1.1.11 – Remembering a Year of Little Dreams

Blessings for a happy 2011, sweets.
I embrace the change and opportunities of a new year
but 2010 holds a particular nook n’ cranny in my heart.
I will remember 2010 as the year that
this creative, freckled, stay at home mother of [then] infant twins
and a 7-year-old had a chat with her man one evening.
“Babe. I think I want to start a blog.”
“What’s a blog?”
[Insert explanation and pouring out of thoughts and goals.]
“I just feel like I’m supposed to follow my heart on this one.”
Well. If it’s what you think you should do…I believe in ya.”
I am grateful for his support in 2010.
And so my lil’ bloggin’ journey began on May 31, 2010.
 What I didn’t expect,
was that along with my husband,
a whole bunch of you would believe in me too.

I am grateful for the friendships and nudge of encouragement that 2010 gave me.
In September 2010,
I decided to follow one, small dream for freckled laundry
and I launched my baby shoe line on Etsy.
I am grateful that you loved them.

Marian (Miss Mustard Seed) loved them too
and I almost fell over when she offered to put them in her booth at Wild Rose & Co.

I still can’t believe that my shoes are in a real shop
among the prettiest vintage and antique wares you could dream of.

I am grateful that she believed in me.

All along the way,
I shared my DIY projects and tutorials for this house of laundry

and in November 2010,
I was invited, along with nine others,
to become a 2011 resident blogger for The DIY Club.

I am grateful to The DIY Club gals for believin’ in me too.

I know I’m not the only one with a dream or two either
and in November 2010,
I launched the Vintage Market.
I don’t yet have the ability to open a brick and mortar shoppe
so I thought I’d try a virtual one
where you could share your dreams or shop.
I am grateful for the shoppes in the Market that took a chance with me.
2010 was a year of small arrows that convinced me I’m headed in the right direction.

As it left, it whispered, “Follow your dreams.”

And, I am.

I hope you do, too.

Whatever they may be.

I was going to put pen to paper here
(or key to screen rather)
and write down my dreams & goals for 2011
but I think I’ve rambled on long enough.

Happy 2011.

Thank you for following along and for the blessings of your friendship.

1. The message that appears when I turn on my mobile phone is

“You are an arrow, straight and true, follow your dreams.”

It is wonderful to meet a fellow arrow who is brave enough to ‘shoot for the stars’.

Blessings to you and best wishes for all that you have in your sights,

Felicity x

2. Such a memorable year! We are so glad to have you share your talents with the world!

3. re:Inspire says:

Those shoes are to die for! You do amazing work! Looking forward to what you have to share with us this year!
    Happy New Year!

look at you and all your freckled accomplishments this year! Congratulations on following your heart and having the success bloom before your eyes. Heres to 2011 and all it will bring you :)

5. Theresa says:

I just found your blog about a week or so ago, and I haven’t spent much time (yet), but I already believe in you, too! good luck in 2011…I’m looking forward to it!

6. yes its been a heck of year for you my dear! And now you have your cool mac to do your blogging way faster! Here is to 2011 in blogland and real life and how they colide in the most exciting way.

7. Hey my Sweet Freckled “First Friend” … You are where your are because you are talented, hard working and most of all sincere!
    I wish you continued success, Jami!
    I gave you a shout out in my end of the yeat post! ~L~

8. Minky {moo} says:

YOU MAKE THOSE SHOES??? I gotta tell you, I about died when I saw them at WildRose and cannot wait to find out whether this baby in my belly is pink or blue because I have my eyes on those shoes! I die from the cute of them. DIE!

9. Congratulations on all of your success this year…may you have even more in 2011 :-) You’re a talented young woman! Happy Anniversary to you too :-)
    P.S. I couldn’t seem to get to a couple of the featured links in your last post. The ruffled ornament and the banner. They kept taking me to another one of your links. It might just be me though.

10. Sarah at myyellowhouse says:

and please don’t forget the awesome laundry bags!

