Hand Painted Mirror with French Quote

If you haven’t noticed,
I like simple.
I am decorating
my Valentines mantel
(for the very first time ever)
  just so.
(And sweet.)
I’ll share it as soon as it’s finished
(because simple takes time, you know)
  but here is a little something
that I made for it…
A  hand painted mirror
with a French quote
that means,
He stole my heart.
It started out as
an ordinary piece of glass
from a discarded picture frame
but I used
(in White)
Looking Glass Mirror-Like paint,
to make a shabby little mirror.
I love the in-and-unin-tentional imperfections
(like the freehand, wonky handwriting).
It adds a little something
to a rather plain mirror.
There is also a little
faux antiquing going on.

You can find the complete tutorial
at the
DIY Club

Hope you had a relaxing weekend.
I spent it bundled up inside with my tea
thanks to the subzero cold front
that is sweeping across Upstate NY.

Are you keeping warm where you are?

Thanks for reading!

And thanks for your friendship.

1. Polly says:

Really cute!! Quite clever! And you’re right, simple does take time!!

Have a great week!

2. Looking great, heading over to learn how!

3. Vintage Gal says:

How wonderful~looks fabulous! I’ll head over now to find out how. ;-)

4. michelle says:

That is so cute! I can’t wait to see the rest of your mantel! :)

5. Roseanna says:

Love the mirror…I have a mirror in my dining room that needs an update, maybe some silhouette frosted words in my favorite quote? Anyhoo, yes, I live in Rochester and it was -6 degrees this morning. The wind is blowing, so they say it feels like -22, what??

I cant believe thats mirror spray paint. I didnt even know that existed. you. are. awesome.

7. Judy says:

Isn’t it funny how long simple can be to create. Really cute project. Elegant way of decorating for Valentine’s Day.

8. Olde Tyme Marketplace says:

WONKY! I love that word! I think we are all a little wonky!!
    This is a great and easy project that is cute too boot!

9. Sarah at myyellowhouse says:

How sweet!
    I have a mirror that I want to antique the glass so I’ll have to study the tutorial…I love that you always give us the how-to!

have a wonderful week ~

10. Ooooh…I can’t wait to see the end result Jami. Stay warm!

11. Fun! I have some glass that I could totally make mirrors out of. How did you come up with such a smart idea?

12. Kays Kids says:

Love the mirror, I’m about to sneek over and have a look.
    It’s 36deg.C here today. Tooooo hot.

13. I am so looking forward to seeing your Valentine’s mantle. I have never done one myself. What a lovely idea! xo Samantha

14. I love this! It’s very elegant! ♥

15. Love the quote! What a fun idea to paint it on the mirrow!

I love the mirror, Jami! Perfect French quote for Valentine’s Day and the heart tops it off. I’m off to read your tutorial. Have a great week.

17. Kristy says:

The quote is so darling!

18. Deb says:

I love simple too Jami! Sweet mirror…can hardly wait to see your mantel! ~Deb~

PS…love your new project links too!

19. That looking glass paint really works! Love the look, but I have a ton of mirrors to use up, so guess I won’t be needing the mirror paint. Your simple mirror is very cute!