ruffled linen bag

Hi, loves.
Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!
It’s been a little frightening on the East Coast as Hurricane Irene continues on her path.
New York is in a State of Emergency but we aren’t expecting to be hit nearly as hard as Long Island, etc.
I’m rural and about four hours north and west of NYC and we are only expecting higher winds and rain

but still, I never underestimate nature.
We’ve had a few high wind storms this summer (not of hurricane proportions)
that had me taking cover in my basement.

If you’re on the East Coast, be safe.

My prayers go out to the families of the five victims that Irene has already taken.
Hopefully, that is it.
Aside from being intermittently glued to the weather channel,
I wrangled toddlers, grocery shopped, and did some cleaning and purging today.
 I worked.
Just not on anything pretty.
I thought I’d share the ruffled cotton and linen bag that I made with my Aunt Virgie last week.
In addition to a front pocket, there are several lined pockets inside
{that I completely neglected to take a photo of}.
I wanted to keep it soft so I didn’t add interfacing but I think next time I will.
I love bags like most girls love shoes so I’ll be sad to part with this.
(It’s a gift for a friend.)
 Are you a shoe or bag girl…or both?
Happy Sunday.

1. Espero que Irene pase cuanto antes y usted y su familia estén fuera de peligro.
    Rezo por todos aquellos que han sufrido las consecuencias del huracán.
    Su bolso es precioso, yo soy mas de bolsos.
    Feliz domingo.

2. Shoes. Love bags, but shoes are my weakness.

Stay warm and dry,

3. Hello!
    It’s beautiful bag, great job!
    Here from Spain we are mindful of you, I hope the hurricane pass quickly and without harming
    Greetings from Spain

4. Miranda says:

Stay safe Jami! I hope your area is bypassed gently.

I personally have a huge thing for bags. Shoes are nice, but not that important…I have tons of bags. I need to learn to make some pretty ruffled ones myself, but I need some lessons to take away my fear of the sewing machine. Your bag is gorgeous, and I’m a sucker for inner pockets.

Take care and have a good weekend.

5. Ms Kate says:

Shoes, meh. I have 3 pairs maybe. But bags… oh yes, I have LOTS, i always look in second hand shops, some amazing bargins!

6. Kays Kids says:

Keep safe and all those you love. My prayers are with all the people in that region.

7. SueAnn says:

Shoes!!! Love them!!

8. Stay safe – even higher winds can topple trees. What a mess up there and I pray for everyone’s safety.

9. Mel says:

Me too! I love bags and I make Rag Bags over at Mel’s Designs from the Cabin blogspot….I give most of mine away to the homeless women when we feed them on 2nd Friday night of each month…I’m selling the better bags in craft fairs…Mr. Cabin is staged in W. Va waiting out the storm with The Salvation Army mobile kitchen units, then going into the affects areas from the hurricane…prayers are with everyone up there…

10. Jami ~ Your bag is just beautiful!! I think I am mostly a bag girl but I do love shoes too ~

11. charlcr says:

definitely bags! they akways fit!

12. It is beautiful, Jami! Very soft looking. I made a tote out of some left-over “toweling” fabric I had bought several months ago to make runners. It is that pre-hemmed fabric {on the sides}. It was also soft, but maybe just enough so that you wouldn’t have to add interfacing.

13. Dawn says:

Hey Jami! I’m totally a bag lady!!! Hahaha! Looove this bag!

Looks like Irene spared us down her in Westchester county! Thank goodness! Glad you’re doing ok!

14. Hi Jami,
    I adore your tote!!! And thanks so much for your rouching tutorial the other day. I already did a couple of things and they turned out great!
    Please take care and I pray that you and your family are safe!!
    Have a beautiful Sunday.

15. This is so pretty — love the softness of it! I’ve lately become a ‘bag’ girl . . . hunting especially for vintage bags and purses!

16. Mary says:

You are so talented, Jami! I totally think you should sell your ruffled bags on Etsy. I know someone who would LOVE one! ;)

17. Karen says:

Hi Jami~ Such a cute bag. And yes, I am a shoe AND bag girl. I use to be shoe buyer for a department store and a small boutique. I am still obsessed over both accessories!

18. What a very pretty tote Jami!
    I love both but have more shoes…it’s easier!