Christmas came a little early

The title of this post ought to be,
but I didn’t want to frighten you.
On my way home from finishing
my Christmas shopping,
I saw an “Estate Sale Today…” sign.
I drove by, guilt stricken by the fact
that I should not be shopping for myself
right now.
Then, a light bulb went off.

“Honey. Did you get my Chrismtas gift yet?”

“No. I was going to go out tomorrow morning.”
“Okay. Love you. Bye.”
And I turned around.
I happened upon the BEST estate sale
of my estate salin’ history.

I found a vintage Thomasville
desk with hutch for $40.
I would have haggled but I didn’t.
In fact, I initially left without it
but my sweet husband called the lady
(I asked for her number just in case it didn’t sell)
and came back with it for me.
I already know what I want to do with it.
Have you ever bought a piece of furniture
that made you want to rearrange the entire room around it?
This is it.
Here is the hutch closed but it will remain open in my home so that I can display
some lovelies.

Look at her curves!

Now imagine them all white and distressed.

I immediately fell in love
(as in nearly fainted)
  with this $35 wide, antique chair w/a big, fluffy, down-filled cushion.
And you’re looking at an un-fluffed cushion.
Fluffed, it touches the bottom of the arms!
 (Yeah. Should say Belgian Linen.)
The style is Pierre Deux French Country.
Thank you, Lena!
I just knew she whispered, “I’m French.”
I was also given a slipcovered,
down-filled ottoman
(pictured above).

A new slipcover is in order.

I was also given the matching,
low back, slipcovered chair
but it was too big to bring inside
to photograph
and there was no way I was snapping
a photo in our garage.
It’s about one piece of furniture away from a citation of some sort.
The stars aligned
and I happened upon this French-ish book,
“Historical Romances of France. Madame Therese.”
with a LAVENDER cover.
I just happen to be accenting with lavender in the living room.
Here’s another photo…
 …and another
along with some beautiful linens that
I bought for 50 cents.

I also found some vintage, Robin’s Egg Blue,
linen place mats and napkins (set of 4)
that will be Oxycleaned
and added to my Etsy shop.
I figured one of you girls would love ‘em.
Email me if you want them before I post them.
 And, as if the day couldn’t get any
more wonderful,
I found a huge package in my garage
when [stuffing] the chair inside.

It was a gift from a bloggin’ friend
whose unbelievable kindness
deserves a separate post.

Christmas blessings to each of you!
Tomorrow night is our annual tradition of hot cocoa and cookies
while driving around, looking at Christmas lights.
I can’t wait.
It really is magical.
What is your favorite tradition?

1. Wow, what great finds!! I can’t wait to see the all painted and distressed! Have a very merry Christmas my friend!!
    Hugs, Lisa

HOLY COW! What an AMAZING FIND!!! (and yay for last minute hubby’s that still have christmas shopping left to do!)

I cant wait to see it all done up :) I know you will work magic with an already beautiful piece!

I bet Marian will know what style that chair is!

Merry Christmas to you!

3. Awesome sale! I love finding those…when you leave just giddy. Good for you and what a sweet hubby you have. :)

4. Beautiful pieces! You were lucky that desk was still there. It’s going to be gorgeous painted.

5. What a great sale. I love the pieces you found. I can really picture the hutch the way you described. It will be beautiful! The chair is great too. A little kicky skirt will dress her right up!

6. love your finds. i’m drooling! the chair is definetly french country. it looks like it may be from pierre deux. the fabric at least is from pierre deux. i love them all, as is.
    i’m sure you’ll keep them looking great.
    i had a great find, pottery barn thomas armoire system. it’s was reg. $3200. i got it for $150. i also purchased another rustic armoire at the same sale, for $50. i may post pictures sometime after christmas.
    have a JOYfilled Christmas!
    pax – lena

7. I love that desk/hutch…what a find for $40. That is crazy! I can’t wait to see it all painted. Your other things were great finds too. But that hutch/desk…that’s unbelievable.

8. Awesome finds. I can’t wait to see the hutch transformation! I’m jealous that you got it for $40! :)

9. Stephanie says:

Oh wow Jami those are beautiful and what a great Christmas present to you! I love the hutch as is…such beautiful wood, but I am sure you will make it look even better. Who has an Estate sale this time of year? Lucky for you they did.

10. $40?? Shut. The. Door!

Did you ring a bell and say, “I believe in the magic of Christmas”? ;)

Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka,

11. Rachel says:

~**~Awesome find Jami!!~*~* Cant wait to see what you do with it!!~*Hugs,Rachel*~*~

*French Farmhouse 425*

Jami, that desk/hutch is an amazing find at an amazing price! I can see it how you are envisioning it, and it is going to be so gorgeous in your living room! The chair is just beautiful and the book is icing on the cake! :)

I hope you have a wonderful and Merry Christmas with your family! :)

13. Honey, you must be livin’ right!!! I cannot believe the great prices on these wonderful pieces. Can’t wait to see them finished. I know they will be fabulous!!! Have fun on the tour tomorrow night.

