$5.00 Chair and Inspiration

Hi, sweets.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!
I put my sea legs on and headed to the lake.
(Okay. Lake legs. Whatever.)

Not too long ago,
a wrong turn looking for one yard sale
unexpectedly landed me at another heavenly sale.

Those of you that follow me on facebook
know that I passed up a few dreamy, French Provincial pieces
(sofa, table, and chair)
that I am still weepy over.

But, they weren’t in the budget so they had to stay put.

However,
this little number came home with me for $5.00.
(Actually, the gentlemen even delivered it to me later in the day
so technically, it didn’t come home with me.)

The other pieces were definitely French Provincial
but I don’t think this chair is.
I remember reading somewhere that the claw and ball foot
was an American or English trademark.
I’m thinking it might be Queen Anne. Not sure.

This piece was priced at a steal
because the son’s puppy chewed the back leg,
which wasn’t a problem for me because I plan on slipcovering it anyhow.

And, I don’t think it was ever sat in
because the upholstery is in p.e.r.f.e.c.t. condition.
However, it doesn’t match what I have going on over here at the freckled cottage.
 Whatever that may be.
I have plans for it though.

Something along these lines…

{Love the light oatmeal linen.}

My chair is a little too formal for my style
so I will likely opt for a slipcover to bring a touch of casual to it.

The style is a little different but this is definitely a candidate.
I adore the button closure down the back.
Picture this in light oatmeal linen
with hand painted, faded lavender grain sack stripes
down the front and on the cushion or…

…if this navy itch doesn’t go away,
a light oatmeal linen everything else
with a white and blue ticking cushion.

Speaking of slipcovers,
I wanted to point you to one of my very first posts

(I’ve since changed the way I wash my whites though.
I use OxiClean® instead of Clorox® now.)

Anyhow,
Light oatmeal linen is SO difficult to find
so if you have a source, I’d love to know about it.
As soon as I get my hands on some,
I’ll be back with a sweet chair makeover.

Happy Monday.

Comments

1. hey Jami, I remember reading about a great and inexpensive linen source that the design star Emily uses in New York City. I bet they have internet sales. Her blog is on my sidebar, and you could search it for her fabric source. The chair looks awesome, and it will be great in linen!

2. What a bargain on that cute chair. Have you considered using drop cloths to make the slipcover? The legs would look great painted too.

blessings,
    Danielle

3. That chair is wonderful – what a find!

4. Jennifer says:

Shut up! Five bucks? What a lucky find. Can’t wait to see what you do with it!
    Jen

5. I have never found a chair for $5. You lucky duck! I know it will looks so perfect in a slipcover. I’ve entered the giveaway and have it on my sidebar. ox

FIVE DOLLARS?!?!? you are one lucky girl! Cant wait to see what you decide… i think… shoot. im just as indecisive as you are! I dont know what I think!

7. Jami,

$5 and he delivered?! You must have lifted your sundress, showed him some leg and winked. hehehe
    I know this chair will look marvelous after going thru a frecklization.
    I am crushing on the white and blue OR white and red ticking.

Your Friend,
    Deborah

8. SuzyMcQ says:

For linens and other beautiful fabrics check out
    alexacre on Ebay. She has lovely fabrics at great prices and, I am in no way affiliated with her. Just think her fabrics are lovely and top-quality.

9. Linden Townhouse says:

Have you checked online at fabric.com or fabricdepot.com? I have heard others recommend these sites. For a small fee, they will send a fabric sample too. I love both the oatmeal linen and the stripes!

10. Tanya says:

Love your $5. chair and the inspiration chairs as well. Seems to me you can’t go wrong with whatever you choose.

11. Susan says:

What an awesome find~ I actually love the upholstery that it on it!

12. Mary says:

Hi Jami!
    I have wanted to order from this lady SO MANY TIMES! She has some really stunning linens that I am SURE would fit right in at the Freckled Cottage! :)
    xoxo

13. Jaime Lyn says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE that chair! I am super super jealous! What a great treasure!!! I can’t wait to see what you do with it! :o)
    Jaime

14. Nutbird says:

I think you haven’t tackled a big project for a while. I left all my furniture books at home, so I can’t look up the chair, but the feet are Victorian. But, before you try to reupholster this, please go to Hyphen Interiors blog. She has a way to paint upholstery with paint and fabric medium. She tells you that prints can be painted over. Please try it, you are so good at that kind of thing. Also, leave the wood alone, and let it show. You can always paint it later as well as make a slipcover. Stick your hand down behind the seat cushion. You never know what you will find in old chairs. Ann

What a find that chair is! It will look gorgeous in an oatmeal linen. I cannot believe that you got that for only $5! Have fun with this project, Jami . Can’t wait to see the reveal!

16. Wow Jami! you are so talented ( I still have your lovely tags; can’t bear to part with them;-)
    Can’t wait to see how this gorgeous chair turns out.

17. nice!!

18. Oh Jami that is one gorgeous chair at a fabulous price!!

19. designchic says:

what a bargain…can’t wait to see the transformation!!