The Highest Tree

Hi, sweets.

I planned to share my vintage yummies
that I picked up during my Annapolis visit
but I’m going to save it for tomorrow.
As I’m sitting here burning the midnight oil,
making some bird seed cakes
and catching up with my blog pals in between,
I just discovered that tonight,
did the sweetest feature of some of my wares in her booth at the shop.

She made a visit to Wild Rose & Co. Marketplace
to drop off some of her new vintage finds & furniture
and took a moment
to put this lil’ blogger over the moon
with her sweet words & photography.
Her photos of my handmade wares are stunning
and I’m sort of speechless, struggling to put this post into words
without completely wigging out with happiness.
Here are my bird seed cakes, Marian style
There are so many lovely photographs to look at
of her things and mine.

Take a peek, won’t you?

Although I believe in myself,
I’m still having a hard time believing
that they are my things sitting on her beautiful things.
That my dream is becoming reality.

That angels do exist.

That anything is possible.
I’m borderline dorking out here, so I’ll keep it short.
If you’re reading,
thank you so much, Marian!
and thoughtful, little comments.
You’re all little leaves on my tree…
…and I have officially dorked it.
(But I mean every word…and so did Priscilla who says it much better than me.)

I’m not trying to toot my own horn here.
I’m just over the moon & thankful.
This is sort of like a magazine feature to me.
(Another one of my little dreams.)

Also, I post these things to inspire any of you
that might be afraid to chase your dreams
of starting an Etsy shoppe, etc.

If I can do it; you can do it.

Happy Wednesday.

1. Miranda says:

I saw Marian’s post and had to drool again over your beautiful shoes. I can imagine how excited you are to be “shown off” by Miss Mustard Seed; it is so very exciting. But you deserve it lady! Your handmade stuff is just lovely. I adore your clay tags and pretty cakes.

2. Go Jami, toot away, you deserve it! ;) I saw Marian’s post a wee bit earlier tonight and thought your things looked just perfect in her shop. Those shoes are just adorable…and I must say I did wonder how those cakes would last but I didn’t realise till I read your post, that they were birdseed cakes, lol. Duh me!

xx Karen

Oh. My. Godfathers!

My heart is near bursting out of my chest at the beautiful stunning photos of your beautiful stunning wares…I LOVE the tags all hanging up like that. Who could resist!!

You dork right out honey, because you deserve it!

OH! And what a gorgeous song!! Totally my thing!!

PS – can I be a bright orange autumn leaf? :-D

5. Vintage Gal says:

congratulations ~ you deserve it. I’m hopping over now to take a peek ~ Have a great day~;-)

6. How fun Jami! Your collections look great at Marians store. Love how the Freckled Laundry tags came out~perfect!

7. Theresa says:

How wonderful for you! Now that IS a magickal thing, to have others showcase your Awesomesauceness(TM) for the whole world to see. Fantastic.

8. Becky C says:

Hey Jami, I read her post last night, and it all looks fabulous. Love the clay tags, too :)
    Congrats to you, keep the good stuff coming!
    Can’t wait to see what you think of next…
    Becky C

9. Congrats Jami. :) I’m happy for you (and your first sale!) People believed in me and lifted me up along the way and I’m glad to pass that along.

10. I am SO happy for you, Jami! You deserve the recognition for your creativeness. The bird seed cakes are a fantastic idea, I can see why they are such a hit. Believe in yourself!

11. KATHY says:

How fabulous for you!!

12. Bonnie says:

I’m smiling for you! :)

13. Love your bird seed cakes, Jami! Congrats on the feature!

14. Anji Johnston says:

You are not dreaming and angels are everywhere. Talent is a wonderful thing to possess and you have it! So enjoy all the fruits of your labor, you deserve it and remember – the best is yet to come!

15. allison @ says:

Congratulations! Sending you a big ole virtual hug! You inspire me all the time! Thanks for sharing your wonderfulness (had you use that word since Theresa took “awesomesauceness” heehee)

16. Melissa says:

That’s fantastic!!! Way to go!

17. Brenda Kula says:

My word, girl, wherever do you find the time to get all this done! I was stunned when I saw all that. And you have three kids to boot!

as I *just* told Marian on her post- I ADORE you and the fact that you two have a thing going :) I think its a match made in heaven!

Congrats on all your successes! Cant wait to see what comes next!

19. I didn’t think you were tooting your own horn. You just sounded excited to me–and rightly so. I saw Marian’s post too. Your little shoes are darling!

Congratulations and blessings!

20. I was so excited to see your lovely items on Marian’s post! Yes, MMS sure knows how to display them, too. Of course you should be proud, Jami! And excited too, I know I would be! That is one of the beauties of this world of blogging, people encouraging others. In this case, Marian encouraging your business, and both of you in turn inspiring those of us with fledgling dreams as well.

21. I saw Marian’s post and I was so excited for you. Your things looked so great in her shop. Way to go. So glad your dreams are coming true :)

22. Oh how wonderful Jami!! I went over and read the post and then almost forgot to come back and tell you about it…memory loss is what happens when you have 6 kids :-)
    Your items looked beautiful over there. I’m sure you’ll be featured in a magazine soon too…your blog is wonderful!