What I’m Loving Wednesday

Although I don’t think this will be a reoccurring theme every week,
it was a fitting title for today’s post.

I’m loving the new online painting sessions
that my dear blogging friend, Catherine is hosting.

She just started her first watercolour session
and each week, we will work on a different phase of the painting.

We just finished drawing our Iris and color blocking
so if you’d love to learn to paint with watercolours,
right now is the perfect time and I’d love for you to join us.
(The adorable Sarah at Modern Country Style is also painting.)
All you need is a set of watercolour paints, crayons, or pencils
and a sheet of watercolour paper.

For those of you thinking, “but you studied Fine Arts, Jami”, I assure you; no worries.
I haven’t worked with watercolours in at least 10 years and you use it, or lose it (at least in my case).
Catherine’s sessions are designed for beginners
and I’ve happily plopped myself right back in that beginner category.

I am also loving this ruffled linen handbag.
(Nothing like a smooth transition.)

Donna just added it to her Etsy shop,
which can be found in my Vintage Market
or you can just click this button.

I especially love the large rose
that can be removed and worn separately.

This handbag will soon be on it’s way to yours truly.
I love my handbags like most of you love shoes.
My typical outfit is a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, a jersey scarf, pair of converse, and a cute bag.
Actually, my typical outfit is black cotton pj bottoms of which I have 20 pair & a t-shirt
but when I leave my front door, I get a little fancier with the jeans, etc. Ha!

What’s your kind of fancy?

On another note,
I am also loving the kind heart of
my blogging friend, Rachel at French Farmhouse 425
who sent along this little zinc fleur-de-lis
and the sweetest card with a French crown.

It’s true that the best things come in small packages.
Thank you, Rachel!

It seems I’m loving a lot today.

Still with me?

I don’t have a British bone in my body
but I am in love with this Union Jack dresser
that Miss Mustard Seed painted.

That is one pretty flag.

If you haven’t already read about it,
Marian and Donna at Funky Junk Interiors
are hosting the

Copy Me Challenge
If you’ve ever been tempted to duplicate their styles,
this is your chance to try it…
and possibly win a great prize package.
 If this frigid weather warms up a tad,
I’m hoping to sheet music (and faux copper) a desk for my sis.
Did you know I have two younger sisters?

Sure do.

And we all live within a 5 minute drive of each other.
(Although we talk everyday, we don’t see each other as much as you might think.)

Remember Becky (with the beautifully wrapped package
from last week?

Well, guess what I found in my email yesterday.

It seems she can make anything look fabulous.

That wall behind that beautiful chair,
is covered in authentic, antique, French documents
that she is adhering to the wall with wallpaper paste.

Love it.

Becky isn’t finished yet either.
She’s awaiting a shipment of more French documents from a friend in Canada.

if you’re reading this, get yourself a blog, girl!

And finally,
I’m loving the Top 10 January finalists at The DIY Club.
(Click the button below to check them out.)

The February party starts February 1 and the rules have changed!
You can now enter ANY project that you make
as long at is pictures the products you used and is a tutorial.

Check out the details here.

So that’s what I’m loving today
(including each of you).

What are you loving today?

Thanks for reading
this long post with lots of tangents and major overuse of the words “love” & “loving”!

1. I LOVE that you use the word “love” as much as I do!!! Happy Wednesday, Jami!

2. Wow Jami,
    Everything is fabulous!!!
    I especially love that wall. I have a wall with vintage sheet music, but I love the french documents!
    Have a great day.

3. Just found your wonderful blog all the way from Spain. So inspirational. And as a Brit, I just LOVE the Union Jack chest. How artistic.
    Gorgeous blog and super talented blogger ;-)

4. Good luck with your painting, Jami! I used to way back when and wonder if I will ever pick it up again. Look how far we have come with blogging…painting lessons!

Thanks for sharing all the goodies…I love that bag and the dresser is fabulous!

Hope you are having a great week, my friend!

