Rainy Monday Morning…

I don’t know about you,
but I love a rainy day.

This rainy, Monday morning has provided
me the opportunity to wash
the linens, slipcovers, rugs, etc.
Seriously. Who takes a picture of their laundry?
Freckled laundry does, of course.
At the end of the day,
my bed will be a sea of texture
with white fluffy towels, dreamy linens,
and comfy cotton in all it’s purity.
I’ll want to climb right in among the piles
and surround myself with softness
as the soothing smell of white lilacs
permeate the air.
It’s raining today and I love it.
I’ll be washing all of my whites
and lugging load after load up and down
my creepy basement stairs because we do not yet
have the modern convenience of first floor laundry.
I’ll fold them in my bedroom
in neatly stacked piles that are safe from six tiny hands.
I would fold them on the laundry table in the basement
but quite honestly, basements frighten me.
(Actually, spiders frighten me and spiders like basements.)
I will enjoy the beauty of all the white texture
and everything being fresh and clean
while thinking to myself,
“You just have to love white, Jami. Don’t you?”
At the end of the day,
my back will ache from the fifteen trips up and down the stairs
(throw in a couple extra for unbalanced loads that need adjusting)
so I’ll fall into the soft piles that I can’t believe I still have to put away,
until a twin cries or a seven-year-old needs a cheese sandwich.
Oh, and the white lilac smell?
That would be this
Tide Pure Essentials in White Lilac scent

I love laundry days.

if you didn’t catch yesterday’s post,
I am so happy to be a finalist in the DIY Club’s Top 12.
I’d love it if you’d click here and vote for my faux zinc nightstand.
Winner announced on Friday.
Thank you so much.

1. Kristi says:

Mmmm… I LOVE rainy days! Wish we were having one here. Aside from a rainy day, there’s nothing like clean sheets on the bed!

~ The Speckled Dog

2. There is nothing better
    than fresh smelling fluffy
    sheets and pillows to
    snuggle in to ~

That sounds pretty good right now !

3. Pam says:

I’m with you on the whole basement situation. I always would run up my steps when I was bringing the laundry up because you never know what’s behind you or worse yet, under the stairs. Sounds like I need counseling for my basement issues.

4. Fresh bedding is about the best thing ever.

My laundry is also in the basement and I don’t love it. Ick.

5. Andrea says:

love getting into bed after it’s been washed! I am very jealous of your rainy day. It has been hovering at 100 degrees here and we’re roasting!

6. Pamela says:

Your my soul mate! I love doing laundry!!! Everyone thinks i’m insane and i love ironing it is so relaxing. What a great way to spend a rainy Monday. It’s not raining here but I am doing laundry.
    I will have to try that tide brand too!
    Great post Jami.
    Pamela xo

Hi Jami~

I like laundry in moderation! I end up doing about three loads (at least) a day to keep up with every one, though…I can relate a little to the basement thing, only our “laundry room” is in our garage. :)

I am going to have to try your Lilac detergent for sure! It is going on my Target list right now!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Beautiful Nest

8. Loved this post…because I too would take a photo of my laundry (blogging does that sort of thing to you). And I too love that scented Tide.

I’ve been folding stacks and stacks of laundry this weekend, so I’m right there with you!

9. Rainy days are lovely aren’t they? I LOVE to get into a bed with fresh linens, ooooh! My husband makes fun of me, I guess I make happy noises, but doesn’t it feel right, like you said, comfy and cozy!!! Gotta go do some washing!!

10. Linden Townhouse says:

I love to do laundry too, but I like sunny days for this. (The old clothesline!) It is very sastisfying to see those piles of clean clothes.

11. My Yellow House says:

I love a rainy day! We sure could use one around here! I have a creepy old basement too which makes me hate to do laundry. The smells, spiders and dirt run me out of there real quick! Yesterday was the first day I used my new tote and it was so much fun going from room to room gathering clothes and throwing them in! :) It made it a little more fun.

12. julie says:

Today is my laundry day as well. In fact, I need to get off this computer and start folding! Spiders give me the creeps as well. I don’t care if they eat other insects, keep them away from me. Hope you’re having a great Monday!

13. Rachel says:

Hi there – I found your blog through Brooklyn Limestone.
    I’m really jealous of you that you are able to fold laundry on a rainy day today! It’s been so hot and dry here, I would love to see a rainy day. And I happen to love clean laundry too!

I’m off to vote now for your zinc nightstand project now – it’s the reason I’m over here. It’s fab, and I’m trying to figure out what I can faux-zinc in my home now.

Now THAT’s how you put the silver lining into doing the laundry!

15. Teresa says:

You are so sweet! You actually had me going that laundry can be such a joy and all gets put away by those wee little hands. I have to hang out the flags and make a loud announcement that the laundry is in their rooms to be put away… just in case they didn’t trip over it while going through their bedroom door. You know they say “I just didn’t see it!” You shake your head and ask them to turn on the light and look down, just so they will be safe ;)

Always, Teresa

16. Jen says:

I hate laundry…but you make it sound so fun & relaxing!!!! How can that be!!!! Now I want it to rain & break out some beautiful baskets to put all my beautifully folded laundry in!!!

17. Bekki says:

We used to have a basement laundry, two washing machines and a dryer on the other side of the room from the washers. It only worked half the time and I usually hung everything out to dry, which meant carrying wet laundry up the stairs out to the back of the 1/2 acre(with 2 or 3 little ones in tow) hanging it and bringing it all in. And now? I have a lovely room next to the kitchen and I miss the old one dark basement and all.

I did hang a few work lamps to brighten the space and cover the concrete in gym mats that I bought at Sam’s. Eventually we had a sofa and toys down there in our unfinshed basement. We loved hanging out there on hot summer days. I just made sure to vaccum often. :)

Now I must go do some laundry, and pull in the load off the line. You have inspired me to get it done!