your little girl is so sweet.

12. I love the pitcher and what a great buy! And tags…love them, too! I’m off to look at your Etsy tonight! You are so talented, my friend!

13. Jill Elaine says:

Those are SO SO cute! I wish I wasn’t on a strict budget right now:( But eventually I want some made for Sew a fine Seam!

14. Susan says:

Oh, your pitcher came out amazing Jami! Now I wish I hadn’t left without a repro pink one yesterday at the Flea. I didn’t have your vision!
    Never heard of this crafting show…hmmmm, may need to take a look!

15. Mimi says:

I enjoy your blog! I think this is my first comment. I just had to order the cute cell phone case. I recently got an iphone for my birthday and made my own case using denim pockets from old shorts and some really cool fabric (possibly upholstery). For the strap , I recycled hemp tabs from a cotton duck shower curtain. Sounds neat, but I don’t sew, and it shows! So looking forward to the ruffles!
    Check out my Etsy shop full of vintage goodies…search

16. So glad you put tags in your Etsy shop. I couldn’t help myself and just bought a set. Love them.

17. Oh Jami,

Reading this post from you is truly delightful!!! That pitcher is amazing and all the little projects that you do are just fabulous!!! How do you do it all?!?! And your little girl is soooo cute!!! But she takes after her mama who is just beautiful! :) Wishing you a wonderful day!

18. lynn says:

LOVE the cute pitcher, and the cute little face, jami:) the pretty tags are such a clever idea!

19. HRH Sarah says:

Your pitcher is lovely, great redo. Is there anything that ASCP can’t fix??? I haven’t yet tried it, but dang, there are some stylish looking projects!

20. Jaime Lyn says:

I love that pitcher. your ideas are always so beautiful but yet you make me feel like I might be able to do them!!! You are such a great inspiration! Thank you! and ps I might just have to splurge on some of your etsy shop treasures!!!
    jaime from crafty scrappy happy