Laundry Bags

Happy Monday.
Thanks again for not going anywhere
while I wrap up a few things around here.
I’m nearly at the point where I
can devote more time to other projects again…
and tell you what I’m so excited for.
Sorry to keep you waiting.
I’m not only a blogger but a mommy too
and a sick Chicken Nugget required lots of cuddles this weekend
and there was nary a moment to wrap things up.
Gratefully, my mother watched the babes
while I whipped up a wedding gift on Friday.
 His and her laundry bags.
With a lavender sachet that holds a piece of chalk.
(Next time, I’ll write in cursive with a chalk pen.)

In addition to money,
I like to give a gift as well.
I told you I was a little old-fashioned.

How about you?

And, I’m a blogger
so one photo simply will not do.
Here is my new label.
I found a vintage, rubber stamp set complete with
two sizes of letters and numbers for 50 cents
at a yard sale over the summer.
With a little fabric ink,
I decided to use it for handmade labels.

What do you think?
  I went simple with the wrapping.
Brown craft paper, embellished with a crystal,
hemp rope, and a vellum quote.
“When I saw you
I fell in love,
and you smiled
because you knew.”

I wasn’t able to attend the lakeside wedding
on Saturday so the husband went stag.
This mama wasn’t leaving her sick baby for nothin’.
Back to the laundry bags,
I posted a tutorial a while back
on how to make them.

The laundry bag is also
listed in my Etsy shop,
which should be fully stocked with other sweet things
by mid-November.
It’s huge and I use mine everyday.

I was going to post a To-Do list
of upcoming projects that I have planned
but this post is long enough.

I’ll add the list tomorrow.
(You’re going to love them!…I hope.)

There’s still time to “air your laundry.”
Party closes Tuesday at midnight.
or displaying my button,
or just stopping by for a visit.

And, welcome new readers.
Thank you.

1. Olive Cooper says:

It is very fitting for you to make and gift these lovely bags. I like the labels as well. Have a blessed week and I hope the golden nugget gets well. I called my kid a golden nugget. hugs♥olive

2. Stephanie says:

Jami those are so adorable. What a special gift they got. I love your tags, so cute. I hope your little one starts feeling better.

3. They’re darling… I think it’s so neat to give a gift as well!

4. Oh Jami… I love this bag so much, and I am soooo proud of you. I can only imagine what else you will delight us with. I love thoughtful handmade items and this was the perfect gift for the newlyweds. Love your new tag, and I forgot to say earlier, hope the little man is getting better. You are such a good mom(I really should have just written an e-mail, or a book) and such a talented wonderful person(hold on, the hook is grabbing me offstage)…

5. Your label is lovely! What a cute gift. Love the touch of the crystal.

6. LOVE the laundry bags and the wrapping so much!! I am sure they were so happy to get them as gifts! Im off to your etsy shop now!! HUGS~ Rachel ;)

what a beautiful gift!!! and the wrap job was perfection :) Im sure the bride and groom were thrilled (or will be) when they get to open everything.

Poor sick baby! lots of hugs and kisses from CA!

8. Hi, Jami! Your package was waiting for me when I returned home last night. I love the blue jar, but was especially touched by your note, the nest, and the sachet. It is all just so wonderful!! I see a future blog post in the making……we just can’t help ourselves, can we??!!
    Thanks again for all the sweetness, Carol

9. I would have never thought to give laundry bags as wedding gifts, but yours are sooo beautiful, and it really does seem appropriate in the sweetest way. The bags, the quote, and the gift wrapping are just gorgeous, Jami!
    Hope your little Chicken Nugget is feeling better now. :)
    Hugs ~ Jo

I hope your little one is feeling better! What a lovely wedding gift and made with love. How very special. Have a good week, Jami.

11. What a delightful wedding gift, Jami! So creative and original, girl! You rock, you know that?? lol!

xoxo laurie

Oh, and hope your little CN is feeling like his little self again!:)

12. Stop it!!! they are fabulous love them!!!! xooxo Laura

Darling gifts and hope the nugget is on the mend!

14. I’m loving your little labels.

They definitely add a designer edge to your gorgeous girts.

15. Karen says:

Love the laundry bag and the way you gift wrapped them. So creative.

16. **Anne** says:

I love the laundry bag and the simplicity but beauty of your work. I hope your little chick is on the mend.

I love these Jami and the wrapping is just perfect and simple! And the quote…sigh…

Hope little chicken nugget is doing better!

18. gail says:

how sweet! I think it’s great to give a gift, in addition to $$$
    So sad to hear your little chicken nugget was under the weather. I hope things are a lot better today.

19. Tina says:

The laundry bags are fabulous Jami! I think handmade is perfection – lucky couple!! Love them ~ Tina xx

20. Andrea - Faded Plains says:

Your laundry bags are adorable…and I’m so lovin’ your new label…sweet and simple.

21. I just started a remake of my laundry area in preparation for my new washer and dryer so the laundry bag would be just perfect for that. I’m off to check your etsy link!
    Love your wrapping paper and embellisments too!
    Hope your little one is all better…

22. Sara Louise says:

I love the bags! Great gift idea, and I think the brown paper was the perfect touch :-)

23. Jen says:

These are super cute! And the wrapping I’m lovin! For me its all about the wrapping!

24. krazgrl says:

Hope the little nugget is feeling better soon. LOVE the laundry bags and especially love the simplicity of your wrapping paper. So cool!!

25. Hi Jami, What a fantastic wedding gift! These bags are adorable.
    xo, Sherry

26. Sorry your little one was sick. I always want to be home when mine are too, and they’re all getting bigger. It’s just part of being a mama I guess :-) You have some lovely photos here. That is a perfect gift!

27. Hello Honey Bunny! (Pardon the term of endearment but I just can’t help myself lol) I’ve missed you so! Your wedding gift is just divine and I’m going to have to check out this etsy shop. I can’t wait. The chalk is just the sweetest touch, and I’m sure after they are married for a while they will be able to fill in the blanks with all kinds of stuff…teehee. I hope the nugget is feeling better today.

Hi Jami~

I love everything about the gift! It is a perfect wedding gift and so beautifully put together, too! And I love the little tag you made as well! :)

I hope your son is feeling better, too. So glad you could stay with him~ your babies are so blessed to have you as a mom! :)

I hope things are going well for you this week! :)