September – looking back and looking ahead

My babies are turning one this month.
It seems like only moments ago,
they were a brand new couple
doing natural twin things like this…
…that would make me so happy that I’d well up
with tears, drop the camera, look up,
and thank God for them.
Honestly, I did.

My sweet, sweet Edyn and Grey.
The twins I had prayed for my whole life.
We have come such a long way since…
…survival of the fittest and the {barely} rested.
September around here is going to be a little less
vintage home related and a little more vintage baby.
(Don’t say I didn’t warn you. It’s in my header.)
I have a party to plan a la cookie monster,
inspired by these photographs.

Source: Real Parties

Invitations…decorations…favors…two fondant cakes…cupcakes

(I have no idea how to get that little squiggly thing over the n.)
And much to my joy,
I’ll get to tap into more of the “laundry” part of freckled laundry.
Handmade vintage style clothing and shoes
for my babies…and yours if you like.
Better hop off the blog and fire up the sewing machine
because I haven’t even started yet and we’re partying on the 25th.

Yeah, I work best under pressure.
And if you have any cookie monster inspiration,
I’m listening!
I am seconds away from doing this…

But for some reason, it just doesn’t
quite say boy and girl twins turning 1.
But they are sweet as honey.

1. ~*~*So sweet Jami~*~* ***Happy Birthday to your little blessings!!***~*~*~ Rachel

2. Beckie says:

Oh your pictures are so precious! Happy Birthday to your sweet babies..can’t wait to see the will be fabulous to say the least!

3. Decorchick! says:

Oh my goodness. That first picture is SOOOO precious!!! And the second one with everyone napping. Ahh twins, how awesome that would be. I think? :) A Cookie Monster party sounds so fun. Can’t wait to see it all!

4. Aww that first pic is just beautiful, it really made me smile :) How exciting is your month going to be, planning your bubbas’ party! Congratulations to you and to them :)
    xx Karen
    ps. paper bag pinatas are really easy to make and do the trick, much easier than paper mache…I have no idea how to get the squiggles above the letters either, lol.

5. Jami dear, those babies truly ARE a gift from God! How sweet and precious, but I can’t imagine how you have time to do anything (let alone blog and decorate your home!!)
    One baby at a time was all I could handle and I was pooped! What a great month ahead of you, I know you’ll have so much fun.
    hugs and blessings,

6. Carla says:

Jami, thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful children. What a blessing they are, I know.!

7. Oh Jami! How precious are they!?! Congrats on making it to a year with little twin babies. I’d probably collapse after the first month so you are definitely deserving of a big “Way to Go!!”.

I swear we are kindred spirits…my music I cannot live without. I am one of those gals who has a soundtrack to my life. Once I get all these songs shifted into my itunes I’ll send it to ya, on me, free of charge, no giveaway needed. All cause I like you that much! Much love to you and I can’t wait to see the baby inspired posts. How you even have time to create the treasures that you do and blog about it is beyond me…

Two gorgeous bundles of love turning one (… and yes, that first photo is BE-A-U-TIFUL!!!) How exciting and amazing!! Fondant cakes…yummy!! I made marshmallow fondant for Boo’s first birthday – sorry no Cookie Monster tips – and even though it was only two years ago, those two years have ZIPPED by…enjoy!!

9. JANE says:

How gorgeous, Jami! They are so divine. Well done, you, for surviving that first year. We always say that has been the hardest with our pixies. The first birthday celebrations are really for the parents to congratulate them on making it through! J x

10. Your babies are so adorable, happy birthday little ones! My sister has twins in March.

11. I am soooo in love with your blog! These party ideas are INCREDIBLE!!! But, my fav was your precious babies at the top!!!

12. Kristin says: are they not absolutely adorable! i am *loving* their names…couldn’t be any more precious!!
    i can’t wait to see how their first celebration turns out…
    Happy Birthday sweet as honey babies!!

prairie hugs,

13. Lisa says:

You’re going to have so much fun designing and celebrating the twin’s birthday. Can’t wait to see.

Here’s how to type a tilde over an “n”. Type the option key plus n and then type n. At least that’s how it works on a Mac.

What a fabulous thing to celebrate. Your babies, (and you) deserve to party. I’m excited to see what you come up with.

15. Such precious babies and photos! How ever do you get anything done! Both party ideas are adorable, but sweet as honey certainly suits those precious little ones.

16. Your babies are SO adorable! I vaguely remember those sleepless nights (LOL)! What a fun idea for a party… can’t wait to see what creative things you come up with.
    Take care,
    ~ Jo :)

17. Linden Townhouse says:

Oh, what sweet little ones! (I am a twin myself.) What fun it will be to plan their first birthday party.

18. Love that first picture of your twins (such precious names, too!) I think your cookie monster theme idea is FUN! I love Cookie Monster when I was a kiddo.

19. vintage girl at heart says:

I did not realize you have baby twins!!!
    Oh my goodness they are so sweet!!!
    How do you find the time to be soo creative and blog???
    You are Blessed!!!
    Happy One Year to Your Precious Bundles!!

20. Lorie says:

They are just about the cutest things ever! Happy birthday to them!

PS – directions to type a ñ (tild) here:

Just in case you ever want to. I just learned like 5 seconds ago! ;D

21. Jamie, The first picture just melts my heart. Your babies are absolutely adorable!
    Hugs, Sherry

22. That first picture of them, is so cute. I wish I had some ideas for you, but that time has passed for me my boys are 17 and 20, but I love the Cookie Moster theme. He’s one of my favorite Seseme Street characters. I grew up with Cookie Monster.

23. Aw, that is such a sweet picture! I can’t imagine what it’s like to have twins. One baby at a time is hard enough! Congrats on surviving a year! :)

Your photos are precious! I didn’t know you had twins. How fun! I love their names. So exciting that they are turning 1! I admire you for all you get done with all of your projects, tutorials, responding to emails, etc. and raising little ones. Have fun party planning!

25. terrid614 says:

ohhhh my goodness what super duper sweet little blessing god has graced you with! that pic of them kissing is sooo adorable and the one of the three of you is just precious! have fun planning for their special day!! god bless, t

26. Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

I just found your blog and I am in LOVE! Your twins are precious–that picture melted my heart!

You are a girl after my own heart with your fab crafting and decorating style! I am your newest follower and I have bookmarked your blog for a future feature on Little Miss Momma–perhaps even a guest post if you were interested!

you rock!

27. Adorable Jami! Love the party idea, how cute is that!?! Oh, too, Freckled Baby(Freckled Babies?) would be alright as a title too, I’ll be here for that one as well:)

28. Holly says:

The cookies monsters are going to be so cute…but I am partial to bees!

Enjoy your babies birthdays and celebrate yourself too!

29. An Aspiring Writer says:

hi Jami! i was awestrucked to say the least when i saw the picture of your baby twins kissing eash other in slumber.. you are blessed to capture a rare moment! i would like to ask for your permission to copy that picture to my blog, and blog about it. i hope it’s okay with you!

please do stop by and read about it, i assure you the picture is an inspiration for good things!