Do you have a shoppe? Introducing the vintage market.

Hi, sweetie pies.

I was a painting fool yesterday.

I finished painting the living room
the most perfect shade of faint gray,
my stone fireplace white
(so that I can properly photograph my denim garland),
  and whitened the weathered window
that I grabbed at auction.
I’ll share everything with you tomorrow because today,
I wanted to take a moment to
introduce you to my new, vintage market.
See it?

It’s up there, on my clothesline
and over there in my sidebar.
(Yeah, it’s empty right now but that’s the point of this post.)
It’s a concept that I’m so excited about and I’d like to thank Polly at The French Cupboard
for her support when I originally considered a vintage market a few months back.
The vintage market is essentially one big ol’ flea market
for us to share our talent, shoppes, and vintage-ish wares.

And, one big ol’ flea market for us to shop in.

With the holidays upon us,
I thought it was the perfect time to introduce the vintage market
and increase traffic to your Etsy shoppe or web site
while providing a little extra funding
for my projects, of which there are many.

Yeah, right.

I’ll be spending it in the market.

I just know it.

Click here for all of the details.
The first two friends to join my vintage market will
receive a free sidebar button spot until December 31, 2010.
Update: Two free spots are spoken for. Thank you.

And, I will do one mini feature of each shoppe
at the bottom of my new posts as another way to let everyone
that they can now find you in the vintage market.

And, for those of you without shoppes,
what do you think?

Also, be sure to check out
the latest holiday issue of The DIY Life ezine,
featuring 93 pages of the prettiest holiday project ideas
and delicious recipes. (Look for my apple crisp pie!)

1. Tiffini says:

I am very interested and would love more info!

2. Hi Jami!! That is such a wonderful idea to feature shops!! If I had one I would for sure~*;)~*~*Cant wait to see your reveal!!! Hugs, Rachel

3. Pam says:

What a fantastic idea. I don’t presently have a shop, but I will shop through it when you get it running. And I just looked at the ezine and it is beautiful. Very well put together.

4. d. reyné says:

Hi Jami!
    I am want one!
    Let me know what to do and if I qualify…I am so onboard for this!
    I love this idea and can’t imagine anyone I would like to be hooked up with than lil’ol’YOU!
    Let me know soon because I am working on reopening my etsy shoppe…Monday!
    Hugs my friend,

5. Great idea, Jami. I love it.

You are gradually taking over the universe with your fab ideas!

Go, Jami, go!

6. Stephanie says:

Yayyy! This is going to be fantastic! You know what’s weird, I noticed the new denim banner tab right away. So you did a great job of making it pop out!

Makes me want a hop just to be a part of this! :-)

7. Stephanie says:

Oops, meant to say “Shop”. Durrr.

what a fab idea! you are brilliant! now I wish I could make something… lol

9. What a fantastic idea!!

10. Fabulous idea! I have been thinking about opening an etsy shop and would love to know more about this. I love the denim. Pops out nicely!

11. Can’t wait to check it all out! What a great idea, and I can’t wait to see the holiday crafts and your dessert in the e-zine. :) xx

What a lovely idea! No shoppe for me, but I am a happy shopper :-)

Can’t wait to see your reveal of your living area!! Hoorah!!

13. Cecily says:

I would love to do this. Let me know some more about it. Does the stuff in your shoppe have to be vintage? I am soo excited!

14. Hi Cecily. I couldn’t find an email for you without access to your profile. No, things don’t have to be authentically vintage but should be of a vintage style or work well in a vintage chic home. If you are unsure, send me link to your site and I’m happy to let you know.

15. Amy says:

great. And would love to know the paint color you used. I am looking for the perfect light gray right now.

16. I loved the greys that are “in” right now-Can’t wait to see the pics of your living room!

17. Brenda Kula says:

I always tease myself with the idea of having an online shoppe, then my life and three pets and a saltwater aquarium (which has proved problematic this morning…) and gardening gets in the way. And I wonder if I could possibly find the time? I love the idea though, and know that I will shop there!

18. What an extraordinary idea! I now only wish that I was crafty enough to have an etsy shop just so I could join in on your fun. I guess I’ll just have to shop there ; )

19. Olde Tyme Marketplace says:

Well here you go geting me all geared up to finally add goods to my Etsy shoppe~ which has been severely stagnant for oh I don’t know, since I opened it over a year ago! You’re a stinker like that aren’t ya?
    Give me all the info girlie!

20. Super proud GB!!! Love the new stuff!

21. Stephanie says:

Oh how fun! I can’t wait to shop and read your blog at the same time. Fun, fun

22. Sounds exciting! And the recipe sounds yummy!

Your apple crisp pie recipe sounds delicious, Jami. Your crust is beautiful! That is a labor of love!

24. Shaunna says:

Lovely news, Jami!! Also loved your post today about the gorgeous window!! Love everything you do, my dear. :) shaunna