So glad you decided to start your blog…you’ve been a huge inspiration. Here’s to a wonderful new year!
    Sarah xo

11. Destiny says:

Happy New Year! Those little shoes are so adorable – makes me want to have another baby just so I can dress her in them hahaha…well, not really!? Congrats on your 2010 success and best wishes for a successful 2011! : ) ~Destiny

12. Patrice says:

I started reading decorating/DIY blogs late in 2010, and it’s only now as so many publish year-in-review type posts that I’m learning how new everyone is to this gig. I have to tell you, it’s inspirational, particularly when reading a blog like yours, to see how far so many people can go in such a relatively short time. However, when the blogs are as good as yours, it’s not at ALL surprising. I wish you much continued success for many years to come, and I thank you for the opportunity to ride along vicariously.

13. Brenda Kula says:

What instantly comes to mind is: You’ve come a long way, baby. To get where you got to today… Now I’ll be humming or singing that all night long, I want you to know. Yes, you’ve accomplished a lot. That tells me: you’re right where you’re supposed to be. The stars are aligned. It is your time to shine. So let your little light shine!

14. Congrats on an awesome year, Jami! I have to admit that I thought it was a pretty big deal when you became a follower of mine. Your blog is pure quality and always inspirational. On a side note, I’m finally going to have something to link up this Friday again! Yay textiles!

15. Beckie says:

You are a wonderfully talented lady who deserved all the success she saw in 2010…I have no doubt 2011 will be even better for you! Keep the wonderful ideas coming!

16. jami – you have inspired and encouraged and supported so many of us rookie crafters out here, and for that, we are eternally grateful. i know that through blogging, the creativity from gals like you have helped me take a step out in faith and try my own hand at a couple things (clay tags, stenciling). thank you for that, dear friend! i’m really looking forward to learning more from you in the coming year!

xoxo laurie

17. ~*~*Happy New Year sweet Jami!!~*~*Hugs, Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

18. Clara says:

Very nice.

Wishing you all the best in the New Year!

19. rainbowcreek says:

Congratulations on all you have accomplished! I just recently “crossed over” from reading mostly crafty blogs to the decor bloggiverse and I can tell you my heart went pitter-pat when I discovered your blog. It is so sweet and comfy here and it feels like a place where everyone is welcomed. I can bet that 2011 will be even better. Just let your true self keep shining through and you will always be among the stars. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Great post, Jami! I so agree with you…to follow your dreams. I’t's been fun to see you travel on your journey and watch good things unfold for you. You work very hard, are so talented and are a lovely gracious woman. You are most deserving of your dreams coming true! I think the best is yet to come for you in 2011! Happy New Year to you.

21. Nutbird says:

I think 2011 will be a year of Big Dreams for you my dear. Your professionalism, creativity, and writing ability will carry you far. I have enjoyed following along. Ann

22. Lisa says:

Happy New Year!

23. So so glad you followed your heart and dreams! And I am so glad that you will continue to gift us with your amazing talent! I look forward to watching every step you take and every achievement you make! Thank you for making me dream with you! Love ya J!

24. Congratulations on a beautiful & successful blog and Etsy shop! All the best to you and yours for a wonderful 2011!

25. Vintage Gal says:

I just found you through miss Mustard Seed. Lovely blog and I LOVE the baby shoes.
    See more of you in 2011!

26. Bonnie says:

2010 was a success for you… however, I hope 2011 is even better. (smiles)

27. I started my blog in May, too! It sounds like you’ve had a wonderful journey of discovery in 2010, my friend. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride and for the inspiration and friendship in
    2010. I look forward to continuing the journey with you in 2011! Happy New Year!
    Jo :)

28. DustyLu says:

thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower and for letting me find yout wonderful blog. Love it! look forward to visiting you! Hugs Lulu

29. Stephanie says:

Happy New Year! You had a very successful 2010 and I think BIG things are in store for you in 2011!

30. Holly says:

What a wonderful experience blogging can be! We are all so glad you began this blog and hared your talents with us!

31. Oh dearest Jami!
    You are such a blessing. I’m glad you made the decision to blog, or else we never would have met. Not only are you a great friend, but you are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to creativity. Thanks for you comforting words…
    xoxo Natalie

32. I thought you have been blogging for much longer then that! You are a great inspiration. You have accomplished a lot in such a short time. So glad that I found you!

33. I love your simplistic style. It’s very tender and inviting. I happy to be getting to know you.

come visit