dried lavender monogram TUTORIAL

Hi, sweetie pies.
Hope you’re having a lovely Saturday.
Here is the lavender dipped letter tutorial
that some of you wanted.
It’s too easy.
But easy.
I should say that I do NOT grow
my own lavender…yet.
I buy my organic dried lavender buds
from a local farmer’s market.
You should also be able to find them
at most whole food type stores or on Etsy.
I was having a hard time finding
lavender bundles locally
so I put out an S.O.S. on facebook
a while back to see if any of you
had any that I could purchase.
Shortly after,
Ruth at
surprised me with a large box
FULL of lavender bundles.
I could not believe it.
She really is one of the most beautiful people I know.

You’ll need buds for the letters
but I only use the bundles to embellish,
which is entirely optional.
Lavender Dipped Letter TUTORIAL
(Add hot glue to the list.)
You can press the lavender into the glue with your fingers
but I found it easier to just cover the letter with the buds
and flip it over, pressing the entire thing against the table.
If you don’t put the glue on thick and press the buds into it,
your letter will shed like a dog after it’s dry.

That really should read:
Add embellishments to front and attach to the back with hot glue.
Here are some more pictures
for good measure…

My vintage & antique lace supply is slowly dwindling.
Better get on that.
Have a great weekend.
Thanks for reading!
(Welcome, new friends!)
Here are is a letter photo untouched
to give you a better sense of what they look like.
(I edited the saturation & contrast in the above photos.)

This project is linking with my favorite parties:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at the Common Ground
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest

More lavender posts for you…
lavender garland freckled laundry button lavender and white slipcovered chair French freckled laundry faded weathered chipped crackled chalk paint furniture painting tutorial freckled laundry faded lavender desk antique chalk paint finish freckled laundry  antique lavender French bottle why do bottles turn purple sun glass amethyst bottle freckled laundry

1. Katie says:

Thanks for the tutorial!! It is super easy! I can’t wait to make one for my front door!

2. Soo romantic and sweet!

3. sandra says:

These are so cute and look fun to make! Love your blog, I will be back to see what you are up to again. Happy Saturday!

4. Vintage Gal says:

Wow ~ thanks for the tutorial ~ now, I’ve got to find some lavendar bundles ;-)

5. Vintage Gal says:

Wow ~ thanks for the tutorial ~ now, I’ve got to find some lavendar bundles ;-)

6. Very cute and I bet they smell amazing!

7. Annie Louise says:

Thank you so much for sharing–your lavendar letters are so cute. These must be fun and relaxing to make, what with the lavendar smell wafting through the room :)

8. Kristy says:

great tutorial, I love it!

9. very cute project and while it looks a bit messy, it gives a great result!

10. Love it Jami!! Did you get a surprise in the mail from me? Hugs,Rachel ;)

French Farmhouse 425

11. Dearest, next week, I want to buy an R(had a boost in appointments next week, yay!)…I am thinking about redoing my mantle, actually my entire den because of this R… and this will replace my gold R. You know I love these, and think this is a great idea!

Pretty as always, Jami. I’m sure is smells wonderful as well. I wish my husband liked lavender…but alas!

YAY! Im making one for my craft room AND one for my bedroom. One day. when the bedroom is done anyway. But the craft room one will be sooner rather than later :)

14. Thanks Jami! ~*~
    I’m going to make an “ampersand” for my office at work! and some Valentines…*Lynne*

15. This looks like so much fun, Jami!! Thanks for the tutorial!

16. I love this SO much! I have a bundle hanging in my room (probably not enough to do this craft) that I can smell every now and then. I love how organic the look is and how wonderful the smell, I am sure!! Thanks for the tutorial! I will definitely be using it someday soon!

17. These are wonderful. What a fun project

18. Becky C says:

I will be trying this soon! Love the idea, and I’ve been buying lavender lately :) Thanks so much
    Becky C

19. Melissa says:

Thanks so much for this great demo. I love this, and I love lavender.

20. Bonnie says:

whoo-hoo…. you were reading my mind in the middle of the night (last night). I woke up around 2am thinking about your lavender letter and the huge bag of lavender I need to get rid of… I was actually thinking, ‘I wish Jami had a tutorial on how she made her letter’. Wham, there it is today! You are a sweetheart… take a wild guess what I’m going to make tomorrow???

21. Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack says:

Darling idea! Love it! I will no doubt be trying these. Thanks for passing it along!

Have a great weekend! xo

22. Very unique idea!

Just wondering if the buds are this colourless or the photos were tweaked to desaturate? Curious as to how purple the letters come out. I love this!

23. Love their look… I bet they smell amazing too.

24. simpledaisy says:

Oh my gosh…those letters are so sweet!! Simple and cute:):)

25. Yea Jami!!! so glad you’re here. These letters are fabulous, I can smell them from here!
    love ya bunches,

26. Rachael says:

LOVE THESE! I bet they smell heavenly. I’d love to see them at my weekend linky party next time!! http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

27. These lavender letters are lovely! Thanks for the great tutorial! I look forward to linking up to one of your parties when I have my next textile project.
    ~ Julie

28. These are wonderful, Jami! I love how you added the lace to them to dress them up a bit… sweet! Great tutorial… thanks!
    I hope you have a wonderful week!
    Jo :)

29. AAahhhh…Lavender! What a wonderful tutorial! I would love to make these! I’m going to mark this page to come back! Thanks! ♥

30. Jami – These look fantastic and I bet they smell amazing! I have three bags of dried lavender I have been wanting to use. Fabulous idea! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase – I greatly appreciate it. I’ll be featuring this today. Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

31. Jen @ Coastal Lust says:

Omigosh, I love this! I need to get me some dried lavender and hop on this, like, stats! I’ve never really used lavender, but I guess it smells great (?) and since I’m in the land of The Stinky Diaper Pail, I could use all the help I can get :)

32. Anita says:

This is so wonderful! Your tutorials are such a great source of inspiration! I have lots of lavender (that I use for my nostalgic hearts) … but where do I get those letters from here in Germany…?

33. Amanda says:

I’ve put together a round up of monogram and letter projects on Craft Gossip today and included your project. :) You can see it here

If you would like to share the Craft Gossip love and show your visitors you’ve been featured, you can grab a button here!