Württembergische Metallwarenfabrik silver & pink stock

Hi, sweets.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend celebrating {or remembering} the fathers in your lives.
Yesterday was pretty low key for us
but just what Dad ordered nonetheless.
My man relaxed, spent the day watching crime documentaries, played a little PS3,
and topped it all off with grilled sliders on the barbecue.
 He’s a simple guy and was in his glory, let me tell ya.
We spent Saturday at my sister’s summer place on Seneca Lake
but not before I got in some morning yard sales.
If you follow me on facebook,
you got to see the French Provincial sofa, chair, and coffee table that I passed up.
I’m still sick over it.
I rarely see pieces like that in pristine condition but at $200,
I hesitated and when I went back, they were gone.
I’ll share a photo (and some inspiration) of the French chair that I did get later this week though.
I wanted to share my most favorite yard sale find
Aren’t they gorgeous?!
One of my neighbors, who happens to be a German immigrant
that I wish I had met before she was on her way out,
had a tag on everything in her home,
including several sterling and silver plate pieces.
She must polish her silver once a month because everything glistened.
Even her linens were pressed, creased, and bright white.
 These pieces are silver plated over ivory porcelain or ceramic
but it’s not your average silver plate.
It’s almost like the porcelain was dipped in liquid sterling silver.
I can’t explain it other than to say it’s the prettiest silver finish that I’ve ever loved.
The hallmark is Württembergische Metallwarenfabrik (WMF), Germany.
 I adore every little detail and happily paid the fifteen dollars,
which was breaking out the big guns in yard sale bucks.
By the way, I’ve decreased the saturation a touch and added a faint sepia tint to these photos.
In the photo directly above, I used a dry brush filter in Photoshop to make it look a little painterly.
 I purchased an aromatic bouquet of Stock (Gillyflower) at the grocery market today
and couldn’t wait to come home and take photographs.

I’m sorry, but these blooms just look and smell too pretty to be called Stock.

I purchased the vintage, wooden tray for $2 from my neighbor’s sale too.

What’s your favorite yard sale find?

Happy Monday,

Oh, so lovely. What a great purchase, Jami. I wish I had some, too!

2. The silver is gorgeous, and what a shine. Love your photos, as usual Jami. My favourite yard sale find this summer was the French Countryside coffee set by Mikasa that I picked up this weekend for $10 (I posted this week about it.)

3. Wow, Jami…..that silver is just amazing! I’d dish out $15 for that beauty! And that box is delicious! I know what you mean about German tidiness. My neighbor is from Germany, and she keeps a mean-clean house! Puts me right to shame! lol!

xoxo laurie

4. Mary says:

Great photos and finds, Jami! :-) You are so very talented.

5. oh Jami, what a wonderful find! I’d be so happy too!
    Your photos are beautiful!
    I love the summer snapshot series idea… cute!
    Darn, can’t think of a favorite garage sale find but have lots of favorites off craigslist!
    Have a great night!
    hugs, Cheryl

6. Karen says:

I’ve never seen such beautiful silver pieces, love that tray too.

Hi Jami!

Those silver pieces are incredible, and I love the way the flowers look with them, too. And I agree that they are too pretty to be called Stock! :)

I hope you had a good Monday!

8. I’ve never seen anything like these. They are so beautiful. I love the way they look…something quite special.

9. Olde Tyme Marketplace says:

seriously…15 bucks? I would have bought um too…no doubt! LOVE the stock photos too…gorgeous!

10. Such beautiful pieces and the well done Miss PHO-TOG!

A stunning silver set! That was a find! Your photos are beautiful, Jami.

12. Susan says:

Beautiful silver set! I love the vintage tray!

13. Hi Jami…how pretty and such a deal! Your photos are beautiful!

14. Those silver pieces have a softness to them, and boy are they gorgeous! I would love to come over and kick you myself for passing on the french provincial set!! Argh, live and learn.

15. Jami,

Your photos are incredible, works of art in their own rite….you should sell them!

You should also do a photoshop tutorial series…

Just amazing :)

LOVE youre new pieces. simply gorgeous, and SO you!

fathers day sounds divine. my man worked all night sat night then slept all day sunday to work all night sunday night :( but thats ok, the boys gave him his presents when he got home sunday morning :) they were thrilled.

and as gorgeous as the furniture you posted on fb was- for $200, I wouldda passed too.

17. GigiKayT says:

Gorgeous silver! I too have a hard time spending over a certain amount at garage sales. My most recent find is an Underwood Typewriter…I got it for $20 bucks and from best I can tell just needs some TLC and a ribbon, though I purely want it for my desk decor but I was stoked when she said the price! I had just been on CL and found one for $150 and knew I wouldn’t pay anywhere close to that ever…for anything on CL or a garage sale!

Love your blog btw!

18. Jami thank you for sharing Ambers post.

What a clever way to capture the days of summer !

I think it’s such a great idea, and your are so talented with taking photos,

Happy summer !

19. Bow Chicka Wow Wow!

Love the beautiful silver as well as the wooden tray. I think you should list them both on etsy. (smiles)

Your Friend,