5. michelle says:

Love the painting and I am headed over there now! I love watercolor and have not done it in so long! Yours turned out beautiful! Great bag too, love the ruffles!!!

6. In no particular order…coffee, sleep, chocolate, bloggy friends(you :)), and chicken wire…of course:)

7. I’m loving Cath’s fab teaching. My husband and I sit down on a Sunday evening and do some painting, after reading her instructions!

We’re LOVING it!!

I’m so glad you are too. Cath is awesome!

8. **sigh** everything is just soooooo lovely If I could bring myself to getting all my supplies all in one place. Maybe in the Spring I’ll be able to.

today I am LOVING this blog post :) everything is so beautiful. as a side note- I suck at art. :) and im ok with it.

Fancy in my closet is a cute top wo wear with my jeans, on the off chance I get to go to dinner with someone who actually sits in their chair through all of dinner instead of dancing around and not eating their food.

my last statement of the day is more of a question- did you ever get the ornaments back?

10. You are very welcome Jami! ;) LOVE the bag with the rose..so funny..I actually put it in my favorites list on etsy last week!! We have great taste!;) Hugs,Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

11. The ruffled handbag is adorable! Just what I LOVE! She is very talented! ♥

12. I love your cute new purse with the removable rose, but what I REALLY love is that you live 5 minutes away from your sisters. What a blessing! Enjoy them.

13. Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack says:

A page full of nummies! Your watercolor painting progress is amazing! Watercolor paintings are my favorite! I’ll have to stop by her blog.

I have a bag just like that one except it’s grey! Love it!

Happy Wednesday to you!

14. julie says:

What a neat idea! I’ll definitely check out the painting tutorials. I’ve always wondered the secrets behind watercolors. You are loving some wonderful finds my friend. I really love that bag.

How are you doing? I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve stopped by; I miss it!

15. Nutbird says:

Don’t have much time to read the whole post today, right now, but I am loooving it. Would you ever think of having a one or two day workshop at your place to show us artistically challenged people how to faux zinc a piece of furniture?
    I love this wallpaper idea with pages. Can you try it and work the kinks out for the rest of us? I guess it is what bars used to do. My father-in-law traded a hundred years of ship chandlery receipts in the Port of New York for a few hamburgers and beers. I wonder if you could use comic book pages without them bleeding. I like this look at other blogs. thanks, Ann

16. Loving YOU, sweet Jami!!! ♥ This whole post just oozes how much you are enjoying where you are in life and that you are happy where God has placed you! Yay! Beautiful job on that watercolor, little Miss Artist! And thanks for the scoop on that darrrrling purse! Love it!

xoxo laurie

Good for you for painting! Your painting is beautiful! I’ve been playing around with acryclics right now and having a ball. The ruffled handbag is beautiful! That would be a fun bag to use this spring or summer. I may have to put this on my wish list. How nice to live so close to your sisters. Family is so important. I’m blessed to be very close to mine.

18. Hi Ann (Nutbird),

By “your place” do you mean my home or my blog? Either would be doable…and fun. I could host a one day workshop at a local venue if enough people were interested & relatively close. Workshop shouldn’t take more than 4 hours tops. It’s a quick process, really. If you meant at my blog, what do you mean by “workshop”? I have the video tutorial in the sidebar and I can’t think of what would work better than that other than live video conferencing)with a group of you. That actually sounds really fun & I think I’ll throw it out there. Is that what you mean? I’d love to help you out with that technique any way that I can so just let me know! As for a tutorial for adhering documents to the wall – sure – let me look into it. It’s a challenge (in the sense that I’ve never done it before) that I’m up for. The first thing that comes to mind is matte finish Modge Podge but I’m sure how wall-appropriate it would be. I’ll get back to you. Comment and let me know if you got this, would you please? (I never know if you do.)

Thanks for your feedback.

19. Brenda Kula says:

Such pretty things you’re loving today! I kind of love them right along with you.