Eye am so sorry…

I know that I was supposed to share a
vintage trunk refinish,
but it seems I’m an accident waiting to happen.

Yesterday, my sweet baby girl
accidentally got me in the eye with her fingernail
and removed a section of my cornea.
Gross, right?
You have no idea.
No worries though.
The ER doc made it go away.
The pain comes back every few hours
but I just hit it with my magic eyedrops.
I’m working with about 25% less vision
than I had on Saturday.
the cornea heals pretty quickly
and I can now (barely) handle the bright light
of a computer screen.
But sadly,
there is permanent eye damage
because of the extensive abrasion.
that being said,
I’m sharing a back up post
with you this week…
I’ll put it together tomorrow morning
after my optometrist appointment.
Thanks for listening.
On a positive note,
I’ve reached 200 followers!
Thank you so much.
A hug to each of you.

1. Decorchick! says:

Oh Jami I am so, so sorry!! That has to be painful. Hope your eye feels better soon and that your vision gets better. *Hugs*

Oh, Jami. I am so sorry. What a horrible thing to have happen! I’ll keep you and your daughter in my prayers tonight.

3. Ouch! You poor wee thing :( Look after yourself, and congrats on getting 200 followers, woohoo!

xx Karen

4. Oh no! That is awful! From one mother to another, I know what those kinds of accidents are like. I hope you feel better sooner than later and no worries, your eye for style isn’t damaged so rock on!

Oh gosh Jami! I hope you heal quickly and will send lots of love and light your way; for you and your baby girl.

But yay you, 200 in no time! A testament to your talent honey!

Now go rest! xoxo

6. I’m glad that your ok, I had to touch me eyes reading this one. I wear glasses and can’t see without them, so when it comes vision and seeing…I don’t play around one bit.
    Congratulations on reaching 200

Oh no! That sounds so painful~ just reading your post made my eyes hurt. (Sympathy pains, I guess!) The eyes are so sensitive, I can’t even imagine how much that hurt!

Now, on reaching the 200 mark, CONGRATULATIONS! :)

I am going to be praying for that eye of yours, Jami! I hope it heals quickly!

Blessings to you,

8. Miranda says:

Oh my word!! Poor you! I’m so sorry. I’ve missed your posts, but now I see why. I hope your eye heals super fast with minimal damage. :(

9. Jami, I feel for you. The exact same thing happened to me when my youngest was 2. It is extremely painful… Hope it heals FAST!

10. Maggie says:

Yikes! I hope your eye heals super quickly and that you can kind of take it easy the next few days!

11. Maria says:

Oh my gosh, Jami! praying for your eye to heal. Your blog is fantastic.

12. Pamela says:

That’s horrible Jami! I hope everything is going to be okay with your vision!!
    Take care..hope all goes well with your
    Pamela xo

13. Oh no! :’-(
    I hope you get to feeling better soon &
    CoNgRaTs on 200 followers!! *Yay!*

I just started my own blog & would ♥ for
    you to follow me back!! Thank you bunches!!

14. Oh, that is an unfortunate accident. I used to be a nurse, and recall several patients with cornea abrasions. Painful and unpleasant. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Congrats on 200!!!

and Im so sorry to hear about your eye :( how scary and painful. I hope the pain goes away quickly and the damage is not extensive.

16. My Yellow House says:

Hi Jami!
    For heaven’s sake….stay off this computer while it heals! :) I recently had a corneal ulcer and the pain was indescribable…I am so sorry for you. Take it easy.

Did you get my email……I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bag! :)

17. Lisa says:

Jami, I’m so sorry about your eye. I’m wishing you a speedy recovery.

18. Dear Jami–Ouch! That sounds so painful! I’m glad you were able to get to the doctor quickly, and that he had “magic eye drops” for you! I’ll pray for your eye. My 23 year old son had a scratch on his cornea when he was 3 and there was no permanent damage. Praying the same for you.

Congratulations on your 200th follower!

I just read about your eye! You poor thing! I hope you feel better real soon. Take care of yourself.

20. Nancy says:

Okay, so am I the only one wanting an update :) so sorry to hear about the accident. Just how much permanent damage?! Ouch!!!