Chore & Responsibility Bucket System

Hi, sweetie pies.
I appreciate your thoughtful comments on
You make my heart sing.
I spent much of Sunday
in a bit of a chalkboardin’ frenzy.
As a resident blogger for The DIY Club,
I chose to try a few different chalkboard products this month.
Chalkboard craft paint, chalkboard spray paint, and chalkboard vinyl.
You won’t hear me complain.
I’m a chalkboardin’ fool.
I might as well declare this
Chalkboard Week over here
because I have a few projects to share
before the end of February.
I {LOVE} Thursday’s project especially.
First up is a
chore & responsibility bucket system
that I made for my 8 yr. old…
You can find my tutorial
and how this simple chore system works,

at the DIY Club byclicking here.

While were on the subject of chalkboard buckets,
the lovely, flower-shop workin’, Rachel at
French Farmhouse 425
turned a vintage, French wine bucket into a flower bucket
with a little chalkboard paint, too.

Bella, indeed!

I also wanted to take a moment to thank the thoughtful Laura at Finding Home
for (introducing me to chalkboard cloth) and sending me this gorgeous, vintage hankie.
 I adore the hemstitched detail!
Her packaging was too darling, too.
I didn’t even want to disturb it.
Thank you again for your surprise of kindness, Laura.

1. Erin says:

This looks wonderful Jami!!! I love those pails and those little sticks are just tooo cute! Lovin it!!!

2. Those chore pails are very cute! You always have such good ideas.

3. Becky C says:

I love the little buckets! Chalkboard paint does amazing things :) Cute idea for chores.
    I am really excited for your feature spot in the Flea Market Style Magazine! Congrats to you Jami!
    Still trying to get my hands on one.
    Can’t wait to see all your projects this week
    Becky C

4. Finding Home says:

Thanks so much Jami, you are too sweet, I hope you enjoy the hankie! Have a great day and thanks also for mentioning my giveaway! Laura

5. Christy says:

That just might be the trick that works for our 8 ½ year old too! Genius! We also have a 7 year old that might get a real kick out of it. Going to give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration!

6. Becky says:

Simple,sweet and they help kids get stuff done without nagging! This is a great project! You should have a special chalkboard link party so we can see what others have done with the stuff.

7. Absolutely adorable and thanks for linking to the tutorial…now if you could just get my kids to do the work!!! xoxo Beth

8. That chalkboard job pail idea is fabulous!! I love it, going to share this with others that have kids and figure out a way to incorporate it into my classroom (with the money system, of course! :-)

9. joanna says:

What a great idea! I love it and with my four children this might also get a bit of the competetive spirit going…see who can get the most sticks in their bucket…I am seeing chores getting done next week!

10. Your chalk board projects are just too cute! I love the chore sticks. What a great incentive for your kids!

Thanks for the link…you really received some pretty little hankies there! I’ll pop over.

11. Love all the chalkboard ideas, Jami! What a sweet gift your friend gave you… so thoughtful.
    Congratulations to you too, btw, on your mention in Flea Market Style… how cool is that?!?! :)
    Have a great day, my friend!

12. Adorable buckets Jami!!I did something similar in my recent post I turned a vintage french wine bucket into a flower bucket and used chalkboard paint!;)Hugs,Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

13. Tiff says:

Love your chore system!!! So cute!

14. So cute! What a great idea! And congrats on your mention in Flea Market Style…I could seriously not believe it when someone emailed me to tell me I was mentioned, too! It may have been a tiny mention, but still meant to so much!

Happy Tuesday!

loving the buckets… imght have to steal that idea!

16. Jamie, Such a cute idea for a chore bucket. I love to drop by and see all your unique ideas.