To Do List

Hi, sweets!
I decided to share a list
of projects that I intend to tackle
before the holidays.
 Inspiration hit me last Thursday morning
so I got the sketch book out and started…sketching.
(If I don’t do that, an idea will leave my head as quickly as it entered. So frustrating.)
here’s my list in no particular order
except for the first two…
 …because yesterday, my facebook friends
got to cast their vote on my next project(s)!
 I can’t wait to get started on them.

I’ll provide tutorials for some,

including the things I intend to list on Etsy.

Which reminds me…
When I posted a tutorial for my laundry tote,
I was asked why I would provide a tutorial
for something I intended to sell.
Well, my lovelies, here’s how I see things:

There are two types of people.
(Some are both.)

People like me who look at something and say,
“Oh, I can make that.”
And so we do.
You are who my tutorials are for.
There are also people like me
who think they can’t make it,
simply don’t want to,
want to or are able to support Etsy artisans (thank you!),
or just don’t have time to make something.
You are who my (in progress) Etsy shop is for.
 Make sense?
Telling someone how to create what you sell
certainly isn’t Business 101,
but it makes me happy
so that’s what I’m gonna do.
So there.
[insert sarcasm font]
Be sure to stop by on Thursday…
I’ll be letting you in on my secret!

As always, thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments.
They really do motivate me and bring a smile to my face.
If you haven’t heard from me yet, you will!
Forgot this…♥

1. Stephanie says:

You must have a lot of denim to spare looking at your list :) I am right with you on the tutorials. I am sure I can make some stuff, and some I just don’t want to. I love supporting Etsy and all the beautiful things you can get, I am never disappointed with my purchases. {and most of the time what I buy is way better than what I could of made anyways}

2. I think my heart actually skipped a beat when I saw Anthropologie faux copper tutorial. Eeek! Why oh why must you keep dishing out this stuff when you know that my little old heart can’t take it? haha! I love that you are so giving. I’m shooting hugs your way via internet!

Oh honey, now you are just making me guilty. I made a list…and then rearranged it a gazillion times while I keep getting inspired by something new.

I can’t wait to see all those things on your list though – particularly your bedroom flip flop fix (LOL) and the living room reveal….

4. Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

Oooo can’t wait! I really love the little baby shoes you create :)

5. Deb says:

Oh yes, I support the etsy artisans…I love etsy! Looking forward to seeing all your wonderful work! Deb

6. My heart is always touched when I hear people want to share. I love your work and I love to create and sew myself. I am so modivated with your amazing projects, it makes me want to do more. I am not a big etsy shopper but I do shop from others blogs. I opened my own etsy store a couple years ago but I don’t have time to manage it.

I’ll look forward to seeing your compleated projects.

Thank you so much for sharing and being who you need to be. Your a great example.

big hugs

7. From one fellow list person to another. Love your notebook w/ the to do list!
    On tutorials, I fall somewhere in between the ‘I can do that myself’ group and the ‘I’d rather buy it outright ’cause I know I’ll never get around to doing it myself’ group.
    Sometimes we just need a piece that’s already done to give inspiration for the stuff we are about to do. That was my thought when ordering your cute laundry bag. I plan to work it into my laundry room makeover project.
    And I’m definitely into supporting talented artists like you! You are very gifted and the fact that you share your techniques makes you even more inspiring to me.

8. d. reyné says:

I totally get what you are saying…My book page wreath tutorial is on my sidebar and cresendo…but I well at leat one every once in a while in my etsy shop!
    So I think you make alot of sense!
    I love your precious to-do list…Can’t wait to see it all!
    Have a wonderful rest of the week!

9. julie says:

This is a great list! I can’t wait to see it come to fruition. I’m looking forward to the paint flip. And the reveal of the secret! Fun fun!

10. JANE says:

You make me smile, Jami. You are such a busy bee. How you do it with one year old twins is beyond me. Oh, and I love the notebook photo – did you photograph that or create it using a fancy programme? Newbies like me need to know these things! J x

11. Wow, that is quite a list, and I will be here to cheer you on the whole way :) So glad you are sarcastic, and nice simultaneously!

