Lavender Monogram

Hi, sweets!
I’m all about lavender at the moment
and wanted to share what I worked on this week
(when I wasn’t in intermittent comas from the
sniffly, sneezy, coughy, stuffy, achy head,
fever so you can rest medicine.)
What is the deal with that stuff?
Think I’d be better off drinking moonshine.
I feel 100% better today
and back in the groove.
I love the way these
lavender dipped letters
turned out…

(Sorry. I haven’t had time to put it in a vignette for you!)

These paper mache letters are 8-inches tall
and covered in organic, dried lavender buds.
I attached a few sprigs of lavender
with some antique lace & cotton string.
I adore the simple, natural look of them
and they smell heavenly.
If you want,
I’ll share the tutorial this week.
I’ll also be adding them to my Etsy shop soon
and a few of them will be sold at Wild Rose & Co. Marketplace
in Miss Mustard Seed’s booth.

I’m also going to try something a little more shabby with paper clay.

I’ll be working on them tonight
and will share them this week.
And while we’re on the subject of lavender,
the sweet Maria
just opened her much anticipated
and unbelievably beautiful, online shop.

It is filled with the loveliest
French farmhouse antiques and finds.
I am smitten with this antique,
lavender bottle collection.
Heck. I’m smitten with the picture of these bottles.
I only have one so
I might blow this bad boy up
and hang it behind my bottle
to create the illusion
of an entire collection.

(Not really.)
I think.

if you’re lovin’ lavender like I’m lovin’ it,
light lavender is Dusty Lu’s new color for 2011.
 I can’t wait to see what she does with it.
She is one seriously talented blogger.
Thanks for stopping by!

1. Katie says:

I love it!! That would look super cute hanging on the front door for spring! I love all things purple, so that is just a plus! = )

I am glad you are feeling better, Jami! I bet that lavender dipped letter smells divine! There is nothing better than the wonderful scent of lavender. Maria’s shop is lovely. Happy Sunday to you.

3. Jami!
    What a gift it was to all… on the day you started to blog!
    You never fail to make my day when I pop in for a visit! *Lynne*

4. I love lavender too, I put it in my valentine hearts that I make.
    LOVE the monogram letter- a tutorial is awsome!

5. Beautiful!!!! I love lavender and this is a wonderfully personal way to get it! I love how creative you are Jami and how awesome to have them at Wild Rose too:)

6. Vintage Gal says:

I absolutely adore lavendar ~ It’s my favourite scent. Love what you have done and would love to see the tutorial! BEAUTIFUL!

7. Hi Jami, I, too, am a lover of purple. I started by collecting hand-painted pansy glassware, but I also love violets and lavender. Your monogram is beautiful, and I would welcome the tutorial. I’m sure it does smell heavenly! Thanks for sharing the other lavender things, too. I’ll be checking them out soon.

Right now I’m on a break from my reorganization project. Need to get back to it. Thanks for the refreshing break–I love your blog!

8. beautiful, Jami! I can’t wait to see how you made it! I bet it smells heavenly.

I have been to Maria’s shop and am just loving everything. I wish her the best of luck with it. Hope you feel better soon!

9. Bonnie says:

Jami girl…
    love the lavender letter! You also made me reconsider not getting rid of my purple glassware.

10. So glad you’re feeling better, Jami! Love your lavender S… way cool, and I bet it smells divine!
    Checked out Maria’s shop already and loved it, too… of course! :)
    Enjoy the rest of your day!
    ~ Jo

11. I came right away when I saw Lavender! I love it…and it’s nice to know others are enjoying this fresh scent! I can’t wait to look at Dusty Lu’s site! ♥

12. I love lavendar, it is such a soothing scent and the monogram you made with it is just darling!

13. Brenda Kula says:

I am so impressed! I adore lavender and this is perfect!

14. Diann says:

That turned out so lovbely!

oh Jami Love… this is maybe the best thing ever! I adore it!!! Im going to make one! as soon as you tell me how :)

Come visit my 80 degree weather and Ill take you to the lavender farm not too far from here where you can go take tours and pictures and buy lovely bunches of lavender.

did those ornaments ever make it back to you?

16. Marge says:

I just found your beautiful blog and I`ll be back, too;)

I love lavender!! But here in Finland it is quite difficult to find lavender from flower shops, at least in winter. But I can enjoy the smell of lavender in shower when I use lavender shower gel;)

Beautiful photos!!

Warm greetings from Finland,

17. I love lavendar too. Your lavendar letters are beautiful!

18. Lavender Letters….to die for…how creative…just love them, Sherron

19. Tiffini says:

Your creativity NEVER ceases to amaze me! Beautiful…so happy to hear your feeling better:)

20. Oh, I adooooooooore the smell of lavender. Isn’t it heavenly?

I love this idea. I bet it wafts its lovely fragrance all around your house!

21. d. reyné says:

I love Lavender!
    I just spent the better part of the day filling sachets with some I grew last summer!
    It makes everything smell so fresh!
    Have a wonderful week!

22. Hi Jami~ Love your lavender letter idea!! Hope you are doing wonderful my friend~ Hugs, Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

23. Clara says:

I just grew some last year and it will be something I really look forward to!

24. DustyLu says:

Thank you for mentioning me! I should be showing what I have done this week! I am now a follower of yours! Love your blog! Have a great day.. lulu

Hello Jami~

Your lavender letter turned out just beautiful, and what a wonderful idea! I love how you tied a little lace bow around it, too.

Those purple bottles from the featured shop are gorgeous. I will definitely be heading over to check these out.

It doesn’t surprise me that lavender is one of the new colors for this year. When we moved here, lavender and light green were my favorite colors. (Remember how popular that pistachio green was?) I always find it fascinating to watch which colors are “in” each year…sometimes I agree, and sometimes I don’t! ;) But you cannot go wrong with lavender~ it is a lovely color! :)

Have a beautiful day~

26. Another fabulous project I had to link up on my blog! It’s at the “letters and numbers” post, come on over and check it out!

27. Morning T says:

It is fabulous~ bravo!
    Glad you’re feeling better, seems like everyone has a touch of the nasty stuff right now.

28. Adorable!!! I just featured this in my post I did on 10 great Monogram Projects! I LOVE this and want to make one for my bedroom for sure!