baby clay tags

Last week I had the opportunity to work on a darling custom order
for an equally darling blog friend at Dreams on 34th Street
who has been a freckled laundry cheerleader from the very beginning.
I love pink just as much as the next girl
so I was completely thrilled {and flattered} when she requested some pink-ified clay tags.
I’ve been experimenting with some new designs lately
(think cabbage roses & peonies)
as monotony tends to bore me after a bit.

Needless to say,
I was happy to do something different with an existing design.
Here’s what I came up with.
There was no holding back with the frills & bling for either of us!
I ordered “Baby Pink” (a palest pink) crinkled, seam binding ribbon here.
I am all about this ribbon right now.
I embedded genuine Swarovski crystals in “Vintage Rose.”
I used a combination of “Ballet Slipper” crinkle ribbon & tulle for this bunch.
“Baby Pink” double ruffle satin ribbon and more bling.
Linen hearts and crystals.
Tiny pink roses
(and an out-of-focus photo).
Aren’t they the sweetest?!
On another note,
I plan to share some Annie Sloan chalk paint projects with you next week.
My mother-in-law will be here Sunday and I’m {hoping}
that between her and my husband,
I ought to have a few hours to myself to paint
while they entertain my kiddies.

In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.

1. Oh my gosh those are the cutest ever!!!

2. Jami!
    Your number one! (yeah, I’m cheering at 4:30am PDT)

Your PERFECT PINK tags will be featured on my banner at “Dreams” when our precious first grand girl arrives. I will be presenting them to Chrislyn and Jason today!

I am still blown way!!! I LOOOOOVE them and YOU
    sweet friend!

3. Those tags are just darling!! I think I love the linen hearts best of all. Nice job with the crystals!! Um, ask Patty about the result of using regular paint OVER a base coat of chalk paint. Is it possible to do that? I read a blogger had a nightmare after she used a coat of Paris Grey and then did top coats of regular paint…she said it had no adhesion. Once you go chalk, you can’t go that it?

4. jo says:

I love these tags! I will be giving my niece a baby shower soon and want it to be beautiful. I would love to make these tags but what do you use them for? thanks.

5. Sandra says:

My question on the Anne Sloan paint. I bought a round table with a black base and wood top. I plan to stain the top but will the white chalk paint cover the black base, how many coats would I apply. Also picked up 4 bright white french chairs and a beige wood loveseat to paint to go with table if I paint all white would they look same color even with a different color base to start with. Thanks for your help.

6. I love the tags…sweetness! I can’t believe we have not met as I am part of Chartreuse & co. and Wild Rose. I also have a great chalk paint giveaway I hope you entered! Come on by.

7. Karen says:

I love those tags! they are so pretty, love the soft pink ribbon and the crystals added…beautiful.

8. Your tags are lovely. I do hope you get the time to paint so we can see the results! Is that selfish of me??! ;) I need to get off the computer on this rainy morning and paint the pine toy box number 2 son and I picked up at a garage sale this morning.

9. Oh, the tags are adorable! I’m loving them!
    I love the ruffle pink ribbon and tulle and also the swarovski crystals.
    Enjoy your weekend!

10. I’m so loving those tags. Adorable. Love the pink!

11. Hi sweet Jami. I absolutely love these new designs, especially the ones with the linen hearts! I can’t wait for your post about the chalk paint, I’ve been wanting to buy some for some pieces around the house.
    I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

oh. my. gah! those might just be my very favorite creation of yours yet! you really out did yourself. just amazing! and I am swooning over that pink crinkle ribbon. *le sigh*

gorgeous. gorgeous. gorgeous.

13. adorable tags!!! Hugs, Rachel ;)

Jami, you rock. The tags are spectacular! Such a thoughtful design. Wishing you lots of painting time.

15. Paula says:

I got to use some of the tags that I bought from you a couple of weeks ago for a baby shower, they were the hit!!! Thank you so much!!
    As for chalk paint…what makes it different from regular paint? I love the look but what is the dif?

16. white life© says:

So beautiful things I see here. I’m excited!

I hope the Sunday will be beautiful for you!

17. Absolutely sweet, Jami! Your creativity totally amazes me! :)

xoxo laurie

18. Alright Jami, I can see these also for Brides to be, weddings, you name it, even dinner, cocktail parties, they’re wonderful my Dear! Genius!

19. MELANIE says:

Jami I love all of the tags, they are the sweetest thing ever.

Im giving you a 2nd Amen for some time to yourself.

I just received my can last week and have a special project in mind. The inventory I have waiting will fill a shop. lol

Lucky 7 Design

20. Tiff says:

Those tags are so totally gorgeous!!!! Can’t wait to find out more about the chalk paint! x

These tags are darling, Jami! I love the pink ribbons and the sweet hearts and crystals. You did a beautiful job. I look forward to hearing about your chalk paint project. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Why?! Tell me why,…every time you post some gorgeous little creation for the wee ones, I feel compelled to have more babies. I know it is just so I can justify buying lots and lots of your beautiful wares….sigh! You are a true talent Jami.

23. These are precious and gorgeous!!! Love them!
    ~ Julie

24. This comment has been removed by the author.

25. i LOVE the baby tags.they are adorable!!..and now I have a chalk paint question–do you use BOTH colors of wax over each other and do you distress first and then sand to distress or the other way around? Thanks!

26. Those baby tags are incredibly beautiful! And I love, love, love that ribbon!

27. Hi Jami! The tags are absolutely adorable!! I know Lynn must be thrilled with these. This makes me want to have a baby shower for someone.

28. Brandi says:

About chalk paint….I’d really like to know what recommendations there are for finishing a HIGHLY used kitchen table. I’ve been trying to gather information about it. I like the look of the wax finish, specifically when using a dark wax. But I’m afraid wax is not going to be enough for this table. If use poly can I put it on top of the wax? Or if I’m wanted an aged look do I have to stain instead of using a dark wax and then poly?

And on a side note:….when I look at your blog, all the text is shifted to the left about 4 inches…is there something wrong on my end? Yours is the only blog I’ve come across with this issue so far. Just wanted to ask.