Fabric Rosette Tutorial

Happy Friday!

A couple of you loves asked if I would do a tutorial
on how to make the chunky, fabric rosette
that I made for my chair.

I thought a video tutorial would be easiest.

So…

I hope you find it helpful.
(…and please excuse the video quality.)

If you used much less fabric,
you can also make a tiny fabric rosette too.
I attached one to the end of a hairpin…

Instead of rolling the fabric AWAY from the center,
I rolled or “flipped and turned!” it toward the middle.
I prefer this look.
If you’d like a video tutorial for this fabric rosette method, just let me know in the comments!

This post is linking with
Simply Designing
Under the Table and Dreaming

Please visit the link parties button in the sidebar for more.

And…Thank You SO MUCH to Sam at Mom.Undecided.
for giving freckled laundry my very first blog award!

fabric flower tutorial, fabric rose tutorial, fabric rosette tutorial,
rolled rose tutorial, video tutorial, easy fabric flower tutorial,
simple fabric flower tutorial, freckled laundry, flower video,
simple rolled rosette video

Comments

1. Roseanna says:

Wonderful. Thank you!

The funnest part was hearing your voice. In this silly online world we don’t share that part of ourselves very often. Lovely rosette, too.

3. I love it and it’s so easy! Thanks for the great tutorial… next time lets see your face! LOL!

Tania

4. Becky says:

so helpful. I am a visual learner so I think I can/will attempt to make some of these for a cute pillow. Thanks for sharing. I love how the ladies in bloggy land are so generous with their ideas!

5. Very Cute! Fun new way to make a chunky rolled rose! Love it!!

6. Just looking at my comment…it really isn’t 1:25 am here…only 10:25! I saw that and thought dang, I need to go to bed!

7. thanks so much for sharing. ilove seeing everyone’s different little takes and tips!

8. I love how chunky they look! Thanks for the tut!

9. lush stuff says:

It makes it so much easier to see how something is made.Thanks for sharing.

10. Thanks for stopping by my place and becoming a follower and I am now following you. Great blog!

11. Thanks so much for the easy peasy tutorial.

12. Thank you so much for linking up! What a great way to do a tute!!

13. Heather says:

Hi! Thank you for stopping by my blog and giving such a great tutorial! I can’t wait to make one, I think it will be the perfect no fuss Sunday craft. I love the fresh look of your blog and can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

14. I’m so glad I found you (I think at Funky Junk) and am dying to try this rosette. It’s just lovely. Thanks for sharing!
    ~~Nancy~~

15. Shelia says:

I’ve been making this shabby roses for a short time but it’s so nice to see someone else do it.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

16. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

17. Thanks…I’m so glad you shared this. My daughter really enjoys making her own flowers and now she can add this one to her collection.

18. fitty's pinky rose cottage says:

thanks for the tutorial. not so difficult to do.. have a great day!

19. wonderful proyect! thanks for sharing.

Hugs
    Charo

20. Hi Jami! I have a surprise for you – Check out the Sunday Showcase post =) Thanks again for joining the party. Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

21. Thanks so much for sharing this great tutotiral and for linking up to our weekly party! Come back tomorrow!

22. Alison says:

I can’t tell you how much I adore this! Thank you so much for the fabulous tutorial!! I featured this tutorial today on my blog with a roundup of flower tutorials. Here is the link:

Thank you so much for inspiring me. Have a wonderful day!

~Alison

23. I referenced your video tutorial here:
    Hope you don’t mind!
    xoxo
    Nancy

24. terrid614 says:

thanks so much! i have been making these all summer, but it’s nice to see how someone else does it! you make it look so much easier then how i was doing it!!!

25. Your rosette is easy and so beautiful! You are so cute :)

Thanks

26. Barbara Jean says:

Jami,
    Found you via La Maison Reid.
    Posted about your tutorial.

off to see more of your blog.

blessings

barbara jean

27. Thank you! You make it look so easy! Definitely will give it a try!
    xo, Karen

28. I love your blog,and thanks for the tutorial on the rose,you make it look so easy!have a great day!carol

29. Kristin says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog Jami! What a surprise! I was just watching your rosette tutorial again. You have such a fun, creative blog. I’m making some rosettes with sheer fabrics for clothing or hair “pretties”, so thanks for showing me how. :)

30. Thank you so much for this! I am so excited to make some of these! I knew it couldn’t be that hard but I had no clue how to even attempt making one of these. Great tutorial!

31. Blogging by Pictures says:

Hi i love your blog! i added your linky button to my collection so everyone can join in on the fun. :)

bloggingbypictures.blogspot.com

32. Mrs. Mobunny says:

Hmmmm, I think I can do this!

33. Just wanted to let you know I’m linking to your tute on my blog. It’s really cute!
    Jenna Excell
    (excellcrafts.blogspot.com)

34. Anita says:

Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial! I’ll try to make such a rose very soon! I made lots of similiar fabric roses but they are actually quite bigger, if you have time, just click here so see the results on my blog:

And did you ever try to crochet your roses? http://ein-stueck-garten.blogspot.com/2010/04/most-wonderful-rose-ive-ever-made_18.html

Best wishes from another rose lover in Germany!
    Anita

35. Your “Chunky Rosete” tutorial made it all look so easy! Thank you so much for sharing this technique here. This would be sweet under our windows, as part of a tie-back system. :)
    Rose & Studio Friends

36. maureen says:

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together and share your process.

37. Gracias por enseñarnos esta maravilla, seguro que la utilizare mucho
    gracias y un saludo desde España

38. Mari says:

Thank you! Beatifull rose…

39. Susan Alise says:

Precious!! Thanks for taking the time to make the tutorial. (The quality was just fine)8-) I’ve bookmarked your site and will visit often. Also, will include your site in my list of ‘helpful places to see’ for my sewing students.
    susan@pebblebridgesewing.com

40. I am in love with my chunky rosette. Thanks for showing your readers how to do this. I am making a burlap pillow to showcase my new rosette and will feature it on my blog. Of course you will get all the credit for the design brilliance!

LOVE your talent!

Dana

41. rhr-ozgrkdn says:

Thank you,Today I’m find looking for…:)))

42. Mel says:

Very Clear now…it puzzled me at first before I saw your video…thanks a whole bunch…I’m gonna give it a try…again…watch my blog to see how I did…I’ll put it on some burlap pieces for the cabin…thanks friend! Mel’s Designs from the Cabin….Mel

43. Anonymous says:

i made one with a really cheap fabric and it still tured out really good

44. Peggy says:

I just found your tutorial yesterday and I like it a lot. You mentioned you would do a tutorial for the method that rolls in as well if anyone was interested. My daughter-in-law and I would love to see that too. Many thanks for taking the time to help others.

45. Diane East says:

I would love to see the tutorial for the chunky roses would love to make a wreath for my front door.

46. Danielle says:

Love your rosettes. Could you do a video on the bobbypin rosette (rolled in)?

47. Judy Guthrie says:

Please send me the tutorial for the chunky fabric rosette. Thanks!

48. Lorraine says:

Thanks so much – your tut is clear and much simpler than the others I found.

49. Carole says:

Cool! Thanks! I’m a visual learner too (for the most part), so this is great. :)
    Carole recently posted..Friday FreebieMy Profile