Parade of Homes Tour

Hi, sweets.
I’m
in the
I hope you enjoyed the rest of tour this week.
Each and every home has been
fun, inspiring, and in many instances, breathtaking.

If you have a moment, please be sure to visit Andy
at Poppies & Play and thank her for coordinating this annual parade.
It’s quite the {creative} undertaking and so appreciated!
Thank you, Andy!
Welcome to my little home.
Our home is a 1550 sq. ft., 1964 rambler
and was a complete fixer upper when we bought it.

I hope you get a little inspired
to see a diamond in the rough
(or at least a cubic zirconium. Ha!).

Living room BEFORE
(Unfortunately, I didn’t even know what a blog was when we bought this house,
and didn’t save pictures, so this isn’t a true before photo. Oh, it was so much worse.)

I have finally finished, for the most part, three rooms
 and have loved [almost] every bit of transforming this neglected house
into a home that’s a little shabby, a little vintage chic,
but most important….a little me.

Living room AFTER

When you first enter my home,
this is what you see…

I still can’t believe the difference faded gray walls made in this space.
My finished slipcover with lots of comfy pillows
and a jersey knit throw.
 (In my home, a sofa should be as comfortable as a bed.)

A small gallery of frames will soon be replaced by a wooden cubby/locker system
(for the babes’ coats & things) that I hope to build soon.
Storage & organization is so necessary in a small home
with even smaller closets.
Apparently clothing did not exist in the 60s.

Sheer Pottery Barn voile drapes let the light shine in.
I am completely in love with chalk paint at the moment,
thanks to Miss Mustard Seed.
(More on that soon.)
I decoupaged fabric to the inside panels of my hutch
using cotton muslin and a heart cut from an old Goodwill shirt.
I hugged this French Country chair with a coat of white paint
and draped Rachel Ashwell’s Belgium Stripe Linen over the
soon-to-be slipcovered cushion.
 My vintage hat racks have become two of my favorite accessories.
 Pile of laundry.

A single tin heart hangs above the sofa.
Another favorite accessory.

A jersey knit band fitted around Rachel Ashwell’s Cloud White linen
keeps the fabric in place until I sew it.
Shhhh.

Love silver.

A small, white ledge hangs beside the front door for keys.
Gifts from my dear friend, Erin at Peony Wire Works make it pretty.

So, that was my living room.
Next up on the mini tour is my master bedroom.
Another fairly monochromatic palette & light filtering voile curtains
keep this small space feeling open.
 Love an iron bed.

A grouping of a few pair of my son’s old converse sneakers
is a sweet reminder of his ‘all boy’ personality.
The bigger he gets, the more tattered the shoes become & I just can’t throw them out.
I just love the little guy.

Espresso furniture will remain unpainted.
Searching for another antique mirror for the dresser.

The last stop on the tour
is my only bathroom,
recently painted a grayish lavender.
(Please excuse the lack of sunlight in these photos.
It was such a cloudy day.)

(Personally, I’d love to paint the sink, cabinet, and mirrors white
but my husband lives here too.)

An antique hanger is re-purposed into a place to hang my necklaces.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my little tour.
Thanks for reading!
The last tour on the list is
Update:
It’s Saturday and Andy is hosting a linky party
for your to share your homes.
She’s also giving a fun tour of her own home.
Hope to see you there.

I’m also sharing my home at these lovely parties…
Photobucket

Comments

1. It’s beautiful, Jamie! It totally reflects you…just as a home should. The converse sneakers on the wall…om goodness. Brilliant and so very sweet! Thanks for sharing.

2. Erin says:

Jami, I love your house…I feel like I have just had a weight lifted off of me “being in” your home. It is so bright and airy and happy. I love how your slipcover turned out and the little touches that you add are just so sweet. I love that your home is personal and cozy and so welcoming, but looks fresh out of a magazine. Smiles and hugs to you my friend:)

Oh sweetie! I LOVE the gorgeous parade of your home – as always my love, you have the magic touch! Slipcovers…jersey band…tin heart. {sigh} Inspired much!!

mwah

Cath

4. Your house is so light and bright. Love all your vintage finds, but what made me smile the most was seeing the sneakers on the wall! Thanks for sharing your beautiful home.

5. InMyOwnStyle says:

hi Jami-

Your home is so fresh looking. So clean and bright. I love the way you add many personal touches to make each room truly unique to your family – hanging the sneakers is such a fun idea.

My best- Diane

6. It was so nice seeing your home Jami! It is a peaceful place I can tell. I loved seeing the sofa, and the secretary desk you painted with the chalk paint. I am painting mine Paris Grey and Old white…looks like you did too!

7. LOVED the tour… so many wonderful ideas you have shared with us all. I think my favorite is your son’s converses on the wall! My son went through a high top converse stage when he was young (he’s now 21)… I wish I’d kept his for something like this!