12. Jane says:

That is an ambitious list but from the short time I’ve been following I can already tell that you’ll get it don.
    I couldn’t agree with you more about sharing ideas and posting tutorials. I like sharing for those that want to create (and love when others do too) but there are plenty of folks that would rather just buy an item than sit down and create it (my sister is my prime example).
    I enjoy seeing the process of your projects and appreciate your sharing them.

13. Pam says:

I think it’s wonderful that you are doing tutorials on things you are also selling. That’s what is wonderful about blogland – people are so darn nice and helpful.

I would fall into the category of thinking that I can make that, then going to the store to buy all that is needed for it and then realizing that I should just go ahead and buy it since it would be cheaper and take less time.

14. awal.ny says:

You are so right about some can make it themselves, with or without a tutorial and those that will buy. One of my most treasured friends was a shop owner around the corner from me when I owned my shop. One of the most treasured moments I have is when I told her I would buy one of her crafts and she said no Alaina you will make one and I will help you. It was a wonderful day that I will forever keep in my memory bank, we spent the whole day outside her shop creating together. It is a true friend who knows how to share.

15. Finding Home says:

Like your business philosophy!

16. Sara Louise says:

I think the tutorial was wonderful and it was a lovely gesture to share it with everyone :-)

17. It’s not often that you find a soul like yours. You know people well and instead of faulting them for their behavior you encourage them in a positive fashion. Good for you! I am one of those people who sees things and then try to imitate it for my own use. However, I am definitely going to check out your Etsy site to purchase those things that I might not want to take the time to make myself!
    Thank you Jami!

18. Cant wait to see what you make!!! And hopefully buy some!! Hugs,Rachel

I completely agree with your philosophy! And I love your heart. (both of them.)

20. gail says:

can’t wait to see your denim projects! I have so much denim (think every size in the world of non-fitting blue jeans)
    ps to do list? Not me! I would only be sad that I didn’t get anything checked off!

21. Linden Townhouse says:

What a great list of to-dos! That is so sweet of you to offer tutorials on your projects. I do think so kindly of those who do this, even though they intend to sell their items. I think you will see that it is a win-win, and your business will be blessed for your generosity.

22. Lauri says:

You know what? I love your attitude about tutorials :) I think it is a great attitude to have – and I very much appreciate it. Thank you for sharing great things with us :)

23. julie says:

hey friend! you are sweet! i am one of those people that say “i can make that” and doesnt buy it and then never makes it! i am trying to be better about this! thanks for sharing all your tutorials! cant wait to hear about your good news tomorrow! come over for a visit! i have a post you might be interested in! xo

24. Karen says:

I, for one, appreciate your generous tutorial posts. Even if I don’t have time to make something I like and buy it it’s nice to see how it was made. Thank you.
    Karen at Garden, Home and Party dot com

25. Tricia - A Rosy Note says:

I can’t wait to see your completed projects Jami :) I think it is great that you provide tutorials and sell your items too. I love to make things, but sometimes I just don’t have the time :)

26. Brenda Kula says:

I think Etsy is one of the greatest things ever invented. I love that we bloggers share with one another. Makes it a great community to be a part of. Can’t wait to see those denim Christmas items on your list! Now I’m very curious.

27. I love your explanation~you are very kind to share your tutorials. I’m a denim junky, can’t get enough of it, so I’m interested in seeing the denim and vintage ornaments. My cowboy Christmas tree could probably use some.

28. Tracey says:

Hi!I’m a new follower to your Blog and I love it! You have great ideas and I have loved all the projects I have seen so far—thank you for sharing them with us!

29. I love supporting the artists on Etsy too. I don’t sew so I always appreciate when I can purchase an item someone has sewn for me. I always think it is so very generous when bloggers give out tutorials though. I can’t wait to see all the great projects you have planned!!

Ooh, I love your list! I can’t wait to see everything you make~ everything you make is always so beautiful! :) I am especially excited to see your living room! I just know it is going to be amazing. :)

I also love that you give tutorials on how to do things, even though you sell them, too. :)

I hope you are having a good week AND I cannot wait to hear your news on Thursday! :)

31. Hi Jami, You are a very busy lady! I am also a list maker. The only problem is I turn around and lose the list! Maybe Get Organized should be at the top of my list.
    xoxo, Sherry