Ruched Ruffle Video Tutorial

I had a few requests for a tutorial of how to make the ruched ruffle on this laundry bag
…so I put together a quick video for you.
The first part is the simple, ruched ruffle tutorial.
I also sew the ruffle to a hand towel and share a quick, double ruching tutorial.
And, I apologize in advance for having the most annoying voice ever. Ugh.
(It’s like Fran Drescher’s laugh.)
On a separate note, my grandfather is in the hospital and things aren’t looking so good.
If you pray, I would be so grateful if you said a little healing one for him.
The sweetest fact:
He was nicknamed ‘Shakespeare’ in the army
because of all the beautiful letters he would write my grandmother
while serving his country during WWII.
Doesn’t that just melt your heart?
Have a lovely weekend.
Jami

Comments

1. Kays Kids says:

I’m thinking of you all at this worrying time. My prayers are with your dear Grandad.
    Love and Warm Hugs
    Kay

2. Mel says:

I enjoy your blog….I’m praying for your grandfather and family…your tutorial was very helpful for another sewer like me…always looking to learn something new…Mel’s Designs from the Cabin….Mel

3. Thanks for the tutorial! And, many prayers of healing and restoration for your Grandpa!

4. Your voice… OMG… it’s so… so… sweet!!! LOL! I don’t know what you are talking about when you say your voice is annoying like Fran Drescher’s laugh! LOL!

Your tutorial is awesome… I’m thinking of trying that 2nd technique on a curtain… what do you think?

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, you and he will be in my thoughts.

Tania

5. jo says:

I, too, will pray for you and your family, espically Grampa. Thanks for the video. Did you do a video on making tissue balls that can hang from the ceiling? I saved that video because I want to make them for my niece’s baby shower but your voice is exactly like that girl’s, and not like Fran Drescher at all!

6. chris says:

It is not fun when papa isn’t well. I lost my beloved papa almost 2 years ago. Sending prayers for your family.

7. I’m so sorry about your grandfather, prayers your way!
    thanks for the tutuorial!
    XO
    kristin

8. Sending my thoughts your way for your grandfather, deary!! What a touching story about his nickname.

Thanks for the tutorial on your beautiful bag!!

9. Mary says:

Hi, Jami.

We will add your grandfather to the prayer list, sweetie. Have a lovely weekend.

xo
    Mary

10. Hi Jami,
    I will definitely be praying for your grandfather!!! Do you have any of the letters that he wrote to her?
    I also want to thank you for the tutorial.
    Have a beautiful weekend and lots of healing thoughts for your grandfather!!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

11. Hi Jami,

Sending over some prayers for your grandfather! That story with the love letters is oh so sweet. ;) I love looking at old letters to sweethearts…especially photos with writing behind them.

And thank you for the tutorial – I still don’t own a machine quite yet, but it is very helpful to see. ;) For now, I can only sew by hand…hopefully that will change soon. BTW, your voice is too cute {and not annoying at all like you said}! ;) Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Jessie

12. Jami, that was a fantastic tutorial. I have not seen it done before. I just bought a ruffler attachment for my machine. Okay so it was months ago! I really need to get it out to try it. But I do love this method.

I hope you grandpa is doing well. I love a man that can write love letter. So sweet!

13. I’m sending prayers and energy to dear Grandfather Shakespeare.

Thanks for the tutorial and I love your voice!

~Lynne

14. Christina says:

I’m praying for your grandfather, and thanks for the great tutorial :)
    xoxo

15. Mel says:

The link above shows the ruffle technique you taught in your video…look for the flowered ruffle….THANK YOU!!
    Mel’s Designs from the Cabin…follows you….Mel

16. SuzyMcQ says:

Lighting a candle for your grandfather and adding my prayers to those of your other blogging friends. Sending strength to you and yours……

17. Sending prayers of comfort to your grandfather and family.

18. janet says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..Thanks too for the tutorial..
    Janet

19. Karen says:

Hi Jami,
    I will add my prayers for your grandad and your family too.

20. Lisa says:

Thanks for the tutorial! and yes, that is the sweetest thing about your grandfather! Just the sweets!!!

Lisa

21. What a fantastic tutorial. I thought your voice was fine. But I don’t like mine either. I too am also a lead foot backstitcher.

One question, how do you add script/words to your you tube video?

Prayers for Shakespeare.

Oh! That just made me so teary. Sending you and Shakespeare light and love.

Sending you good thoughts and lots of prayers for your sweet Grandfather. How wonderful that he would write your Grandmother letters. I love letter writing. I will keep good thoughts for him, Jami, and your family. A big hug to you. A great tutorial!

24. Prayers for your grandfather, Jami! My mother saved all my dad’s letters he wrote to her and to other family members while he was overseas during WWII.
    Big hugs for you to be strong during this difficult time.

25. Amanda43 says:

I hope all is well for your Grandfather….. I love your blog, and I am quite new to all of this. I have a question for you. I want to know how to make a multi ruffled table cloth in burlap. My main question is, do you put a piece of cloth to sew the ruffles onto, or do the ruffles get sewn to each other??? Cheers, Amanda

26. Thank you so much, Amanda. He is improving day by day. I appreciate the well wishes. I hope you read this comment because I do not have an email address for you and cannot respond directly. To make a multi-ruffled table cloth, you would sew the ruffles to a piece of cloth like muslin. So much easier and you’ll keep prettier ruffles. You COULD sew each ruffle to each other but you’ll use a lot more burlap and it might not look as nice. Hope that helps! xo

27. Awesome tutorial! I have a ruffler foot, but the machine it goes on is giving my trouble so this is a great option for me! SOOO appreciate you taking the time to do this and FYI, you have an adorable voice, not annoying at all ! :) I’m your newest follower.