french crate lid

I haven’t been that productive on the blog front this week,
but I certainly have been on the clay tag and mommy front.
Oh my.
The orders have been such a blessing, especially as the holidays approach.
{Thank you.}
That said, I haven’t had a moment to work on my kitchen
but I did find a little something for my living room that I’m pretty sure was meant to be.
A short while back, I was introduced to The French Gypsy.
While browsing Janet’s lovely Etsy shop, I stumbled upon a vintage French crate lid.
Not just any French crate lid either.
A French crate with lavender writing.
 I mean, what are the chances of me finding a French lid
addressed to “Monsieur Rouzier Maurice” with lavender marker?
(Well, purple marker that has faded over time.)
I was beside myself with happiness but it was short lived
when I realized that the lid was RESERVED for someone else.
Oh, man.
I sent Janet a message begging asking her to let me know
if the person for whom the lid was reserved happened to change her mind.
Well, the stars aligned or something because a couple of weeks later,
I got the glorious news that it didn’t sell.
So, a little French crate lid traveled all the way from France to my living room wall.
(Much to my surprise, it only took a week.)
Such French rustic charm.
This may be my favorite find yet.
I’ll be finishing up a wholesale tag order tomorrow and Friday.
Another Annie Sloan Pure White & Graphite Chalk Paint order was delivered yesterday
so I’m hoping to finish my cabinets Saturday morning.
If all goes as planned, I’ll share some progress photos this weekend.

1. Candylei says:

The crate lid is such a beautiful find! Hope you get some time for yourself and happy creating. ;-)

2. AntiqueChase says:

Oh so beautiful! Sometimes it’s just meant to be! I’m waiting for a seller of something I want to contact me and say the same!!

3. just gorgeous, Jami. Sounds like it was truly “meant to be”! xoxo

Yes, that was meant to be, Jami! Good things are worth waiting for. It is perfect in your house. It’s lovely!

5. sissie says:

Oh I love it!!!! I’m so glad you were able to get it.

6. Yayyyy Jami how fun is that!! I love it!

7. WEll that crate lid was meant to live at your cottage after all!! It is so pretty Jami!

8. What a FABULOUS piece! I’m in love!! It was made for you! How exciting!

9. That piece of French goodness was meant to be cherished by you!

10. Oh my goodness Jami,
    How perfect was this for you!!! It looks so beautiful hanging on your wall! Great find!
    Hope your having a beautiful week!

11. Erica says:

It’s gorgeous! What a very creative idea!

affordable medical insurance

12. Laurel says:

Perfect…lucky you :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

13. SueAnn says:

Oh how beautiful! Love the sign!!

14. Oh this is such a great find!!! It’s so you, and it looks great in your home! I would love to have something like this hanging on my wall too! Congrats on being able to get it after all! :)

15. LOVE this! : )