Sweet Tweets

Hi, sweets.
First, I want to thank you
for your sweet comments
on my clay tag post.

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me
when someone loves something that I’ve made.

I’ll be emailing each of you today.

I had a couple of unexpected wholesale orders come through
for my tags so I was once again, a busy lil’ bee with that yesterday…
and counting my blessings along the way!

What are you thankful for today?

In addition to making more clay tags,
I put some finishing touches (honeydew & apple)
on my fancy bird seed cakes that will soon be in my shop.

A petite 4 1/2 in. tall, three layer cake
fit for our fanciest feathered friends.
 Topped with dehydrated apple and honeydew slices, of course.
I think they turned out adorable.
I was hoping they would.
Sometimes the execution of your vision doesn’t always work out the way you planned.
Happily, these did.

I was inspired to create my cakes
when I saw some little suet cakes made with vintage tart molds,
randomly sprinkled in an outdoor vignette
in the Autumn Issue of Jeanne d’arc Living Magazine
(that the lovely Ruth at The Beautiful Life gifted to me).

I’m the dreamer type and believe everything happens for a reason
so Thank you, Ruth.

I think they’d make the cutest wedding favors,
wrapped in cellophane, tied with hemp, and a monogrammed tag.
Set on a pedestal, they’d make a darling table centerpiece
when entertaining guests indoors or outside.
A perfect gift for the bird lover…and birds.

I’ll be making a few different flavors, too.

These need to finish drying but I couldn’t wait to show you!

Are you reading, Brenda?

The lovely Shaunna at Perfectly Imperfect
offered to take some pretty little photos of them for me
with her fancy, new lenses.

Thank you so much, Shaunna!
They’ll be in my Etsy shop afterward.
If you’re interesting in pre-ordering, just email me.

I’ll share the seed cake recipe with you soon.

Off to hug some babies
and make some more tags.

Thank you for reading.
Welcome, new friends.

Alabaster Rose Designs
D. Reyne’s Everyday Elegance
Starfish Jewelry Design
Common Ground Petite Boutique
Flea with Me

1. julie says:

Jami, I love those! We’re big big bird feeders over at this house so this is perfect. I love how adorable you made them. Our birds will love them!

Have a wonderful Monday my friend!

2. I LOVE these!! I definitely need some for our home. My kids would love keeping their eyes on them, too. :)

3. Pamela says:

The birds will be eating in style! I’ve never seen one this adorable and to think God’s sweet sparrows will be sheltered with this food. And God has better in store for me!

4. Love the bird feeders! I might need a wholesale order of those for my flower shop!Let me check with the owner..I know she will love them!Well see!;) Hugs, Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

hi friend! hope you had a fab weekend :)

LOVING the birdie cakes!!!

6. Erin says:

Jami, these are perfect and I love how beautiful they are!!! You are going to do so well with these girl! I am happy to have a great friend like you:)

7. I am so happy that you are getting big orders for your tags…they really are precious. And I love all of your ideas for the seed cakes! I wish I could have bird feeders but I split my time between here and our lakehouse so I don’t have them. Would love to though!

8. They turned out great, Jami!! :)

The projects you get done, while doing allll the other stuff in your life amazes me!! :)

Great job!

9. Kristy says:

Those are adorable!!! You create the prettiest things!

10. Stephanie says:

Oh those are going to be hot sellers. I have seen them done as hearts but not a cake, genius I say!

11. Becky says:

Oh my- those are waaaaay cuter than my peanut butter on a pinecone bird feeders. :) love it another great idea.

Your bird seed cakes are amazing, Jami! The apple and honeydew slice is the perfect topper. A decadent treat for the birds! You are so clever.

13. Hi Jami, These little bird seed cakes are so adorable. You should get these in shops because they will be hot sellers. Congrats on the wholesale order for your tags. Girl, you always amaze me with you creativity and talent!

14. Jami,

I am interested in preordering one as well as some tags.

They are all lovely.

15. KATHY says:

I love the bird feeders!! You are so talented.Thanks for all the inspiration.

16. Lisa says:

Those bird-seed cakes are great — and much needed, I would think, this winter.