~Chris

8. Jami…
    freckled brilliance!
    *Lynne*
    {with love}

Everything looks clean, comfy, and just your style. Well done, my friend.

10. Hi Jami,
    It is absolutely beautiful!! You did an amazing job on your slipcover, I so wish I could sew like that! And your walls are gorgeous! I love that color. Is that one that you mixed yourself or that you bought?
    Love it all!
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

11. Bonnie says:

Jami (best blogger ever)- the place turned out beautiful! I laughed at the bathroom comment… why do men like the look of unpainted wood??? Hubby and I had a hour conversation last week about how I want to paint the wood white in the house… he tried to tell me that wood will be back in style one day…lol, I don’t understand men! xoxo

12. Oh, I love the cabinet in the chalk paint. It is just how I pictured it would be. Your home is gorgeous!!

By the way, I’m seeing “Bandwidth exceeded” sigsn from Photo Bucket instead of your buttons right now.

13. beth says:

I adore your beautiful home ! can you tell me what you did about the cords and boxes for your tv over the mantel? Did you have it professional done or did you do it yourself? If you DIY’d it could you show me how ? I am desperate to get that stuff off my mantel and frame it like your plan.

14. Linden Townhouse says:

Your home is darling! Thanks for sharing! It is simple and still so cozy.

15. Stephanie says:

I love the cabinet. I want to try that chalk paint so bad now. I would love to see the bathroom cabinets painted too! Darn husbands. Your house looks so inviting and serene, great job Jami.

16. I love your home. It’s so bright and pretty. I love the little converse. I hope to have some time this weekend to visit the rest of the tour!

17. Hi Jami~ Your slipcover for your sofa turned out amazing!!;) I love your home my friend~ Hugs,Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

18. Carol Ann says:

I’ve been one of your followers for a while, and it was so much fun to see your house on the tour. Thanks for sharing your style with us!

Beautiful, Jami!!! Its just beautiful. You did a wonderful job! and im so happy for you to have finished (mostly) in time for this tour! :)

20. Sarah Saunders says:

You have no idea what a gift you have!!! It is something you are born with and cannot be learned!!!

21. Wendy says:

I enjoyed the tour so much! Your home is stunning. I love your style. ♥

22. Beardog says:

What a fantastic house. I love it. Very inspired by it and you.

23. Tara says:

The sweet, almost delicate looking desk area is one of my favorites.

24. Thank you girls so much! I appreciate your sweet comments. Simple is hard work to pull off so your words mean a lot. To answer a few questions…I’ll share how I hid the wiring to my TV in a upcoming post. Sadly, my original frame idea didn’t pan out because the TV sticks out too far from the wall. The paint colors in the LR, BR, and Bath are all custom mixes…I’ll share the formulas very soon, too.

xoxo,
    Jami

25. I LOVE the little boy shoes! What a sweet idea. I am totally stealing that!

26. Your home is beautiful, Jami!! I love the slip cover and all the pretty pillows. Everything is gorgeous!
    xo,
    Sherry

27. Jodi says:

I think your home is beautiful, so relaxing! I love having a diamond in the rough, that’s what we have to and I love making it my own.

Thank you for the tour!

Jodi

28. Hi Jamie, Your home–and your blog, are beautiful. But I had to smile at your description of your house being little. You have 945 feet more than I do to work with! Keep up the good work though. Sigh . . .

29. Noelle says:

Beautiful! I would love to come to your house on a hot summer day and drink lemonade!!! Your home is so fresh and airy and dreamy!!

30. Hi Jami! How fun to see more of your beautiful home! I just loved it! I adore that sweet little tin heart hanging over your sofa. :) Of course I love all the white and the pale gray. So chic! Not to mention the vintage hanger, linens, sheer tie-top curtains…..(sigh!). Beeeautiful job! ♥

xoxo laurie

31. Cori says:

Oh how I love your wonderful home!

In my dream, I have a “mostly” white home with soft grey accents and pops of contrast (just like yours!). You have done the “mostly white” home so brilliantly. I love the way your infuse character in each room without clutter (love the converse collection on the wall).

The bathroom twin sinks are just to die for!

Your house may be small, but you have made it a showcase of style and personality.

One of my favorites on the tour, for sure.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Cori
    Starivew Sonnet

32. Becky says:

Yikes if 1550 sq ft is small, what is 1100 sq ft, mini? Wonderfully white and open, it is all done with such thought and care. Thank you for letting us into your home. (Is that a lazy boy sofa? It looks so comfy!)
    Hugs, Becky

Your home is lovely, Jami! It is so peaceful, comfortable and romantic. You have done a wonderful job making a beautiful home for your family. Your stack of linens is gorgeous and the sneakers hanging on the wall is a fun touch. Your desk/hutch is pretty in the gray and white. Are those wire angel wings on your little shelf? So, when can I come visit and sleep on that beautiful white couch that you slipcovered? I’m kidding of course, but you did an amazing job on that! I’ve enjoyed the tour. Thank you for opening your home to us.

