hutch and new chalk paint colors

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
I’ve spent the day holed up in my craft room,
organizing and finishing up a few clay tag orders.
About 10 minutes ago, it dawned on me that I still needed
to share the French Linen paint color that some of you
were looking forward to seeing this weekend.
I put together a sample comparison board {below}
because although I used French Linen on my hutch re-refinish,
it was added to white.
I painted the following swatches on a piece of scrap pine
and I hope you find it helpful.
The new Annie Sloan Chalk Paint colors are
Pure White, French Linen, and CoCo…
I also painted a swatch of Paris Grey for comparison.
As you can {hopefully} see, Paris Grey is a much cooler gray than French Linen,
which is a beautiful, warm, taupe gray.
The swatch at the very bottom is a quick and dirty weathered/driftwood effect
that you can get with Pure White, French Linen, and CoCo.
It would be beautiful on wicker baskets.
I’m hoping to attend an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Workshop in November,
so that I can learn some new techniques with the paint and waxes.
Jami

Comments

1. janet says:

Hey Girl…I am hoping to be with Patty around the same time!

I will be looking for you!

janet xox

PS…don’t you just love the new colors? You hutch is just lovely!

2. andrea says:

This piece came out lovely. I like the swatch board idea with the different greys on it, too. This is so useful in the planning stages. andrea@townandprairie

3. Hi Jani!
    I love the combination of Pure White, French Linen and Cocoa. Thanks for sharing the color swatch idea!

Your hutch looks fabulous. It’s such a unique piece of furniture to begin with. You have to feel jazzed that you have completed the chair and the hutch!
    Have a great week!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

Ooh, your hutch is gorgeous! I love how the bead board is in a contrasting color, too. :) And that is so helpful to see all those colors painted together like that. I love the driftwood color you created, too! :)

How are you doing? It sounds like you had a good weekend! I hope you have a wonderful Monday, too!

Blessings,
    Jenni

5. Jane says:

Hi Jami

I’m not sure if you follow Sarah at Modern Country Style but she recently posted on Annie Sloan paints at http://moderncountrystyle.blogspot.com/2011/07/introducing-annie-sloan.html. Those paints look divine.

J x

6. Kays Kids says:

I love the white on your dresser. That dresser is a dream, I love it. I have to paint some wicker chairs for outside. Would that paint be OK for under a veranda?
    Hugs

7. Your hutch is beautiful!!!
    I am loving all of the new ASCP colors!

8. Hutch looks beautiful Jami! Those new colors are quite dark, aren’t they. I think your mix is perfection!!

9. Jacqui says:

The hutch is gorgeous, and I love those colours….

10. The hutch it gorgeous! How do you like the pure white compared to the old white? I think I just need to take the chance and order some pure white. I want to do a hutch as well but it’s pretty big. I hope a can will do.

11. Karen says:

Thank you for the paint swatches! I do love the hutch too though. God bless x

12. shar says:

Thank u for sharing.. I love the mixture it reminds me of driftwood..hey maybe that’s a new name for it lol. Anyhows I am going to paint a bed this color :) ty again.