Antique Hanger Petite Chandy

Bling Week Project #2: Antique Hanger Petite Chandy
I picked up this antique hanger at a local antique shop
but it almost didn’t come home with me.
The price tag read, $13.00 which I thought was
a tad on the high[way robbery] side for a hanger albeit “antique.”
I know you antique dealers gasped at that price, too.
I grabbed the hanger and set off on my search for the shop owner.
(Mind you, this “shop” is 3 floor labyrinth of vintage distractions.)
When I finally found him I asked,
“Bob. Do you have anything similar to this hanger?
This one is a bit out of my price range.”
He looked the hanger and asked what the price tag said.
I told him.
I know he wanted to gasp, too.
“We’ve had this sitting in the shop for a while.
You can have it for half off.”

And the six fiddy hanger came home with me.
Thus concludes my story.
everything I used for the project was purchased
on sale in the jewelry making section at JoAnn,
excluding the hanger and large crystal prisms.
I didn’t put together a picture tutorial
for this one because it really is quite simple.
You will need…
A vintage hanger.
If you don’t have one, you can use a metal hanger from the dry cleaner.
A white one would be quite lovely as a matter of fact.
Crystal prisms and beads.
You can even use vintage jewelry to dangle from the monofilament.
Anything else you want to dangle.
I paid $1.49 on sale for the silver {thing/pendant} with the crystal center.
To assemble…
I simply tied the monofilament to one end of the hanger,
strung my crystals in the order I wanted them,
pulled it tightly, and tied off the other end.
Then, I tied monofilament to either side of the silver {thing}
and just draped it over the neck of the hanger.
I also added a tiny, tear drop crystal to the silver thing
with monofilament tied at the bottom center.
That’s it.
I adore it’s vintage chic style and I cannot wait
to finish my living room to show you where I put it.
It adds just the right amount of sparkle.
 Are you tired of my Target vase filler crystals yet?
I hope not because I have one more project coming tomorrow,
granted I can actually get a moment to paint our bedroom today.
If not, I’ll post on Saturday.
And please say a prayer for my digital SLR camera.
Baby girl grabbed the strap hanging every so slightly off the kitchen table
and it went crashing to the tile.
I think it’s sick.
I almost stopped breathing.
My photos aren’t as clear but I’m hoping it’s the rain
and lack of sunlight a la Twilight’s Town of Forks.
Haven’t had the camera long enough to notice.
Ooh. Before I forget…
The Sparkle Party will be a regular thing around here.
Now I just need your help deciding
weekly or monthly?
Remember, I’m about a 4 on the 1-10 bling scale.
I don’t want to get sparkled out.

This project is linking with
It’s So Very Cheri, Someday Crafts, Transformation Thursdays @ The Shabby Chic Cottage,
The Shabby Nest, Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home,
Make it for Monday at Cottage Instincts, Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special
Finding Fabulous, White Wednesday at Faded Charm, Beyond the Picket Fence,
Under the Table and Dreaming.

1. Stephanie says:

Jami, I just remembered all the bling I did at my daughter’s wedding last year! Your target vase fillers reminded me.
    I added those to the corners of her damask table toppers I made. I was crazy with the bling during that planning time {in a good way, not tacky} so I am excited to link up to your party, weekly or monthly. Love the hanger, as always simple yet elegant.

2. I love your haggling! Go, you! From full price to vhalf off – that’s a very persuasive look you must have there!

With the link party, if you’re only about a four onthe bling scale, could you change it to something like, ‘Make it Sparkle’ – to include things that people have ‘bought to life’, rather than just bling, eg. upcycled objects?

I’d love to support it but I’m about a 1 on the bling scale (hence the mother-of-pearl cushion!!), and if you’re only a four, then you might not want to look at sparkles every week.

Anyway, only a thought…

3. Go Girl, I love your imagination and sparkel, and you have guts girl. I’d love to be included in your sparkles group weekly. I’m going to see if you have a button to grab.

4. Love the chandy Jami, even better still, I love the way you photograped it. Looks smashing darling! I vote monthly, I am about a 2 on that bling scale and I can’t always post projects by my kids(it’ll start to look lazy or something,lol).

5. Ozma of Odds says:

…I love this!! I bet if you were to hang it in a window, you’d have rainbows every sunny day!!
    xo, Rosemary

6. Pamela says:

THis is really neat Jami! Very inventive and creative.
    Pamela xo

7. Brenda Kula says:

What a super idea! I love it, and it could also go out in my garden hanging from a tree. Or even my pavilion! Now I’ll be obsessed with it.

