Glittered Chalkboard Cloth Reusable Gift Tags

Hi, apple pie.
I recently discovered my new favorite textile when Laura at Finding Home shared a
chalkboard cloth table runner that she purchased.
The only thing better than
chalkboard paint is chalkboard cloth.
{LOVE at first sight.}
I found it at JoAnn for around $3/yard
with a 40% off coupon.
flurry of projects with this stuff!
I’ll keep this tutorial short and sweet
because there’s really nothing to it.
Step 1
Cut your cloth into rectangles.
Step 2
Dip each edge into craft glue.
(Regular Elmer’s is just fine.)
Step 3
Then, dip each edge in glitter.
I used fine grit German Glass Glitter.
Miss Mustard Seed has me hooked on it.
Clicking her link will take you to her glass glitter video tutorial.
Step 4
Let it dry.
Now you have a simple, sparkly, reusable gift tag.
Just another fancy pants way to go green
on the gifts.

And, I appreciate your sweet & encouraging
comments on yesterday’s post!
I’ll be back tomorrow before taking few days
to enjoy my favorite time of the year
and bake some serious pies.
(My apple crisp pie recipe is in the ezine below.)
That pie, my mac salad, and a baked Monterey Jack mac & cheese
are the only crowd pleasers that come out of this kitchen.

Crisp Interiors has joined the vintage market,
bringing beauty and restoration to things
that may have otherwise been forgotten.

The sweet, newlywed couple and owners, started
Crisp Interiors as means of charity.

Their true heart is for helping others and they donate 30% of all proceeds
to a different organization each month.

Very cool!
December’s proceeds will aid Samaritan’s Purse’s efforts in Haiti.

1. Love it Jami!!! This is so you, and so gorgeous! Love this idea, love it love it!

2. oh my- that is it!!! i have been looking for a way to make cute tags for my gifts, and i am warpping in all gray and white rustic paper, so that is PERFECT. thanks for sharing!!!

3. oh my- that is it!!! i have been looking for a way to make cute tags for my gifts, and i am warpping in all gray and white rustic paper, so that is PERFECT. thanks for sharing!!!

The tags look fantastic. The only thing is, do you ask for them back after the gift is given?

Oh, and by the way, lately I feel like nothing I make works from my kitchen either. It’s so deflating after all the work! The mac and cheese sounds divine.

5. ~~*Love those!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving my sweet friend~*~*Hugs,Rachel~*~*

6. Jessica says:

Chalkboard cloth – imagine all the projects you can do with it!

I’ll be sure to look at Joanns.

Love the glitter sides :-)

7. Finding Home says:

Thanks for all the sweet comments! I am looking forward to what else you come up with. Your blog is so enjoyable, thanks for all of YOUR inspiration. I will have to work on some new projects myself.

8. I have never heard of chalkboard cloth~ too cool! I’ve been addicted to chalkboards lately and made a ton for the shop. Your mac n’ cheese sounds yummy!

9. Bonnie says:

love it, love it, love it!

10. Tina says:

These are FABULOUS!! Not sure I will be able to find this fabric here in country Australia, but will be giving it a go:) Thanks for the inspiration Jami. Hugs ~ Tina xx

I love these tags, Jami! I have never heard of chalkboard fabric so will check out my Jo Ann’s and hope they carry it. Where do you get the German glass glitter? I’m excited about your new vintage market!

12. Amber says:

Chalkboard cloth?! Who knew??? I need to get my hands on some of that!! Thanks for the great idea:)

13. Maddie Lumpkin says:

Those tags are really neat! Thanks for sharing.Also didn’t know there was chalkboard fabric!

14. Tricia - A Rosy Note says:

Umm…love this! How could I not have seen this at Joann, especially when it seems like I live there lately.

15. I love this idea for gift tags. That German glass glitter is beautiful stuff, isn’t it? :) Thanks for the link.

16. Tiffini says:

I love the going green for gifts idea. I love anything simple, organic and sweet…love this idea! Your food sounds delish…enjoy the holiday Jami:)

17. Stephanie says:

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing!

18. I’ve got to get some of this stuff! So many ideas swirling around in my head already! Thanks for sharing!

19. michelle says:

Those are adorable! What a great idea!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

20. Zondra Art says:

Great idea and blog! I lake it!
    Kisses from Croatia, Zondra Art

21. I’ve never seen this before…but I’m going to keep my eyes open for it now! Thanks for sharing. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

I love your gift tags! And the glitter around the edges is the perfect touch! :)