Guest post at how does she…repurposed denim advent calendar

Hello, sweets.

I am so darn excited to let you know that I’m guest posting at today.

How Does She? is a wonderful blog
bursting at the seams with creative ideas
from home decor to baby hair clips, recipes…
you name it. It’s there.

I love it.
Thank you so much for the invitation, Bobbi-Jo!
Here’s a sneak peak at what you’ll find…

Repurposed denim advent calendar

1. Finding Home says:

SO Super cute!

2. Jen says:

You never cease to AMAZE me!!!
    This is so cute!

3. OneCraftyFox says:

This is so fabulous! LUVS!!

4. awal.ny says:

This is such a cute idea, I am thinking of making an advent calendar this year thanks for sharing all of your great ideas.

5. So clever, cute and a little groovy. Love the idea of using stamps and paint on fabric. Great ideas!!

6. Hi lovely Jami,

I’m so glad you’re having a good Thanksgiving.

Errr….am I missing something here? How do you fill the pockets with something when they’re not attached to something else? Unless you attached a backing of some kind, I guess.

But it is a gorgeous way of using up baby jeans.

Very you!!

What a wonderful way to repurpose jeans! How clever and creative you are, Jami! I love this advent calendar. This may just be a project for me over this weekend. Thanks for sharing it. Hope you’re having a nice holiday weekend with your family

8. CUTE idea! That is just sweet. Thanks for sharing, Jami. Blessings!

9. Love this advent calendar!!! You rock Jami, this is super cool!

10. gail says:

I love denim and using the pockets is pure genius! :)

11. winnibriggs says:

What a brilliant idea, and i love the distressed look of the denim, just perfect!

12. Andrea - Faded Plains says:

I love this idea…and just may have to try it myself. I’m sure I’ve said this before…but it’s worth repeating…you are amazingly talented…thanks so much for always inspiring me ;o)

I heart you even MORE (if thats possible!) because you use hot glue :) I dont own a sewing machine- nor would I be able to work it, if I did. So hot glue and I are pretty tight :)

hope youre having a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend!

14. Erin says:

So cute, Jami! And what a great idea for re-purposing otherwise worn-out or too-small jeans.

Can I ask where you got your stamps from? I’m having the worst luck trying to locate sophisticated number stamps or stencils like yours at my local craft stores.

P.S.–I just finished a no-sew advent calendar this afternoon that I’m looking forward to sharing at your link party later this week! :) Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

15. This is a fantastic idea!! I love, love, love it!

16. Reinspire says:

So adorable! Love your blog! You are so inspiring! Oh…and to Sarah for your comment above about there being a pocket to place something in, if you cut the pocket out of the jeans leaving the back jean layer on, it would already be a pocket…I don’t think you can see that in the photos.

17. Jami, I am always amazed at your creativity! This is such an adorable idea. Love it!
    xo, Sherry

18. Stephanie says:

Wow, that is such an adorable idea and so darn cute! I love the simplicity of it, that is what makes it so stunning!

19. I love this idea. This is so dog gone cute.

20. How sweet Jami. I cut up old jeans too. I’ve been cutting them to make a quilt, but this a great way to use the pockets. I use an old jean pocket that has a snap on it to hold my cell phone in my purse. That way I can always find it :-)

21. Becky says:

So sweet, I’m sure your littles will love their treats. Again another awesome project!

22. Sarah at myyellowhouse says:

You are honestly one of the most creative and talented gals I know! This is a super cute project and would be great to do with my nieces. You are such an inspiration!

23. allison @ says:

I am so glad you made this!! I was brainstorming Advent Calendar bunting ideas with my sis in law the other day and thought we might be able to use denim pockets or shirt pockets from mens dress shirts! Haha! It looks awesome and now I’m for sure going for it! Thanks for making an idea a reality! Love the way it turned out!

24. I love your style. Great project.

25. Brenda Kula says:

Well isn’t this just the cutest! You’re good with this denim!

Gorgeous, Jami. They are so you. I’m sure your babies are going to love counting down until Christmas.

27. Agneta says:

Mama Mia, I just love your blog!

Agneta, a swedish one ;)

28. Amber says:

How cute are you with your baby jean pockets and your countdown calendar? So darn creative!! Love it!! If you’re cutting up the baby jeans does that mean you’re officially done having babies? I might want to make one except I am not sure if I still need the baby jeans! lol!! :)

29. LoVe how your “tinker with my mantel ” turned out !
    Inspired, thank you for sharing

Jami, this is so, SO cute! And I just love that you used baby jeans for it! The Advent calendar looks so pretty up against the white of your fireplace, too. :)

31. dls says:

What an awesome idea….. love it and love the denim! Thanks for sharing.