Decorating with Maps!

Lately, you may have noticed maps making their appearance
to create some beautiful spaces.
{I love it when something rather ordinary is used to create a little pretty.}
I’ve already declared my undying love for Pinterest
(I’d love it you followed me)
and I rounded up some map decorating ideas for you…
 {I looooove this one.}
Have I ever told you that despite my love of lavender, gray, and white,
blue ticking or nautical stripes make my heart sing?
{I get my navy and white fix with my son’s bedroom.}
Love this pretty map chandie…
Don’t pass up those old plates and trays (or chairs) at Goodwill.
These would so easy to create with decoupage.
 Layla at The Lettered Cottage got a new {huge} map for her birthday
and I just couldn’t resist sharing this adorable photo of her!
 True map love.
Layla shared this pretty map mantel too.
Do you have the map itch, yet?
What are your thoughts on decorating with maps?

Have a happy weekend.

1. B says:

LOVED the maps cut into hearts and the chandy was really neat!

I also love taking something ordinary and using it in a creative way – LOVED this, thanks for sharing!

2. {oc cottage} says:

Cool! We found a really big map of the OC @ work during the remodel…hmmmmm ;}

m ^..^

3. Wow, so cool all the things you can do with a map!

4. A Rosy Note says:

That’s some great inspiration there. Last year we ordered a giant map from National Geographic, made a large canvas for it and hung it in my son’s room. He loves it :)

5. Faded Charm says:

Loving all this map inspiration. I have the map itch right now also, but the old ones seem to be pretty spendy.

Enjoy your holiday weekend:-)

Hey lovely!!

I am SO with you – that dresser in the first image is plain fabulous!!

7. Actually, I just went on a house tour in Eastport (across from Annapolis) and saw this incredible powder room with a huge map used as wall paper. Thought it was the best part of the house.

Oh! Em! Gee! That dresser is TO DIE FOR! wonder if hubs will let me do that to ours….

on a related note- I have been tossing around putting a giant map on the wall of the playroom for a while now, but it doesnt go with the pain scheme I want to use. ooooh! decisions! decisions!

9. april@gingerbread says:

wow i really love all of your choices! I have one mini globe but i would LOVE to find a few more!

10. I’ve been using maps, old and new, for years to decorate, but now that they are “in” I guess the price will skyrocket. Please remember not to cut up a really unique or hard to find map! Your images are wonderful, and I’m going back through them for more ideas. Linda

11. Yes maps are cool decorating items right now…and they look great with little globes. I love the look!

12. Oh, I love so many of the inspirational photos! My fiancé and I have looked at a few maps to decorate with in our home but have yet to find the right one with the right price.
    Happy Fourth!
    xo Cheryl

13. I helped a good friend decorate her teenage son’s bedroom in maps, globes, etc. We took vintage maps and cut them to fit in various size/shapes of old windows. Turned our fantastic. Then used old atlas, toy metal globes to accent. Of course, at 16, he was not impressed. But if Mamma is happy, everyone is happy. Thanx for sharing all the map ideas! Tiffany

14. I LOVE maps/globes too! My craft area is filled with both. It’s always great to find one at a garage sale or Goodwill. I’m all for cheap. Thanks for the post. It was wonderful!

15. Jami,

I love decorating with all things vintage, including maps and globes! I adore the dresser pictured above and am tucking it away for inspiration. Thank you for sharing Sunny Day Vintage. I am on my way over there now. :)

Have a happy 4th!

Your Friend,

Hello Jami! I love the picture of the room with the maps covering the entire wall! That would be so cool in a boy’s room, I think! I wonder if my son would go for this look in his room…Oh, I also love the maps cut into hearts~ so cute! :) Thanks for the map inspiration!

I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Fourth of July weekend! :)

17. Love the map of Oz! Thanks for featuring my daughter’s bed cutains the other week. Sorry for the delay but I was in Sydney for our winter vacation. Love your blog and cannot wait to share my next sewing adventure!!!!

18. Hi Jami, These are such great inspiration pictures! I love decorating with old maps especially nautical charts.

19. These are great ideas! LOVE the heart maps!!

20. What great ideas you have! I, too, love maps and globes..esp little globes. I thought there might be a smackdown in the thrift store the other day over a globe..but I acted like a lady and let the other lady have it…ugh.

21. chezjolly says:

We love that dresser with the maps on it! Very beautiful blog. Such lovely photos too!
    Looking forward to your future posts.
    Check us out!
    Talk to you soon..

-Jessica & Holly

22. Rose says:

I love this post!

My boyfriend and I met when working up in Denali National Park, Alaska and we’ve spent the last 2 1/2 years traveling to as many national parks as possible. At this point, we’ve collected a TON of memorabilia from our travels (park maps, tickets, postcards, stickers, etc.) We have a large drawer full that I didn’t know what to do with.
    I finally decided to decoupage our entertainment center with all of it! It’s perfect!

I also had a large clock from my mom with a really ugly background. I took it apart and pasted a Denali Park map as the base for the clock. We then proceeded to frame all of the vintage park posters we’ve collected and our living room is a direct representation of who we are as a couple and is the most comfortable room in our house!