Einstein and Shine

So I planned on sharing my
photo and crystal wire clothesline
to close out Bling Week
but in an Einstein moment,
I accidentally botched the freckled bedroom
(where said project is set to be hung).

I was painting late Thursday night
and accidentally painted the trim the wall color
and the wall, the trim color.
Who does that?
Well, I did.
But in my defense,
the colors are quite similar…
a white with warm gray undertones and just a warm white.
the yellow cast from the ceiling fixture
distorted the whites as I was painting.

I didn’t have my glasses on.
Oh wait. I don’t wear glasses.
I’m hoping to fix the ol’ switcharoo soon
and share the project as soon as it’s finished.
I do have some bling to share…
just not that bling.

You may have seen Miss Mustard Seed’s
beautiful German glass glitter letters.

I fall in love every time I see them.
I finally ordered some!
They are the first initials of each one of my 3 babes
and I adore them.
I also adored the reasonable price.
You won’t find a $13 hanger in her shop.

That glitter is so amazing up close.
It doesn’t sparkle like your typical craft glitter.
It shimmers and glistens and the visual texture is w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l.
It’s finely crushed glass, after all.
What a wonderful wedding gift these would make
to adorn a gift package or card with the couple’s monogram.
I’m a German glass glitter junkie now
and will be doing a quote above my sofa with it.
 The glitter is pure silver as in Miss Mustard Seed’s photos
but the reflection of my lights make it seem otherwise in the photographs.
Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend.

Completely forgot to tell you that
Miss Mustard Seed is hosting a Glitter Letter Workshop
in her new marketplace.
If I lived in the Walkersville, MD area,
I wouldn’t miss this for anything.
She’ll also be posting an online tutorial
for those of us that can’t make it.

So glad I’m not the only one to have scatterbrain moments. I swear I have adult-onset ADD. I get easily distracted with so much to do, and tend to leave one project unfinished while I put out another fire. :) In my defense, I do have four children who add to the mayhem.

2. gorgeous. love everything over at miss mustard seed. ordering the letters in your kiddos initials was a super cute idea. :)

3. julie says:

jami you crack me up! you poor thing having to repaint again! maybe you need glasses! ha! cant wait to see it in all its glory! i love glitter letters! i made a glitter “5″ for my girls party hat this weekend! love the glitter!

4. Rachel says:

Oh, that totally sounds like something I would do! The difference being that I would wait a day or two just to see if I could live with the switcheroo without having to repaint!!

Have a great weekend!

5. ~*~*so adorable!love those..will have to check out her shop!! Hugs,Rachel~~*~*

6. I did something like that once. We only had two days to order paint and wallpaper for a house we were buying out of town, I mixed up the colors and the walls and trim were mixed up…but it was the whole upstairs! Never did get it all changed. Three little ones and a late night can do it! Love the glitter letters! Take care and have a good Sunday.
    love ya,

oh no!!!! im so tired of painting… but we still need to repaint my bedroom (no more blue) and paint the boys room and the play room…. sigh…

and thos eglitter letters- oh! how I love them. I drool everytime she posts them somewhere. and have you seen the butterflies? to. die. for.

LOL…that just cracks me up! Did it look lovely anyway…do you really need to switcharoonie? The white with the warm grey does sound beautiful…mmmm, can’t wait to see it no matter which way it is. :-) Those letters are just stunning too!!

Thanks for sharing honey!

9. Becky says:

I did something like that too, I think I inhaled to many paint fumes! What girlie girl doesn’t love glitter and sparkles! I love miss mustard seed she is amazing, almost as awesome as you.

Sorry about your little mishap, Jami. I’ve done it as well on a piece of furniture I was painting for a client. I did the whole second coat of the dresser in the wrong color…what was I thinking. Oh well…those things happen I guess! It makes for a good laugh later. Yes, i love the glitter letters, too. I ordered some a few weeks ago form Miss Mustard Seed and love them!

11. Tricia - A Rosy Note says:

That’s too bad about your bedroom, especially when ya think about how much work painting is. Love the glittery letters…super cute :)

12. I was just reading about
    her glittered letters ~
    They are wonderful !
    I want to take
    her class soooo bad !

13. Oooh BUMMER, Jami! That must have been a fine thing to wake up to… you go to check out all the hard work you did the night before only to find out THAT!! You’re a trooper… look forward to seeing it when you get it redone. :)
    Great glitter letters! Thanks for sharing them with us and where they’re from.
    Happy Sunday!
    ~ Jo :)

14. I would love to make pies with you too, Jami.
    The glitter letters are lovely and it was a great idea to get one initial for each of your little ones. MMS creates some beautiful things.

15. Hi Jami! Thank you so much for your comments, for visiting, for following…..I am just thrilled! Can you believe I won that? What a hoot! I can’t wait to see all the goodies. Your blog is great….love your name especially. I’ll be adding you to my dailies as well.

Please visit again soon….Carol

16. I had to drop you one more quick note. I just took your rosette tutorial. I LOVE IT! I’ll be making those for everything. Thanks so much for sharing that.

17. OneCraftyFox says:

Eek! Sorry to hear about your painting glitch, that sounds like work to re-do.

Those Mustard Seed letters look fabulous, I’m going to check out the link now!

Hope you’re having a great weekend :)

18. Debby says:

Love the letters, so sweet! Oh no, the painting debacle sounds like something I would do… I guess the moral of the story is not to paint when tired. Hope your weekend is going well… I am now your newest follower. xo

19. I too, have a wee bit of a “thing” for glitter!

m ^..^

Oh, no! I am sorry about the painting thing! I have so been there!

I love those letters, by the way! I think it will look really pretty to use them for a quote! :)

I hope you had a fun weekend!

21. Sara Louise says:

The mismatched painting… I would totally do that too!!