chalkboard lampshade

Hi, sweets.I’m still plugging away at some new (and old) wares for my shop
(pictures to come soon)
but wanted to share my painted chalkboard lampshade
with a pretty, worn finish

chalkboard lampshade painted freckled laundry

that I made a couple of weeks ago.

As a Resident Blogger for the DIY Club,
I received a can of Krylon chalkboard Paint to try
and I love the texture it helped to create on this shade.
I’ve since erased the words
as I think that fabulous texture speaks for itself.
For the full tutorial on how I made it,

I’ll be linking this project at Amy’s

and Donna’s.

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!

I’ll be back tomorrow with my latest vintage finds.

Jami

Comments

1. Wow! What a unique treatment!
    Just imagine how it can be customized for various occasions! The possibilities are endless.
    Rose

2. I love this Jami, what a clever idea!!
    Hope your having a wonderful weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

3. Erin says:

That is a truly unique idea-I LOVE it! I never would have thought to make a chalk board on a lamp shade! Good going!
    Erin
    alittlesomething2.blogspot.com

4. white life© says:

This idea is so great!!!!! I love your lamp ♥♥♥ !

Big hugs
    Tine

5. Cherie says:

wow Jami, that is great. I got some spray paint to do a lamp shade today. I will let you know how it goes!

6. Jodi says:

Wow, I love it; would have never thought of that!

Jodi

7. d. reyné says:

Hi Jami!
    I LOVE this lampshade!
    How does it effect the light? Is is really dark or can you see through it?
    I would love to try it on some chandy shades!
    Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
    Hugs,
    Donna

8. Very cool! I would never have thought of using it on a lamp shade.

~Chris

9. Are you kidding me?!? I LOVE THIS! This is so me it isn’t funny. I mean, it sort of even looks metal! I want to do this!

Shared this on FJI Facebook for SNS 77. :)

Donna

Hello Jami!

What a great idea for a lamp shade! And I love how the it turned out, and how you can see the texture of the lamp shade. Does that make sense? I love what you wrote on it, too! :)

Krylon chalkboard spray paint is awesome stuff! I like how all the Krylon paints can be used as low a temperature as 50 degrees. If I use Valspar, which I honestly do like, it has to be at least 65 out. There would be nine months out of the year with no spray painting! That would be terrible! :)

Well, I hope you are having a good weekend, and that you have a good night!

Blessings,
    Jenni

11. Burlap Luxe says:

Ooooh! Jami
    What a cool shade, I really think it is a clever idea !!!

Really great for a lamp off to the side announcing the brunch menu!!For a ladies lunch or tea!
    It fits right in with out design styles!!

xoxo
    Dore
    PS….Come see my altered cage I created!

12. You never cease to AMAZE me Jami!!;) I love it~ Hugs,Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

13. I also wanted to say that HGTV needs to give you your own show!!!! ;)

14. Aroura says:

Never would have thought of it, but I love it!!!

15. Lisa says:

I love the texture, and the colour too.

x

16. This is a wonderfully creative idea, Jami! I have to try it!!

Happy Sunday!

XO,
    Janie

17. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says:

This is fantastic!! I love it and am going to have to try that paint out sometime! Such a neat idea! :)

18. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this! What a wonderful idea ( you are so creative!)
    I may have try doing this in our playroom, how fun would it be to be able to write on the lampshade :)

19. NICE!
    I love it
    from Chile
    c@

20. Becky says:

You are so brave- I love that you just go for it and it totally ROCKS!!

21. Alexis says:

What an awesome idea! I love how different it is without screaming weird things at you (if only lampshades could speak…..) :).

22. Erin says:

I love this idea Jami, and I think you have THE nicest handwriting ever!

23. Mary Lemon says:

What a great idea. I have lots of old lampshades I haven’t gotten around to redoing and the chalkboard paint would be fun. I even have some spray chalkboard paint left from another project. I absolutely love chalkboard projects!

24. Love this idea, Jami! Very creative!
    Hope you’re having a great weekend, my friend!
    Hugs,
    Jo

25. Hi Jami, You are just so creative. I love this idea!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

26. Nutbird says:

What a great idea for a lampshade! This color is a lot softer than the usual black paper shades. I’ll bet you can spray it on fabric also. Ann

27. vanessa says:

Love this idea, so creative!

28. So cute Jami! I have a can of the brush on paint and it’s been sitting here. I should have gotten the spray, it probably would have been easier. There is a lot of waiting time with the brush on. Is it the same with the spray? As far as second coats and then prepping it with chalk all over?

29. monica livas says:

Great idea! LOVE it!
    monica livas recently posted..Inspiring Ways of Displaying Your CollectionsMy Profile