8. Lolo says:

I was thinkin the same thing as Rosemary :) I love that this is “mobile” and can be moved here, there and wherever! And of course, gotta love a good deal – its my fav part!! All this bling bling is getting me excited about my chandie facelift!

9. Roselle says:

I love this! Go you on the haggling!
    Happy WW

10. Lei says:

So simple, so lovely… I’m here via It’s So Very Cheri. Love this! ♥

This is so cute, Jami! And I love that you negotiated for a better price! (And a more fair price at that, I think!)

I was trying to think of what I could post on for Bling Week, but didn’t think of it until it was too late! :) I love what you have done for it so far, and can’t wait to see what you have next!

I hope you have a beautiful day!

$13 for a hanger- ANY HANGER- is just obscene!

but its worth way mroe than that now! GORGEOUS!

and I said a little prayer for your camera… so sad… I would have died. fallen to the ground in a heap and cried. any chance you have a warranty kind of thingy on it? the one I got at best buy on my DSLR covers everything except total submersion!

13. Hi Jami,

This is just adorable. Very inspiring..thanks so much sharing.

Oh, and what is The Sparke Party??? Sounds like I would like it…please let me if you don’t mind…as for weekly or monthly..I have an awful time remembering {once a month things}.

I’m visiting for White Wednesday. I’d love to have you pop in for a visit.♥

Have a wonderful day,

14. Robin says:

OMG so beautiful… I think I am with you on the sparkle scale… maybe I’m a 5… who knows anyway this is beautiful… and I shall send up a prayer for your DSL camera… thanks for stopping by my blog ^.^

It’s very sweet. Very clever, Jami! It would be cute above a baby’s crib or in a nursery. I’ll say a little prayer for your camera.

16. Ahhhh… you were inspired by the “bling” in my bedroom, huh, Jami? LOL! What an adorable idea, girl! Love the deal you got on the neat hanger, the blingy prisms, and how you brought them together! Beeeautiful, girl! :)

xoxo laurie

17. Tricia - A Rosy Note says:

I couldn’t believe it when I saw that $13 price tag. WOW. I’m about a 1 on the sparkle scale, so I’m not very much help in telling you how often you should have your linkup :)

Jami, this is just gorgeous and so pretty and simple. It really is the simple things that bring the big joy, isn’t it!!

Now…I just need to find me some bling to link up when you do this monthly party!!…oh yeh, I vote monthly – only becaues I don’t think I could bling it up once a week ;-)

Super hugs

19. Amber says:

Hi Jami! Super adorable tutorial!So glad to see Edyn wearing her {Starfish} bling :) Glad to know it’s tasty too! xo…Amber

20. Now its a wire hangelier. Go girl go!!!

I would have choked on the $13 price tag as well.

21. julie says:

Way to go on scoring yourself a deal! That hanger is beautiful. Where are you planning on hanging it and how, may I ask, if your family room redo coming along?

I think that once a month is good for the bling bling. Have a great weekend!

22. The Wool Acorn says:

That is ridiculously cute. Although, I’m still gasping over $6.50 for a hanger. Love the thing. Sorry to hear about the camera… can you wrap it in a blanket and let sit quietly for a few days???

23. ~*~*Love it Jami!! So pretty!!~*~*

24. Good morning, thank you for becoming my follower. I thought I sent you an e-mail last night, but it came back this morning. You are so nice and cute to want to send me a doily. I love either color. I’d love to have something from you for my new white table. Give me you address too and I send something to you.

cindy geilmann
    2256 West Hobbs Drive
    South Jordan, Utah 84095

big hugs

25. Charlene says:

Obviously quite simple but very, very pretty. Thanks for posting this great idea!

26. I’m glad you’re going to do this again. Either monthly or weekly would be fun. That hanger has a cute sparkle to it!

27. So simple, sweet, and elegant!

28. Ack! I absolutely love this. L.O.V.E. And here I was thinking I was the only one with a vase-filler obsession. (In case you’re curious, I used them as trim on a bookshelf skirt:

Anyway, thanks so much for making me really jealous with all your fabulous ideas. ♥

29. This is so in between shabby chic and elegant! Oh’ how I would love to make something like this.

30. Sabreen says:

SPOTTED: Hanging Vintagely

Loved the idea & have blogged about it. Would love it if you’d take a look & comment. xx

31. Как красиво я бы с удовольствием купила такое!