34. The Moerks says:

Your home is beautiful. The slipcovers are a credit to you. All I want to do is flop down on that sofa and chill out! Right, I am going to start on mine. Thank you for the tour. Oh, and I adore the converse sneakers, great idea and I am sure they evoke many precious memories.

35. Andy Porter says:

You just ooze awesomeness!! I ADORE your home and I’m totally coming over to lay on your sofa for an afternoon nap!! Holy goodness my friend! You have such a fab style! The shoes on the wall are absolutely priceless!!!

Thanks so much for your kind words and for being in the parade! It’s truly been a pleasure meeting you!

Andy

36. mybelleepoque says:

So beautiful… and calming. I LOVE the gray band around the ottoman. What a great idea and it gives it such a comfortable character. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home!

37. Deb says:

Beautiful Jami…I just love your home! Great job on the sofa slipcover…it’s gorgeous! I am patiently waiting for my chalk paint to arrive (I ordered the grey too) so I’m excited to hear your thoughts about it! Have the best weekend! ~Deb~

38. Dear Lillie says:

Jami – your home and blog are absolutely beautiful. So elegant and simple! And I agree, the shoes on the wall are priceless, indeed!

39. Kacey says:

Your home is absolutely beautiful! So bright and happy – I love it!

Kacey

40. Beautiful home! I love all the white you’ve used- it makes your home feel so tranquil and peaceful. Thanks so much for the tour!

41. Nice, I love it!!
    from Chile
    c@

42. Burlap Luxe says:

Hi Jami!!
    Its not a matter of how small it is, its how beautiful it is! and girl it speaks to us!
    In an ever so swedish farmhouse feel :)

I agree a sofa should feel as if you have crawled into bed :) (Comfy)

The bedroom is about my size room for now until the house sells and I move it will do, I think the next house will be small as well, I am enamored with open cozy spaces :)
    The next house more wood, less stone !!

Thank you for inspiring your powder room/ Bathroom and you are so right the soaps would look divine and at home in there… the smalls will say I am natural and heathly :)

Thank you for entering my GiveAway!
    xx
    Dore

43. It’s wonderful, what I can see on your new photos of the last posts … so beautiful insights … !!!

I wish you a wonderful start of the week!

Hugs
    Tine

44. Oh my gosh… I knew your home was beautiful but I had no idea by just how much! Every room is simply dreamy. And your photography is gorgeous!

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration. :)

Donna

45. Your home is just lovely, Jami! So glad I finally got to get a peek at it… I’ve been waiting patiently. ;-)
    Have a great week, my friend!
    xo,
    Jo

46. SHERRY HART says:

I love you little cottage…I have one also. And all the white is like heaven…only on earth :)

47. Holly says:

Jami your home is perfectly gorgeous but after watching your projects for awhile now, I expected nothing less! Your home looks inviting and vintagely stylish. Of course you know how weird I am and my favorite part of the whole post -the part that stole my heart – the shoes hanging on the wall…shoes are such a reminder of how fast they grow. Thanks for letting us in.

48. Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale says:

very pretty…i just love the old converse sneakers on the wall!!

49. Ruth says:

I have enjoyed peeking into your home. It is beautiful!! You have done an amazing job with your transformations! Our home is even smaller at just 1150 sq feet.

I hope you can stop over at my blog. I came over from the White Party at 504 Main.

Ruth

50. AntiqueChase says:

Hi!! I am a new follower and I wanted to ask a question. Your chair that you painted white… I have something very much like that, was going to put it in my upcoming garage sale and decided, wow, I should paint it like yours! Can you share your paint color (which looks awesome!) and brand ?? I would so appreciate it!!

51. Simply Jo says:

Thanks for the coffee and tour Jami, I love your place! Can you help me up off the sofa, I’m so comfortable here!

Jo

52. Hi Jami! I am just now viewing these pics of your parade of homes tour, and want to let you know that you are inspiring. Our house is also less than 1600 sq. ft, built in the 50′s, with a small master bedroom and huge fireplace! It’s nice to know, that with these stats, a home can look as fabulous as yours! ;) Thanks again for being “you.” ;)

Jessie
    acozycottageinthecity.bloodspot.com

53. Oops darn that “autocorrect” – I meant “blogspot!” lol

54. andrea says:

Your home looks so peaceful and refreshing! Love your color palette and everything you have done. The simplicity of it all is becoming. Less is def more! Would love you to add a post of your kitchen! Regards, Andrea @ townandprairie