mini crib bedding

My best friend, Denyel is just about ready to bring her second baby girl into the world.
Sweet little Kennedy.
I am passing along one of the twins’ mini cribs.
(If you’re expecting twins, will be sleeping baby in your room,
or simply have a small nursery,
the DaVinci Emily crib was a beautiful and sturdy space saver…
and my twins used theirs through 22 months.)
Cute mini crib bedding is a bit hard to find though.

A short while back, my Crea8tive blog friend Stephanie
cleared out her stash of b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l laundry and gifted it to me.
{Thank you again, Stephanie.}

When I saw the bright pink and green damask print,
it had Denyel written all over it and
I knew it would be perfect for custom bedding for baby Kennedy.
(And, it just happened to match some polka dot fabric from my own hoard.)
I hunkered down in front of my sewing machine yesterday and…
…made that baby girl some boutique bedding.
I disassembled the crib months ago, so I apologize for what looks like chair bedding!

I made a crib skirt with the damask, trimmed with white bias tape.

Using Chris at Pickup Some Creativity’s awesome Finished Edge Inset tutorial,
I did a peekaboo “K” on the front of the blanket with coordinating polka dot fabric.
Stephanie also sent along the softest, bright pink fleece and I lined the back of the blanket with it.
Coordinating rail guards tie onto the crib.
(Oh how I wish I had made these for my babes. During bouts of extreme teething,
they chewed their rails like little Piranha!)
A little padding was added to the front bar with quilt batting.
I used the elastic method that I shared here to make the ruched lumbar pillow
and added white tie closures.
Because this was custom bedding, I didn’t use any patterns.
It was quite simple to make though.
All you need is time, a tape measure, and basic sewing skills.

I hope she and mommy love it.

And, I hope you are enjoying this lovely Fall weather (if it applies).
My children and I have been taking it all in, right down to the candy apples.
(Turns out Edyn prefers caramel apples just like her mama though.)
Darn. I just gave myself a caramel craving.

The darling shabby chic headband that Edyn is wearing was purchased
from Bella’s Bowtique on Etsy!

1. Your little girl is soo adorable! LOVE the bedding too~ xo Rachel

2. Katie says:

I love this bedding! It is adorable! The pink and green just look great together!

3. chris says:

Absolutely gorgeous stuff, Jami. I love what you’ve done with the monogram, too. I’m sure this will be a loved gift.

4. Jami,

I think you’ve just outdid yourself with this lovely bedding!!! The fabric guard rails are genius!!! :) Absolutely beautiful all around!!!

5. Edyn looks just like her mommy in that photo. She is a precious doll! Jami! The bedding is beautiful…lucky little Kennedy!

6. Becky says:

OMG the bedding is so amazing, what a lucky little girl. the photo of your sweet little one is great I love that I can see how far you have gone in all of your endeavors in such a short amount of time. You’ve come a long way baby!! ( I am totally not saying that you weren’t amazing in the beginning just that I love your stuff and glad I have been a fan from the start!)

7. Stephanie says:

Wow Jami you out did yourself! Those fabrics look so amazing together. What a great friend you are to do this, such a sweet gift. So proud to be a small part of all this, you really deserve all the credit! Love the whole look, so fun and just a touch of shabby :)

8. Awww that is stunning i love it x
    Might have a go at some for my baby son’s crib off to my fabric stash…thanks for inspiring me today ;)

9. What a beautiful set you made, Jami! I love it and I love the fabrics you used!

10. I loved the colour combination and the patterns – lovely!

11. julie says:

That’s beautiful Jami! You make it look so simple. I’m a caramel apple fan too and darn if you didn’t pass that craving right over the internet waves. Hope you’re doing well and have a great weekend!

12. Mel says:

I awarded you the Versitile Blogger Award….come check it out at Mel’s Designs from the Cabin.

Edyn is a beautiful little girl! How sweet the photo of her is. What a doll, Jami. You are amazing with your sewing skills! The bedding is so pretty and what a nice friend you are. I bet Denyel is going to be thrilled.

what a lucky girl your BFF is! You did a beautiful job onthe bedding. Super cute and super girly :)

Uh- Is Edyn’s apple blue? thats icky!

15. Brandi says:

Oh my heavens that it the CUTEST headband on your daughter!! I have 4 girls of my own…can I ask? Where did you get it? it’s darling!