Planked Paneling & Crown is Up!

Hi, sweets!
Just wanted to check with in ya.
My husband and I have spent the last two days
finally installing the planked paneling
and crown molding in the living room.
I was so torn between
bead board panels or planked panels,
but I’m happy with my decision to
go with the planked look.
It still gives this space the cottage look that I was after.
(We already starting hanging before I remembered to snap a photo.)
  The last of Restoration Hardware’s “Latte” is gone in this room.

{almost} AFTER
I’ll be caulking and painting today
and those seams will disappear.
I love the way it looks
and I’ll get some good photos
when it’s completely finished.
(There’s quite a bit more wall and an archway to the right.)
Happy Wednesday!
Thanks for reading.
Welcome, new sweets.

1. Hi Jami,

It’s looking lovely already. What a difference it makes to your space. I love it!

I hope all is well with you and your husband. Sometimes doing DIY like this does not brng out my best. Haha!!!

2. Thats looking great already, so can’t wait to see the finished project.

It is coming together so wonderfully!

4. Meg says:

Awesome!! I love this look. And I think you are definitely right about the planks! The bead board would have been too much for a full wall; I think it’s very lovely though as wainscoting. :)

Happened upon your blog from… another one of those crafty blogs! :) Love it! :)

5. Jami…it looks amazing! our “next” step is planking…all of the “pre-planking” painting is done! We are both loving the transition to cottage…Mr D and I have had our color issues as well…ha! *L* {with love}

6. Looking great in the living room Jami! I love how the plank wall came out. Now comes the fun part, putting the room back together!

7. Looks great. What a lot of work. Can’t wait to see more.
    - Joy

8. Erin says:

Looks terrific!! Can’t wait to see how it all finishes!

9. Lovely already. Can’t wait to see the rest. Handsome man and I want to do planked ceilings in my bonus room and our bedroom.

10. That looks great!

11. I love paneling! Gives a room a “special” touch!
    Reasons To Skip The Housework
    Tuesday Time Out Link Up Party

12. Olde Tyme Marketplace says:

Looking terrific! I’m guessing you are going to go with a mauve paint and powder blue accents?
    tee hee hee!

13. Tami / Maddie Lumpkin says:

Looking great! Can’t wait to see it all put together!

14. I *love* this! I was hoping to add the same treatment to a few rooms in my home, too. I have been searching for the paneling with no luck. Would you mind sharing your source?

Thanks for showing it…I can’t wait to see it all done! ;o)

15. Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack says:

It looks wonderful! I love all the character you’ve added! Happy painting!

16. This is going to be wonderful girl..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

17. It’s looking good, love the new look!
    Maureen x

lookin’ good babes!

19. Love the look! Can you come to my house and help me refinish all the walls on 3 levels? And I bet you think I’m joking! Hah!

20. I just love the way it brightened it up and gave it instant character. I can’t even imagine how stunning it will be when it’s all finished!

21. Anji Johnston says:

Looking gorgeous!

22. mybelleepoque says:

Cannot wait to see the final result! We are thinking about doing some beadboard in our kitchen. Maybe your pics will help me convince my hubby. : )

23. Love your choice too!

24. Abby says:

Very pretty! It makes it look so much more homey!

25. Looking great! Can’t wait to see it when it’s finished.

26. Deb says:

Love the planked paneling Jami…looks awesome! I would also love to know where you found yours…I have had no luck finding it either. Thanks! ~Deb~

Hey sweets! Sorry I have been away MIA…but I LOVE this…I can’t wait to see the finished result!

28. Great look! Did you make the planks yourself or is it ready-made paneling? Looks wonderful…would love to use this or beadboard in our summer home. Can’t wait to see your room all done!

29. Shaunna says:

I love it!! Just spent 20 minutes catching up on your beautiful blog. Thanks for telling me you did this…love it. (and love the lavender paint color you chose!)