14. Ok, first off you should know that I write this comment in bed, from my iPhone, after a long day of baking. I felt it was completely neccesary to do this because even though it is wrong to covet….I am COVETING your new hutch!! Lol!! I just love the way you write this stuff! You have me rolling! They are all truly great finds and I can’t wait to see the end results. Ta ta for now darlin’
    xoxo. Natalie

15. Becky says:

wowzers! I am so excited for you. I can’t wait to see those pieces when you get through with them!

Oh my godfathers….that is an amazing find!! I SO wish we had estate sales, that we could just randomly happen upon {sigh}.

Lucky girl and YAY for the gorgeous and thoughtful hubby!!

17. Beautiful find! I can’t wait to see what you do with it! I have redecorated two rooms because of two furniture pieces that I’ve found, so I know where you are coming from! Enjoy your Christmas.

18. Shaunna says:

AWESOME!!! Love both pieces…lucky gal! I promise I’m getting back with you on those shoes, I’ve just been in a Christmas fog. :)-shaunna

19. Hi Jami!

I can hardly wait to watch the new found treasures transition into {Jami Style}.

Christmas magic surrounds you and your beautiful family.

I wish Merry Christmas Blessings to you, and all who you love! *L*

20. Karena says:

Jami what great finds and your projects will be so fun!

Thank you for entering and promoting my Giveaway from My Sparrow!

Joyeaux Noel!

Art by Karena

21. Polly says:

Wow! Love that cabinet! It’s gorgeous as is, but I can’t wait to see the makeover! Glad you stopped at that sale!!

Merry Merry!

22. Finding Home says:

I so respect your decision to
    a) Stop
    b) Realize that there was a way to make it a present
    c) Already have it photographed and figured out!

I knew I liked you! I hope you have an amazing Christmas. I am heading to NH, maybe I will find some treasures like I have in the past!

Take care,

23. Pamela says:

OMG I am speechless. You lucky girl! I love the colours you are going to paint the hutch. Love the linen the chair will be covered in. And that lavender book??????????Ooh that got me! I love love old books and its Lavender to boot!!!!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!

24. Wow! You lucky girl! I’m so envious! It looks like you really scored.

Have a blessed Christmas!

25. Linden Townhouse says:

If your husband had spent $40 at the mall, perhaps it might have bought a pretty sweater, but not a beautiful piece of furniture. You found yourself a Merry Christmas at that estate sale! Lovely finds.

26. That desk is a find for sure. I love the idea of the lavendar interior!! I might do that top my french china cab. You get the best ideas from bloggers. Merry Christmas Jami!

27. Ok…..not jealous…..not jealous….not jealous….. ♥

Our fav Christmas tradition is going to the Christmas eve candlelight service at church and being surrounded by the candles, our friends, and beautiful Christmas music… it…

Merry Christmas to you, sweet Jami!

xoxo laurie

28. Judy says:

What an amazing desk…$40…WOW!

29. Jami, You hit the jackpot! Wow, I love the hutch and the chair. I can’t believe the prices you paid. I know they will be even more beautiful when you add your touch to them. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

30. Jami, I forgot to tell you the Pierre Deux fabric on the chair is $50.00 per yard!

31. Oh my was Santa extra good to you!

Just beautiful! May you create many beautiful memories this holiday season.

Christmas blessings to you!

PS. I see you live in upstate N.Y. I lived for a time in Plattsburgh. :)

32. Deb says:

Awesome finds Jami…I can hardly wait to see them after you’ve worked your magic! Merry Christmas to you and your family! ~Deb~

33. SHERRY HART says:

SCORE!!! That is a beautiful piece and now we get to watch the transformation!!! Score for us! Merry Christmas.

34. I so want to go “Estate Sale” shopping with you my friend! You do find the best ones.
    Have a wonderful Christmas with your sweet family :-)

35. Bonnie says:

Merry Christmas Jami…. my favorite blogger in the entire world! Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice note. I hope your day is filled with JOY!

wow to your early Christmas gift! I see your vision for your project.

Keep up with those wonderful blog posts. Do you realize you are the next pioneer woman or farm chicks??? Get that book going! :)

36. Brenda Kula says:

Well didn’t you hit the proverbial jackpot! I love her and all her curves. Can’t wait to see what you do. Merry Christmas, my friend! (You should see our garage…)

Jackpot! I will be excited to see how you pull it all together. Merry Christmas, dear friend.