Chalkboard Door – The whole thing

Hi, sweetie pies.
Hope you all made good use of the extra hour
this weekend either sleeping in,
tackling a project, or whatever.
My little jewelry box nightstand
is looking cute but it needs a little something
that I’ll be adding in the morning.
In the meantime,
I realized that I never shared my entire
chalkboard door.
You can read the original post and tutorial HERE.

The “sneak peek” was my very first blog project.
One thing led to another, and I never posted the whole door apparently.
Don’t judge me.
It is clearly unfinished
(which is why I haven’t shared it yet).
Just keep your eyes on the door, girls.
The top 1/3 of the wall is light French Gray
and the bottom 2/3 will be white bead board.
It’s such an easy, functional, and chic way to transform
a boring, hollow core door.
It will look even cuter
when the rest of the hallway is finished.
Of course, I’ll share it when it’s done.

I’m all about {dramatic} before shots.

The chalk bee is now gone
and every week, I write an inspiring quote.
Right now, it reads,
“Mom is a dweeb and a geek.”
Yes, my son decided to chime in this week.
Too bad he doesn’t know that I’m Santa.

Husband and I bought the bead board
for the living room and hallway this weekend.
Did we go with wide or narrow?
Thanks for all of your feedback on that decision.

Have a happy Monday.

1. ~*~Love the door Jami!! Cant wait to see your transformation! Hugs~ Rachel ;)~*~*

2. michelle says:

Love the door and I love bead board! I can’t wait to see what you did and what you are up too!!

3. Stephanie says:

I think it is time he knows who Santa is! LOL I can totally imagine what you are going to do in the hallway, thanks for showing the dramatic before. I love the french gray color and the chalkboard door.

4. Amy says:

who makes the french grey paint? I think it is looking great!

5. Maggie says:

I can’t wait to see the beadboard!

(…eyes firmly on the door…)

I LOVE IT!!

(…eyes wandering the hall)

Wowsers, that gray is gorgeous! I too love a good “before” shot, and the bead board will bring it all together beautifully: it will look stunning!!

7. The gray is LIGHT FRENCH GRAY by Sherwin Williams (SW 0055). That being said, I recommend testing it on your wall before purchasing an entire gallon. Grays are VERY tricky and tend to take on a blue or lavender undertone. This same color looks blue in my living room so I chose a different color for that space. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS test your grays in at least a primed, 3′x 3′ section. I test grays on each of the 4 walls as the light cast can change the color from one wall to the next. Grays are TOUGH but so worth it in the end. The sample pots are $4.99 at Sherwin Williams.

8. Love what you did to the flat door. I can’t wait to see it all finished and what you do with the hole in the wall :)

9. Pamela says:

I adore beadboard and can’t wait to see the transformation!!
    I love your writing!! You need to write a book some day.
    Pamela xo

10. ooh lucky you, I soooo want to beadboard my whole next house! (The one we are in, we are thinking we might sell soon…I need more space outside for a painting studio and showroom…so exciting!)

xx Karen

11. HAHAHA! That quote is too funny (accurate, but funny, love ya GB)!
    Yes, if he only knew, but then when he does know, you’ll wish he didn’t. It’ll look fantabulous when you are done:)

12. Looks like it is going to be awesome Jami! Can’t wait to see it…I hope you picked the narrow boards! OK I said it!! Thats what I love….but anything you do always turns out great. Thanks for sharing about the paint, you are so right…the color changes by the cast of the light.

13. You crack me up, Jami… lol! You’ve seen the before pictures of my remodeling projects, haven’t you? Your hallway looks mild compare to that! (no judgement going on here… hehe)
    I remember when you first posted your chalkboard door with the little bee on it. I loved it and still doo! It’s such a great idea! Your hallway and LR are going to look so wonderful when they’re done. I can’t wait to see them both!
    Hugs ~ Jo

14. Becky says:

Ahhh, did you put that super cute bee there just for me? You are too sweet :) I can’t wait for the after photos I am a total sucker for makeovers. The more I see all of your gray paint the more I want to use it some where in my house, it is so pretty.
    TTFN, Becky

15. Love the idea of a chalk~board door!!! Get me a can of chalk paint & I’m ready to go to town…love it!

16. Love the idea of a chalk~board door!!! Get me a can of chalk paint & I’m ready to go to town…love it!

17. Jen says:

Hi Jami! I love chalkboard paint although I havent actually painted anything with it
    I’ve got some big plans with it coming up though!
    Your door looks great!

18. julie says:

Jami, That color is PERFECT! It’s going to look amazing. I can’t wait to see the after!

19. Hi Jamie, I love the chalkboard door too! Your hall will look fabulous with the bead board. love the gray paint color.
    Hugs, Sherry

20. Oh so fun. I love the idea of a chalkboard to write inspiring quotes and funny sayings, like your son’s. Will be waiting to see the finished project and the “oops” story.

21. You big tease, Jami! Is it the thick or the thin…

You *have* to tell me soon or I’ll pop!!!

Looking forward to seeing it…

22. Who would dare judge you? The chalkboard door is a great start and I can already envision the bead board and gray walls. Don’t you just love bead board? That is my next investment along with white paint for the cabinets : ) I even have my husband on board.

23. LOL! You are so funny, Jami! Loved this post from you! I’m loving that chalkboard door! The more I see chalkboard in different rooms, the more I think I need some in my house. I’ve got a million old frames in my basement….why in the world haven’t I made a chalkboard for my kitchen from any of them…??? sheesh!!! Ok…thank for the kick in the hiney. I needed that.

xoxo laurie

24. Jami,
    First of all, thank you for visiting my blog! I feel honored since I consider your blog as one of my favorites. I love your sincerity (sp?) and generous spirit. My blog is {sort of} in the works…still a blank canvas evolving…I love your chalk board door. Awhile back I painted the inside of our “metal” front door with chalkboard paint…it’s fun because it’s magnetic! The sky is the limit for creativity! I’ll be visiting most days. Take care! *L*

25. Andrea - Faded Plains says:

Your door looks great…I so need to find a place in my kitchen that I can make a chalkboard something too…Oh…I can’t wait to see how your living room is turning out…I just know it’s gonna look beautiful.

26. Stephanie says:

Can’t wait to see it all done! I lub lub lub the door! And don’t worry, I’m a dweeb too, so I won’t hold it against you!

have to say- I am very inspired by your son’s your inspiring quote of the week ;)

now i need to find a door to chalkboard in my house!